getting a message box with the unc file path

I need help getting a message box with a unc file path to pop up(ie. \
\server1\folder1\file1)
my current code is
Sub whatisfilepath()

MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.Path

End Sub

i need to know if it is possable to have a unc file path
any help is good help.
0
koroth112 (1)

Untried as I don't have a network at home but....

Private Declare Function WNetGetConnection Lib "mpr.dll" _
  Alias "WNetGetConnectionA" _
  (ByVal lpszLocalName As String, _
  ByVal lpszRemoteName As String, _
  cbRemoteName As Long) As Long

'basics created by Frank Isaacs (www.DolphinTechnology.com/Frank)
'10/24/2000
'/==========================================
Sub UNCfromLocal()
  'Find UNC from Local path
  'i.e.  Local drive "F:" = "\\RdaServer3\sys1"
  Dim sLocal As String
  Dim sRemote As String * 255
  Dim lLen As Long
  Dim strAnswer As String

  sRemote = String$(255, Chr$(32))

  lLen = 255

  sLocal = UCase(InputBox("Enter Local Drive Letter", "Do NOT use ':' ..."))

  WNetGetConnection sLocal, sRemote, lLen

  MsgBox sLocal & ": " & sRemote
End Sub
'/==========================================

"koroth112@gmail.com" wrote:

> I need help getting a message box with a unc file path to pop up(ie. \
> \server1\folder1\file1)
> my current code is
> Sub whatisfilepath()
>
> MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.Path
>
> End Sub
>
> i need to know if it is possable to have a unc file path
> any help is good help.

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Isinteg Warning Message Question

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

Public Folder link to Excel File

Interface not registered message

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Renaming Partial File Names