Help #6

I am a student I Niagera college and am working with excel, I have a n
ifstatmet that is giving the correct answer but its not solving the anser.

The statment :    =IF(G9>B3,+"sum(G9*C3)",+"sum(G9*1)")

The Answer  sum(G9*C3)

The problemi is that it is the wright answer but it will not tally the sum.

Help me PLZ
0
student1 (34)

How about:

=IF(G9>B3,G9*C3,G9)

the use of the SUM function is wastefull (as there is nothing to sum), as it
is the multiplication by 1.

Regards,
KL

"Niagera College Student" <Niagera College
Student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a student I Niagera college and am working with excel, I have a n
> ifstatmet that is giving the correct answer but its not solving the anser.
>
> The statment :    =IF(G9>B3,+"sum(G9*C3)",+"sum(G9*1)")
>
> The Answer  sum(G9*C3)
>
> The problemi is that it is the wright answer but it will not tally the
> sum.
>
> Help me PLZ

Leave out the quotes and the superfluous SUM()s and "+" signs:

    =IF(G9>B3, G9*C3, G9)

That can then be further simplified to

    =G9 * IF(G9>B3, C3, 1)

In article <11578922-C7A3-40E5-B44E-65E4AB5FBC10@microsoft.com>,
 "Niagera College Student" <Niagera College
 Student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am a student I Niagera college and am working with excel, I have a n
> ifstatmet that is giving the correct answer but its not solving the anser.
>
> The statment :    =IF(G9>B3,+"sum(G9*C3)",+"sum(G9*1)")
>
> The Answer  sum(G9*C3)
>
> The problemi is that it is the wright answer but it will not tally the sum.
>
> Help me PLZ
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/14/2005 5:19:29 PM
Thank you for you help in the end I was able to make it simple

IF(G9>$B$3,H9*$C$3,H9*0)

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> Leave out the quotes and the superfluous SUM()s and "+" signs:
>
>     =IF(G9>B3, G9*C3, G9)
>
> That can then be further simplified to
>
>     =G9 * IF(G9>B3, C3, 1)
>

> In article <11578922-C7A3-40E5-B44E-65E4AB5FBC10@microsoft.com>,
>  "Niagera College Student" <Niagera College
>  Student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am a student I Niagera college and am working with excel, I have a n
> > ifstatmet that is giving the correct answer but its not solving the anser.
> >
> > The statment :    =IF(G9>B3,+"sum(G9*C3)",+"sum(G9*1)")
> >
> > The Answer  sum(G9*C3)
> >
> > The problemi is that it is the wright answer but it will not tally the sum.
> >
> > Help me PLZ

Since anything multiplie by zero is zero, you could make it just a bit
simpler:

    =IF(G9>$B$3,H9*$C$3,0)

Just for kicks, you could also do it this way, since XL interprets a
TRUE value as 1 and FALSE as zero in a math formula:

    =H9*$C$3*(G9>$B$3)

In article <35AB2F1A-1F83-48C5-9275-F5208B1B142F@microsoft.com>,
 "Niagera College Student"
 <NiageraCollegeStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thank you for you help in the end I was able to make it simple
>
> IF(G9>$B$3,H9*$C$3,H9*0)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Return cell based on another cell help!
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a list of codes in column A, a Master list of codes in column C, and a Master description in D that is associated with the values in C. If a code exists in A, I would like to check if the same code exists in C. If so, I would like to populate column B with the description in D. Can anyone show me how to do this please? Try this in B1: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,$C$1:$C$100,0)),"No Match",VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$100,2,0)) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============...

Is there a way to attach a xslt template to a xsltargumentlist? please help!
in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extension object. Now, I want functions in the extension object to call template in the xsl, this way I can put some customized code into the template. I think it is reasonable, but I don;t know how to do it, anyone has some idea on this? Thanks. xslt.Transform(xmlDoc, xslArg, textHTML, null); david wrote: > in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension > object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extens...

Historical aged trial balance #6
Hi can anyone tell me the store procedure used to extract a Report Reports-Sales-Trial Balance-Historical aged trial balance Because the management want that report to be in Excel format Regards Thiru Hi, you can extract the report to excel format however u'll not get it in a readible format. You need to some formating. To extract the report, print the report to file and select tab delimited. This will give u in excel format. You can write a small macro and sort the things out to make it readible. regards Reddy On Jun 22, 9:04=A0am, Thirumal <Thiru...@discussions.microsoft.co...

Microsoft Excel Help
Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them arguments? Hi if you mean the 'parameteres' of a function how would you call them otherwise :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "martz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0b2601c4d8e5$c05f7bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel > function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them > arguments? ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Help with Now()
Hi, I am creating a spreadsheet and I need to have a cell and that record the date and time each row is entered seperately. The problem I have at the moment is whenever I add a new row of data i updates the previous rows time? does any one have any suggestions on how to stop this happening? thank -- sydoll ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sydolly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46697 Now() is a volatile function and will change ev...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

search #6
hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results that match the criteria, than it will return all the results to the 1st page, is this poss. please help thank you You can use an Advanced Filter to extract data to another sheet. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html ash wrote: > hi i want to put a search option in a spredsheet so you can enter 3 or 4 > criterias and it will search a page or a few pages for all the results t...

Help with Raw Stock Data Collection
Is it possible to have Excel search through 1 minute raw data and be able to determine if the price moves between a certain boundary for a certain time then it will be classified as "Type 1". And if it is increasing for a certain time then it will be "Type 2" and likewise for when it is decreasing. I want Excel to be able to automatically search through the raw data and determine what is the type of state without myself having to manually pinpoint it on the chart then going back and doing a manual search and calculation in Excel. Only issue is that the exact number determi...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Urgent help with CStringArray
Hello, i need to return a CStringArray from a class method, but CStringArray (and CStringList also) doesn't have a copy constructor! I want avoid memory allocation within the metod because I don't want to force the class user to deallocate pointers... this is the piece of code: const CStringArray MyClass::MyMethod() { CStringArray StrArray; for (...) StrArray.Add("something"); return StrArray; // this will generate a missing copy constructor compile error } Thank you, Gaetano Sferra "Gaetano Sferra" <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote in messag...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Bill Pay Help
I just signed up for Bill Pay (I have Money 2005), I'm not sure how to coordinate Bill Pay with my Bills list and my checking account register. It makes a separate Bill Pay register, but won't allow me to merge it with my checking account (as Help suggests). Tech support was completely useless, in fact it seems they're in a hurry to get us off the phone. ...

Just Help Me
Hello All . . . Please answer the questionary in the following URI http://nees.awardspace.com/ Thanks a lot . . . :D Post the question here, and we might. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "CorfuVBProgrammer" <merianosnikos@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167902152.017496.205590@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com... > Hello All . . . > > Please answer the questionary in the following URI > > http://nees.awardspace.com/ > > Thanks a lot . . . :D > ...

Help revising slow code
I am using the following code to remove all the lines in a worksheet that have a zero value in Column H. Because there are thousands of rows in the worksheet, this loop takes forever! Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this more quickly? Thanks! Sub Delete_Row_w0() Dim Firstrow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long With Application CalcMode = .Calculation .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With With Sheets(1) .Select ...

Need Help
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

Autofilter help
Hi all I have 4 columns of data with an auto filter on - all ok I then reduce my selection so I finally only have one row of data - all ok Not ok: Problem: Is there an easy way that I can copy the data in the top row of the filter, to another worksheet page - so if the filter is changed so top line shows new result - still copies over the data in the top row of the filter. Bearing in mind that the top row could be I.E. Originally Row 8 or 108 depending on the selection. Autofilter Line = 1 2 3 4 eg Result of A/F a a a a <== copy the result of this line to dif...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

outlook express 6 #37
I recently downloaded outlook express 6 and it won't let me open any attachements saying "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements". Can anyone help? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Tools->OPtions->Security. Post any followup to the OE group referenced below. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...