get rid of extra rows

I have this nice spreadsheet, but somehow additional rows were created at the
bottom, and I can't get rid of them by "deleting", backspace, editing and
deleting the formatting in those rows. Suggestions?

You can't change the number of rows in an XL sheet (65536 pre-XL07, over
a million in XL07). You could hide them instead (Format/Row/Hide).

In article <761C1720-3B35-4FBC-8C58-A48AE057C8D4@microsoft.com>,
 kendallzemp <kendallzemp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have this nice spreadsheet, but somehow additional rows were created at the
> bottom, and I can't get rid of them by "deleting", backspace, editing and
> deleting the formatting in those rows. Suggestions?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/13/2007 2:42:29 PM
See if this helps -- use the macro.
# Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?, contextures.com, Debra Dalgleish.
Use the macro solution.   The basis of deletions is all columns without content, and all rows without content.

If that doesn't work, because you  do actually have spaces in cells, see
    Making the activecell the LastCell (#MakeLastCell)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm#MakeLastCell
--
HTH,
David McRitchie,  Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-FC65D2.08422913092007@msnews.microsoft.com...
> You can't change the number of rows in an XL sheet (65536 pre-XL07, over
> a million in XL07). You could hide them instead (Format/Row/Hide).
>
> In article <761C1720-3B35-4FBC-8C58-A48AE057C8D4@microsoft.com>,
> kendallzemp <kendallzemp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I have this nice spreadsheet, but somehow additional rows were created at the
>> bottom, and I can't get rid of them by "deleting", backspace, editing and
>> deleting the formatting in those rows. Suggestions?

Why would m_pSiteFocus get corrupt?
I have an app with a view that hosts windows media player (CWMPPlayer4). The player is occasionally removed from the screen (using ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and MoveWindow(CRect(0,0,0,0), FALSE) and then put back (using the same functions as during the removal but with different param values). On odd occasions I get access violation in the view's OnWndMsg(). When this happens I can see in the debugger that m_pSiteFocus of the view (control container) is not valid ( the pointer value seems to look OK but its content is simply garbage). Would anyone have any idea why this happens? Thank...

Extra Rows in Excel 2007
I recently upgraded to Excel 2007 from 2002, and a lot of the spreadsheets seem to have something extra in the rows below the end of the data. Two examples: 1) I went to the bottom of the data in a spreadsheet and made a new entry. As soon as I hit enter, the spreadsheet started scrolling down and wouldn't stop for a couple of thousand rows. 2) I saved a spreadsheet as a csv file and another application that uses the file started having problems. So I opened the csv file in WordPad and saw a couple of hundred rows of commas. That never happened with Excel 2002. I opened the ...

How can I get data from an entity via java script
How can I get data from an entity via java The problem: I have a new entity with alle zipcodes and cities/countries. I want it to be so that if a person enters data in the zip code on account or contact that city and state automatically is filled with corresponding data from the new zip code entity. How can I do this, java script ?` Any ideas appriciated ! Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 13991 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke de...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

Getting the "name=" (bit, picklist) value that is returned from SOAP
Hi all, I am getting several fields via a Web service request in javascript in an OnChange event to poulate other field on a case. One of those fields is a bit, and one is a picklist. Those nodes in the response come back with <attribute="new_active" name="true">1</attribute> for the bit field and <attribute="status" name="On Hold">3</attribute> How can I read the name value? I've tried selectSingleNode("//status").name with no luck. Thanks! I am doing a similar process, using a SOAP response message. I ge...

Hidding rows when sorting
Hi all I have a sheet, where I upload informaton - some rows are hidden (parts already in stock) So, when they sort by some coloumn, it shows all rows, and hides the one which does not match. Is there an event I can catch so I can hide even more? It is a file someone else made at some time, so: how do I add the sort option? WBR Sonnich "hides the one which does not match" Sounds like you are filtering, not sorting. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:46:57 -0700 (PDT), jodleren <sonnich@hot.ee> wrote: >Hi all > >I have a s...

How can I rid off a group excel document?
Do you mean [Group] in the title bar. Rightclick on a worksheet tab and choose Ungroup Sheets Marisol wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Deleting Rows With Criteria
Hi there, I have data in columns A to BS [numeric and words] I want to delete all rows that do not contain the word Stoke from column K. The word Stoke may be on it's own or in a sentence [of no more than 5 words]. Any suggestions, Thanks, Bob I'd suggest using Data, Filter, Advanced Filter to create a new list of just the stoke rows. In the Criteria box point to a range off somewhere (that you create) that has the same header label as column K and in the cell below this: *stoke* -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Bob Beard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

*Keeping* multiple CToolbars docked in a single row during window resize
I have an MDI app with several toolbars docked in a single row (using DockControlBarLeftOf etc.) I am trying to prevent the rightmost toolbars from repositioning beneath the other toolbars in the same row as the main window frame is resized. Currently each toolbar is automatically repositioned on the left of the screen in order to prevent it going out of view as the window width shrinks. I would like to keep the toolbars as they are initially set; in a single row, during any window sizing operations. I still need to make the toolbars *manually* draggable, floatable and moveable by user mou...

practice sessions won't download get error on page
Training excel 2003- "practice in excel" will not download a spreadsheet. Also, the little + that allows you to see what's in a chapter will not open. Bottom of page says "error on page". How do I get this to work? ...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

move rows from column to column
I have Column b with Name in one row and number in 2nd row want to move all numbers to Column a and leave name in Column b without having to move each one seperate. 1500 records. Use a help column, in the first adjacent cell type =ISNUMBER(A2) where A2 is the first cell with name copy down 1500 rows by either dragging the formula or double click the lower right corner of the help cell (as long as it is in an adjacent column) Then apply data>filter>autofilter and filter on FALSE in the help columns, select all visible cells and copy and paste somewhere else, then select TRUE from ...

Not getting all my emails
computer with XP and OE crashed. Have W7 now... downloaded windows live... can send and recieve but not getting all of my emails... (have other accounts set up with same email address.. am getting emails there but not all in W7). Have a Pop3 account. Never any problems with OE... don't understand why I recieve some emails and not others... some emails I send and people reply to I am not getting either. Any help would be appreciated. Are these actual different accounts, or different e-mail addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? How are they set up? (i.e. rules moving t...

Don't Get All My Mail
I have Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2000SP-3. I am not getting all of the same emails on Outlook 2000 that I get in Outlook Express. It is not a filtering problem. Can anyone help me. I also use IE6 with SBC as my ISP and also don't get the same messages as I get in Express. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to make Outlook 2000 as my default, but I'm afraid I will not get all of my mail until this is fixed. You can post here or reply to me directly.... alphalandscape@sbcglobal.net Do you have OE set for the accts to Leave Mail on Server? If not, OE will remo...

resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text?
I have an existing spreadsheet created by another user. Some of the rows are not automatically sized to display all text. Is there a command to resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text? thanks email: softwaretest underscore 2003 at hotmail Church lady, try Ctrl a, to select the whole sheet, then format, row, autofit -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "the church lady" <tcl@mail.com&g...

Freezing? Rows
I have a question pertaining to Excel. I keep track of patients in excel sheet.. I add about 10 patients a week into this sheet. Then I sort it by patients’ name, so the sheet appears alphabetically. I know this is not the best way to keep the data... and I am afraid that by some mistake rows might get shifter and information for each patient will be shifted as well. Is there any way to prevent this kind of disaster from happening? Somehow "freezing" the information for each row for all the columns, so that individual patient's info cannot be shifted so easily? Any sugg...

How do I get the document to align with my labels?
I keep trying to print these labels, and they end up wasting because the alignment is off. I am using the right number labels along with the application, but for some reason it's not working. My printer is a F335 All-In-One. Please advise. Thank You. Extremely difficult without seeing them. But 99% of the time it is because normal.dot has been modified by adding a Header or Footer or similar and labels are based on normal.dot. So try starting Word in Safe Mode and create a sheet of labels to see if that works. If it does, rename normal.dot as normal.bad and start Word agai...

Pivot chart: get rid of zeroes?
Hi, I have created a pivot chart using a pivot table. However I want the zeroes to be NULLs so they are displayed on the graph. Unfortunately I cannot see how to do this; could someone please help? I have tried the Table Option checkboxes in the bottom right corner to no avail. Thanks Sorry, that should read NOT displayed on graphs "Phil Davy" wrote: > Hi, > > I have created a pivot chart using a pivot table. > > However I want the zeroes to be NULLs so they are displayed on the graph. > > Unfortunately I cannot see how to do this; could someone p...

Traspose Column data into Row
Hi, I want to transpose column data in to row. I have seen many posts (using INDEX or OFFSET functions) but all these solution assume a fixed block of data to be transposed, My problem is that the data i have not only has variable blocks to be transposed but also has some duplicate headings(headings are duplicate but the data in front of each heading has different value. Below is the example of data Col A Col B Col C PRODUCT COST COMPONENT COST$ A Raw Mat 10 A D L ...

2-D charting with multiple rows
I have a power user who wishes to increase the size of his 2-D graphics but is limited to using 32000 records. He needs to be able to use 64,000 records. Any suggestions? I think this might be something that is changed in regedit but I am not sure. Thanks! Yep, and you can bypass the 256 column limit with Windows API calls. Joking aside, how about two series, formatted identically. If you have duplicate entries in the legend, select the legend, then select the text of one entry, and press the Delete key. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorial...

To get user training manual for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello I am implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 for an health care company in Michigan. Right now I have experience with installation, customizing and CRM application functions for 2 years. In the future I would like to pursue my future as a Microsoft CRM consultant. Thus, I would like to get all 3 of certificates of Microsoft CRM:- Which is:- 1. Application 2. Customizing 3. Installation and Configuration The problem I have is I work for a company which I am not permanent employee, and this company is not Microsoft Partner also. So If I would like to have user manuals for preparation to ...

Getting Combo boxes to change options based on other Combo boxes.
Using Excel 2007. I am trying to create either Form Control Combo Boxes or ActiveX Combo Boxes that will change the selectable options based on selections made in previous combo boxes. I am having a hard time finding any information that will work for me. Can someone tell me how to make 5 combo boxes change available listed options when specific options are selected in another combo box? Please? I've been working on this for a very long time without success. I've tried using Data Validation, but my formulas are too long for all the different possible combinations. You are...

how to create row with data
imagine i have two rows: name and color: mary blue ken brown will blue what i want is having, in another row, just the names that have blue eyes, like mary will thank you On Mon, 11 May 2009 17:26:04 -0700, rafael <rafael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >imagine i have two rows: name and color: >mary blue >ken brown >will blue > >what i want is having, in another row, just the names that have blue eyes, >like >mary >will Like: mary will or like: mary will ???? ty i have excel 2000 what i want is all names in a single row, wi...

Simple hack to get $1000 to your home
Simple hack to get $1000 to your home at http://easywayformoney.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Highlighting whole row in this macro
Can I add something to this so that when the A1:A100 field is changed, the whole row (A-L) is highlighted ColorIndex 6? Dim x, cl Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Target.Offset(0, 1) = x Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) x = ActiveCell.Value End Sub target.entirerow.resize(1,12).interior.colorindex = 6 or since the target is already in column A: target.resize(1,12).interior.colorindex = 6 eastrivergraphics@gmail.com wrote: > &...