Having one form show another form's input?

I'm trying to get my user form to show data in my spreadsheet.  I've tried
things like .Value = Range("E1") and things like that, but nothing seems to
work.
        I have 2 forms. The first form is an information-entering type form.
The second I want to display that information that the user inputs (his/her
name, number, etc.)  How can this be done?
0
Lucosa

in the second form click the cell you want to display the info, press = then
click on the cell you wish it to display in the user form and press enter.
ive asked a similar Q; on how to do this for an entire sheet or book, maybe
usefull for what you want ?

"Lucosa" wrote:

> I'm trying to get my user form to show data in my spreadsheet.  I've tried
> things like .Value = Range("E1") and things like that, but nothing seems to
> work.
>         I have 2 forms. The first form is an information-entering type form.
> The second I want to display that information that the user inputs (his/her
> name, number, etc.)  How can this be done?

0
hoyt1 (21)
6/13/2006 8:09:02 AM
This will prevent your cells from reading "0" when there is no entry in the
info sheet:
=IF(Sheet1!A1<>"",Sheet1!A1,"")
this would reside in Sheet2, A1
Then it will read whatever is in Sheet1, A1

"hoyt" wrote:

> in the second form click the cell you want to display the info, press = then
> click on the cell you wish it to display in the user form and press enter.
> ive asked a similar Q; on how to do this for an entire sheet or book, maybe
> usefull for what you want ?
>
> "Lucosa" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to get my user form to show data in my spreadsheet.  I've tried
> > things like .Value = Range("E1") and things like that, but nothing seems to
> > work.
> >         I have 2 forms. The first form is an information-entering type form.
> > The second I want to display that information that the user inputs (his/her
> > name, number, etc.)  How can this be done?

0
ufopilot (81)
6/13/2006 2:53:01 PM
hello

is it possible to make this work and update every cell on the sheet as
opposed to a single cell i.e.A1?

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

> This will prevent your cells from reading "0" when there is no entry in the
> info sheet:
> =IF(Sheet1!A1<>"",Sheet1!A1,"")
> this would reside in Sheet2, A1
> Then it will read whatever is in Sheet1, A1
>

> "hoyt" wrote:
>
> > in the second form click the cell you want to display the info, press = then
> > click on the cell you wish it to display in the user form and press enter.
> > ive asked a similar Q; on how to do this for an entire sheet or book, maybe
> > usefull for what you want ?
> >
> > "Lucosa" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to get my user form to show data in my spreadsheet.  I've tried
> > > things like .Value = Range("E1") and things like that, but nothing seems to
> > > work.
> > >         I have 2 forms. The first form is an information-entering type form.
> > > The second I want to display that information that the user inputs (his/her
> > > name, number, etc.)  How can this be done?

0
hoyt1 (21)

Transferring HTML form data to a spreadsheet?
Hi Guys I was hoping someone could help me. Say I have a simple web form, consisting of one text field. How can I get the contents of that text field into a cell in my spreadsheet? For example, lets say, I type my name "2eXtreme" into the Google search bar, is there any way I can run a macro or something similar on the page to read the contents of the search bar text and then copy it into a cell in excel? I've tried using Web Queries, but only text field labels get copied into the spreadsheet, not the text field contents... I hope this makes sense, any help is very much appreci...

One column with different widths
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width rows 30 and above a norrower width. Is this possible with Excel XP? -- Calpitor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Calpitor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476080 Merge the cells of two columns for the section you wish to be wider -- henry ------------------------------------------------------------------------ henry's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Combine two data sources into one pivot table
I have one worksheet that has budget figures and one that has actuals. Is there a way for me to combine these into a single pivot table. "budget" and "actuals" should be different fields of course. This sounds pefectly possible to me but you need to provide more details. Is the data all in one Workbook or more? "Shig" wrote: > I have one worksheet that has budget figures and one that has actuals. > Is there a way for me to combine these into a single pivot table. > "budget" and "actuals" should be different fields of c...

expand and Collapse form
I am trying to make a form that will serve as a sort of navigation pane. I want the form to expand and collapse when I click on a subject this will display other forms I am wanting in that catagory. any idea on how to do this? Not sure exactly what you have in mind, but have you thought of hiding and showing the form. That is easy to do. There are some switchboard examples around if you search. One way is to use a form with a listbox down the left side. Clicking on an item in the listbox, opens a form inside the subform on the right side of the main form. Your code just change...

I know how to concatenate ,can one de-concatenate to split date?
We are using Quick Books and want to export to a Custom Label Quick Books only exports to EXCEL in IIF format. QUICK BOOKS PROBLEM- wrote: > We are using Quick Books and want to export to a Custom Label Quick Books > only exports to EXCEL in IIF format. In the date column use the text to column feature under Data on the menu bar. For the delimiter select / this will split the date into three columns. gls858 ...

How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with its own page number? #2
Roy, thank you so much for this solution. I will try it right away. Best regards, Laura Sallwasser Roy Wagner Wrote: > Laura, > > If you want to use the center footer, replace the FOR/NEXT loop with > the one > below. You still need a placeholder on the worksheet, but the sequence > number > statement is printed in the footer rather than on the sheet (only > visible in > preview etc.). You can eliminate the formula on the sheet that put the > text > and number together. I also changed it so it increments the number > before > printing instead of a...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

Opening a new record form but allowing searches
I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up so that it allows for both? On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:54:06 -0800, Fallout <Fallout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but >it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow >for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up ...

OWA attachments not showing...
I have several users that are complaining of missing attachments in OWA. I've had them forward me whatever email they received with the missing attachments, but I can see the attachments using Outlook 2003. However, when I log into my email via OWA, the attachments are not visible at all. Has anyone ever heard of this before and is there a hotfix for the issue? TIA, Ken ...

Closed accounts show up in Reports
I see other posts for this and none of the supposed answers seem to fix my problem, at least permanently. I have one online account that is actually tied to 3 at my bank. All three accounts show up in money. One of these accounts is just an account I monitor, so I don't want it's transactions listed with mine during calculations. I have "closed" the account in money. I have unselected the options for this account to 1) Include this account in the budget planner and 2) Use this account for budgeted savings goals. None of these fix my issue (see post title). I not...

Outlook Today Not Showing Outlook 2003
I can not get Outlook Today to show on MS OFfice 2003. These directions do not work. When I first loaded it, I saw the outlook Today page, but now can not find it. On the Go menu, click Shortcuts. In the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), click Outlook Today. On the Outlook Today page, click Customize Outlook Today. Do any of the following: Outlook Today is the top level of your message store ...

New DC/GC not showing up in DSAccess
Good morning, All! I have a bit of a stumper for me. I will admit that I have not given this a whole lot of thought to this just yet. But, I have done the obvious. We have a client who had only one Domain Controller (I know! I know!). This is a Windows Server 2003 SP1 box running everything (GC/DNS/WINS/DHCP,et al). It is also the Exchange Server (2003, SP2). Everything is fully patched. Upon my strong urging, they purchased a second server (a Dell 2900 running Windows Server 2003 R2 x64) two months ago. We bought the x64 version as this will eventually become the Exchange Serve...

imp...histogram showing incorrect value
i am makign an histogram chart. teh x axis has values from 0-70 and y axis has values from 1-31 (why its starting from 1 i am unable to make out) the range shoudl ideally start from 0. so my problem is that the minimum value is 7.9 but my histogram shows be 8.9 .. why is this so and i how to resolve this. if i try and change the format axis for Y where its written: value (Y) axis crosses at category number: 1 if i change from 1 to 0 then it gives me an error: the number must be between 1 and 31999. try again by entering a number in this range. thanks in advance monika In XL, each x-ax...

Transactions don't show latest download
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_021A_01C4EDED.8453C110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've downloaded my transactions from my bank, it registers in = MSMoney2004 as downloaded, but the transactions don't show in the = account. How do I force the program to recognize and list the = downloaded transactions? Chad Bresson Xenia, OH ------=_NextPart_000_021A_01C4EDED.8453C110 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DO...

Can I make the scroll bar show the row number?
My previous version showed the row number as I clicked on the scroll tab and pulled it up or down, making for easy location of the line I'm looking for. Excel 2003 does not show the line (row) number. Is there a way to turn on this feature in this version? Marcia This nice feature was not included with Excel 2002 either. I think it was exchanged for seeing the pixel size when you drag to adjust a column or change a row height. Yippee! Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:47:04 -0800, "Marcia Duckworth" <Marcia Duckworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Combine multiple tables into one

Form check box
I have a check box that's part of a form and have the information copy to a data base: ws.Cells(iRow, 2).Value = Me.txtMemberName.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 5).Value = Me.TxtDeposits.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 6).Value = Me.TxtLending.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 7).Value = Me.CBBroker.Value <---this line ws.Cells(iRow, 8).Value = Me.Txtmutualfunds.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 10).Value = Me.txtComments.Value The value that appears in the data base is "true" How do I simply change this to say "Yes" Thanks for your help if me.cbbroker.value = true then ws.cells(iRow, 7)...

Transfer Roth from One Brokerage to Another?
I'm using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial. How would I go about telling Money about transferring a Roth from one brokerage to another (I'm letting money download the data from my current brokerage)? Is there some way to, perhaps, change the Financial Institution and account number and then let Money continue as though nothing has happened? Or, do I have to close the old account and then open a new one and somehow account for the shares? In microsoft.public.money, David A. Lessnau wrote: >I'm using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Trial. How would I go about >...

SOP Blank Report to show in print Picklist
Hi All, I just modified SOP Blank Order Form by adding a Calculation field and Saved it. Now, when I go to Transaction Sale History, open it, and pick one Document Id. It's showing data including of Total amount. However, when I click print and I check Order checkbox but there's no SOP Blank Order Form showing up, it's just showing Blank Form, Short Form, Long Form in dropdown list. So, how can I add SOP Blank Order Form I did modify to show in dropdown list so that when I click Print it'll show all data containing custom calculation field correctly? Please advice ...

Form will not display records
In Access 2007, one of our users has asked me to research the following, She built one form, using fields from 5 tables, each table has a field, Item_ID, it is the Primary key in all 5 tables, and a 1-1 inner join relates the 5 tables. She then created the form, using the fields from the tables. Data entry works perfectly, and the tables get populated, but when closing the application and then restarting it, the data does not display in the form, although it is still in the tables. What could cause this behavior? What is the SQL feeding the form? -- Build a little, test a ...

Filter by Form limitations
I have a form with several combo boxes which are "limit to list". I have another combo box that is disabled if the value in another field doesn't meet certain criteria. When the user clicks "filter by form", they can't enter any wildcard strings into the "limit to list" combo boxes, and they can't use the disabled field at all for filtering. I would like the form to become more usable for filtering when the user clicks "filter by form" (ability to use wildcards etc). What is the best way to do this? I had a thought that I could put...

Automatic Histogram with Inputs
Hi! I know how to use the histogram tool, but I was wondering if there's a way to make it so that if a user changes some of the input values manually, the histogram calculations are changed as well. Thanks in advance. J - > Hi! I know how to use the histogram tool, but I was wondering if there's a > way to make it so that if a user changes some of the input values > manually, the histogram calculations are changed as well. Thanks in > advance. < The Histogram tool produces static results. If you want dynamic output, consider using the FREQUENCY array-entered w...

Posting from a form to a table
A have a db that is used to keep track of members that talk and when. the process is that I have a form that pulls in several names from a table "MemberName". each record is associated with a date. I would like to have the date of the record post to each of the names from the "MemberName" table. I imagine that you would need one table for the member names and another table for the talks. One member can give many talks, so the relationship is 1 to many between MemberName table and the Talk table. In the talk table, you would have the MemberID from the memb...

How do I set up a sheet with date headers one week apart.
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet with date headers and/or side labels, one week apart. I have tried without success. Any help gratefully received. 1/1/2006 - 8/1/2006 - 15/1/2006 etc. Frank Taylor Dell Dimension 8400 4 Gig RAM 1.3 GigHz Pentium CPU Multithreaded Windows XP Pro - SR2 Canon S530D 160 Gig Hard Drive. Hi Type your first date in A2. In the next cell use = A2+7 You can fill this across as necessary. Andy. "mossbury" <mossbury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8E4DAB1-C24F-4AE1-8BDA-2E854FEE78C8@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up...

Form Designer in VC Net 2003 ???
sorry but I am a newbie ... Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C Builder ??? Is the form designer in VC Net more flexible and powerful then the ones in Borland C Builder ??? Hope to hear from you soon ... Andy > Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Has a form designer, but not like Borland's C Builder. > Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C > Builder ??? I think yes, but this is personal....