Going From Excel 97 To Excel 2007 Questions From Sr. Citizen, Please

Hello,

Am in my 70's now, and a lot of this is becoming a bit harder.
May I ask, please:

a.  Have been using Excel 97 to simply plot out my blood pressure for my MD
over the years.
Old Excel, but did everything I needed, and was sure easy to make plots
from.

Just installed Office 97 with the new Excel.
Big mistake, I think.

My old graphs in Excel 97 (it's been so long now I don't remember all the
things I did to create it) has a "trend line" thru the points.
Guess it's a simple linear rms line fit.

The new Excel, when importing the old file, has the points and graphs O.K.,
but no trend line.

How can I simply have it show, and print, on the graph again in the new
Excel ?

b. Also, the new Excel didn't pick up a few text boxes I have in the old
graph.
Why ?
What can I do to have them show, and print, again ?

Much thanks,
Bob

0
rgsros1 (38)

I just tried mine in xl2007 created in xl2003 (I think originally xl97) and
it worked fine.
If desired, send your file to the address below. I have xl97,2003 and 2007
for testing. If I can't fix yours, I'll send you a copy of mine, complete
with graphs and trend line

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Robert11" <rgsros@xnotme.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Am in my 70's now, and a lot of this is becoming a bit harder.
> May I ask, please:
>
> a.  Have been using Excel 97 to simply plot out my blood pressure for my
> MD over the years.
> Old Excel, but did everything I needed, and was sure easy to make plots
> from.
>
> Just installed Office 97 with the new Excel.
> Big mistake, I think.
>
> My old graphs in Excel 97 (it's been so long now I don't remember all the
> things I did to create it) has a "trend line" thru the points.
> Guess it's a simple linear rms line fit.
>
> The new Excel, when importing the old file, has the points and graphs
> O.K., but no trend line.
>
> How can I simply have it show, and print, on the graph again in the new
> Excel ?
>
> b. Also, the new Excel didn't pick up a few text boxes I have in the old
> graph.
> Why ?
> What can I do to have them show, and print, again ?
>
> Much thanks,
> Bob

0
dguillett1 (2487)

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Excel 97 #9

Excel button problem

Question -Problem

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

Please help #8

Pivot Table Question #5

outlook 97 and express email problems

learning Excel #3

question on os authenticity
I purchased a laptop with Windows 2000 preinstalled from a dealer who claims to be a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher. There was no COA attached to the body of the computer and he claims that he was not required to because he owns the license to it, not me. Is this correct? -- julesrh77 Good question but not for this community. You need to post your question in a Windows community. But, I think he's wrong and you should call Microsoft directly to ask them. You can find their phone number by going to www.microsoft.com. -- Charles Allen, MVP "julesrh77" wrote: > ...

outlook 2007 e-mail

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook