function for date?

What is the date function for November 25th, 2007 for Excel?  TIA.
Jorge

0
machocraig (45)

=today()

Or, on any other day:

=DATE(2007,11,25)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OFGY4p6LIHA.5208@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
| What is the date function for November 25th, 2007 for Excel?  TIA.
| Jorge

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/25/2007 9:51:11 PM
You are correct though, but that is not what I asked for.
When I tried both functions, it shows 11/26/07.

I need a date function for "November 26, 2007".

Jorge

"Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> =today()
>
> Or, on any other day:
>
> =DATE(2007,11,25)
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | What is the date function for November 25th, 2007 for Excel?  TIA.
> | Jorge

0
machocraig (45)
11/25/2007 10:15:03 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

For today:  =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")

Specified date:  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")

Rick

> You are correct though, but that is not what I asked for.
> When I tried both functions, it shows 11/26/07.
>
> I need a date function for "November 26, 2007".
>
> Jorge
>

> "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> =today()
>>
>> Or, on any other day:
>>
>> =DATE(2007,11,25)
>>
>> --
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Niek Otten
>> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>
>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> | What is the date function for November 25th, 2007 for Excel?  TIA.
>> | Jorge

Thanks Rick.

Jorge

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in
message news:uemUkK7LIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> For today:  =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>
> Specified date:  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>
> Rick
>

> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> You are correct though, but that is not what I asked for.
>> When I tried both functions, it shows 11/26/07.
>>
>> I need a date function for "November 26, 2007".
>>
>> Jorge
>>

>> "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>>> =today()
>>>
>>> Or, on any other day:
>>>
>>> =DATE(2007,11,25)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Niek Otten
>>> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>>
>>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
machocraig (45)
11/25/2007 10:41:08 PM
Change the cell format
Format/Cells/Custom
mmmm d, yyyy

"Jorge Cervantes" wrote:

> You are correct though, but that is not what I asked for.
> When I tried both functions, it shows 11/26/07.
>
> I need a date function for "November 26, 2007".
>
> Jorge
>

> "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> > =today()
> >
> > Or, on any other day:
> >
> > =DATE(2007,11,25)
> >
> > --
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Niek Otten
> > Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >
> > "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > | What is the date function for November 25th, 2007 for Excel?  TIA.
> > | Jorge

0
jmb (270)
11/26/2007 12:17:00 AM
Hi,

>  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")

The above format works perfect on 2003Excel (from 2003 Office Suite) but did
not work on 97Excel file (from 97Office Suite).
Although I am using 2003Excel, I still use some excel templates from 97
Excel.

I would very much appreciate it if you could post the date function for 97
Excel.

Thank you.   Jorge

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in
message news:uemUkK7LIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> For today:  =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>
> Specified date:  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>
> Rick
>

> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> You are correct though, but that is not what I asked for.
>> When I tried both functions, it shows 11/26/07.
>>
>> I need a date function for "November 26, 2007".
>>
>> Jorge
>>

>> "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>>> =today()
>>>
>>> Or, on any other day:
>>>
>>> =DATE(2007,11,25)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Niek Otten
>>> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>>
>>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
machocraig (45)
11/28/2007 3:48:02 PM
It's no difference, the date functions haven't changed. What happened when
you tried it on excel 97?
Regardless you don't need the text function or the date function to get a
date to display as

November 26, 2007

just type in the date as 11/26/07 and the do format>cells>number>custom and
use

mmmm dd, yyyy

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

> Hi,
>
>>  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>
> The above format works perfect on 2003Excel (from 2003 Office Suite) but
> did not work on 97Excel file (from 97Office Suite).
> Although I am using 2003Excel, I still use some excel templates from 97
> Excel.
>
> I would very much appreciate it if you could post the date function for 97
> Excel.
>
> Thank you.   Jorge
>

> "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in
> message news:uemUkK7LIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Is this what you are looking for?
>>
>> For today:  =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>
>> Specified date:  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>
>> Rick
>>

>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You are correct though, but that is not what I asked for.
>>> When I tried both functions, it shows 11/26/07.
>>>
>>> I need a date function for "November 26, 2007".
>>>
>>> Jorge
>>>

>>> "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

0
terre081 (3244)
11/28/2007 4:23:48 PM
I am not that computer-literate.

When I type in  "=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")" in a cell of 97Excel xls,
it did convert into date.
It shows the same "=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")" function in the cell.
All templates from 97Excel did not work.

But when I type it in 2003 Excel sheet, it automatically convert into
November 28, 2007.

> just type in the date as 11/26/07 and the do format>cells>number>custom
> and use

I could not quite follow your instruction.  I got stuck at "number".

Jorge,

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> It's no difference, the date functions haven't changed. What happened when
> you tried it on excel 97?
> Regardless you don't need the text function or the date function to get a
> date to display as
>
> November 26, 2007
>

> mmmm dd, yyyy
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>>>  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>
>> The above format works perfect on 2003Excel (from 2003 Office Suite) but
>> did not work on 97Excel file (from 97Office Suite).
>> Although I am using 2003Excel, I still use some excel templates from 97
>> Excel.
>>
>> I would very much appreciate it if you could post the date function for
>> 97 Excel.
>>
>> Thank you.   Jorge
>>

>> "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in
>> message news:uemUkK7LIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> Is this what you are looking for?
>>>
>>> For today:  =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>>
>>> Specified date:  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>>
>>> Rick
>>>

>>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
machocraig (45)
11/28/2007 5:15:37 PM
Type 11/26/07 in a cell, select the cell, press Ctrl and 1
then scroll down to custom and type in mmmm dd, yyyy in the type box on the
right hand side then press enter

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

>I am not that computer-literate.
>
> When I type in  "=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")" in a cell of 97Excel xls,
> it did convert into date.
> It shows the same "=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")" function in the cell.
> All templates from 97Excel did not work.
>
> But when I type it in 2003 Excel sheet, it automatically convert into
> November 28, 2007.
>
>> just type in the date as 11/26/07 and the do format>cells>number>custom
>> and use
>
> I could not quite follow your instruction.  I got stuck at "number".
>
> Jorge,
>

> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> It's no difference, the date functions haven't changed. What happened
>> when you tried it on excel 97?
>> Regardless you don't need the text function or the date function to get a
>> date to display as
>>
>> November 26, 2007
>>

>> mmmm dd, yyyy
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,

>>> The above format works perfect on 2003Excel (from 2003 Office Suite) but
>>> did not work on 97Excel file (from 97Office Suite).
>>> Although I am using 2003Excel, I still use some excel templates from 97
>>> Excel.
>>>
>>> I would very much appreciate it if you could post the date function for
>>> 97 Excel.
>>>
>>> Thank you.   Jorge
>>>

>>> "Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rickNOSPAMnews@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in
>>> message news:uemUkK7LIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

0
terre081 (3244)
11/28/2007 5:33:44 PM
>type in mmmm dd, yyyy in the type box on the right hand side then press
>enter

When I follow your instruciton, here is a problem.
There is no column or anything to TYPE IN.
I got to select one from the existing codes.
Closest one I could see from the drop down codes is m/d/yyy.
Is that what you meant?

> Type 11/26/07 in a cell, select the cell, press Ctrl and 1
> then scroll down to custom and type in mmmm dd, yyyy in the type box on
> the right hand side then press enter
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am not that computer-literate.
>>
>> When I type in  "=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")" in a cell of 97Excel
>> xls, it did convert into date.
>> It shows the same "=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")" function in the cell.
>> All templates from 97Excel did not work.
>>
>> But when I type it in 2003 Excel sheet, it automatically convert into
>> November 28, 2007.
>>
>>> just type in the date as 11/26/07 and the do format>cells>number>custom
>>> and use
>>
>> I could not quite follow your instruction.  I got stuck at "number".
>>
>> Jorge,
>>

>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> It's no difference, the date functions haven't changed. What happened
>>> when you tried it on excel 97?
>>> Regardless you don't need the text function or the date function to get
>>> a date to display as
>>>
>>> November 26, 2007
>>>

>>> mmmm dd, yyyy
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> Peo Sjoblom
>>>

>>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
machocraig (45)
11/28/2007 6:24:43 PM
No, you have to physically highlight whatever is in the right hand side just
below
Type:
before you can type in the format

If you just go to an empty new cell it will say General in the little box
below the word Type: Now select that word with your mouse and type in the
new format

In the left pane it says Category:, then beneath you can see all different
categories, the bottom one says Custom, select custom and you will get the
Type: box in the right pane

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

> >type in mmmm dd, yyyy in the type box on the right hand side then press
> >enter
>
> When I follow your instruciton, here is a problem.
> There is no column or anything to TYPE IN.
> I got to select one from the existing codes.
> Closest one I could see from the drop down codes is m/d/yyy.
> Is that what you meant?
> Jorge
>

> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Type 11/26/07 in a cell, select the cell, press Ctrl and 1
>> then scroll down to custom and type in mmmm dd, yyyy in the type box on
>> the right hand side then press enter
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I am not that computer-literate.
>>>
>>> When I type in  "=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")" in a cell of 97Excel
>>> xls, it did convert into date.
>>> It shows the same "=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")" function in the cell.
>>> All templates from 97Excel did not work.
>>>
>>> But when I type it in 2003 Excel sheet, it automatically convert into
>>> November 28, 2007.

>>> I could not quite follow your instruction.  I got stuck at "number".
>>>
>>> Jorge,
>>>

>>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
terre081 (3244)
11/28/2007 6:32:38 PM
Thanks Peo,

I have never done similar thing before.  Now, I am learning how.
Now, I typed in the type box ant then hit enter.

Then, how to use it?

> No, you have to physically highlight whatever is in the right hand side
> just below
> Type:
> before you can type in the format
>
> If you just go to an empty new cell it will say General in the little box
> below the word Type: Now select that word with your mouse and type in the
> new format
>

> In the left pane it says Category:, then beneath you can see all different
> categories, the bottom one says Custom, select custom and you will get the
> Type: box in the right pane
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >type in mmmm dd, yyyy in the type box on the right hand side then press
>> >enter
>>
>> When I follow your instruciton, here is a problem.
>> There is no column or anything to TYPE IN.
>> I got to select one from the existing codes.
>> Closest one I could see from the drop down codes is m/d/yyy.
>> Is that what you meant?
>> Jorge
>>

>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Type 11/26/07 in a cell, select the cell, press Ctrl and 1
>>> then scroll down to custom and type in mmmm dd, yyyy in the type box on
>>> the right hand side then press enter
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> Peo Sjoblom
>>>

>>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
machocraig (45)
11/28/2007 7:18:47 PM
Put 11/26/07 in a cell where you have applied this formatting

mmmm dd, yyyy

and it will show as

November 26, 2007

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

> Thanks Peo,
>
> I have never done similar thing before.  Now, I am learning how.
> Now, I typed in the type box ant then hit enter.
>
> Then, how to use it?
>
> Jorge
>

> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> No, you have to physically highlight whatever is in the right hand side
>> just below
>> Type:
>> before you can type in the format
>>
>> If you just go to an empty new cell it will say General in the little box
>> below the word Type: Now select that word with your mouse and type in the
>> new format
>>

>> In the left pane it says Category:, then beneath you can see all
>> different categories, the bottom one says Custom, select custom and you
>> will get the Type: box in the right pane
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> When I follow your instruciton, here is a problem.
>>> There is no column or anything to TYPE IN.
>>> I got to select one from the existing codes.
>>> Closest one I could see from the drop down codes is m/d/yyy.
>>> Is that what you meant?
>>> Jorge
>>>

>>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
terre081 (3244)
11/28/2007 8:02:03 PM
Thank you.

I got it.

> Put 11/26/07 in a cell where you have applied this formatting
>
> mmmm dd, yyyy
>

> and it will show as
>
> November 26, 2007
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Peo,
>>
>> I have never done similar thing before.  Now, I am learning how.
>> Now, I typed in the type box ant then hit enter.
>>
>> Then, how to use it?
>>
>> Jorge
>>

>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> No, you have to physically highlight whatever is in the right hand side
>>> just below
>>> Type:
>>> before you can type in the format
>>>
>>> If you just go to an empty new cell it will say General in the little
>>> box below the word Type: Now select that word with your mouse and type
>>> in the new format
>>>

>>> In the left pane it says Category:, then beneath you can see all
>>> different categories, the bottom one says Custom, select custom and you
>>> will get the Type: box in the right pane
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> Peo Sjoblom
>>>

>>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
machocraig (45)
11/28/2007 8:50:22 PM
Rick,

Could you please come up with a similar function for 97Excel?
I am waiting.    Jorge

"JMB" <JMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Change the cell format
> Format/Cells/Custom
> mmmm d, yyyy
>

> "Jorge Cervantes" wrote:
>
>> You are correct though, but that is not what I asked for.
>> When I tried both functions, it shows 11/26/07.
>>
>> I need a date function for "November 26, 2007".
>>
>> Jorge
>>

>> "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> > =today()
>> >
>> > Or, on any other day:
>> >
>> > =DATE(2007,11,25)
>> >
>> > --
>> > Kind regards,
>> >
>> > Niek Otten
>> > Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> >
>> > "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
machocraig (45)
11/28/2007 10:09:37 PM
It's not a function and it works in Excel 97

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

> Rick,
>
> Could you please come up with a similar function for 97Excel?
> I am waiting.    Jorge
>

> "JMB" <JMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Change the cell format
>> Format/Cells/Custom
>> mmmm d, yyyy
>>

>> "Jorge Cervantes" wrote:
>>
>>> You are correct though, but that is not what I asked for.
>>> When I tried both functions, it shows 11/26/07.
>>>
>>> I need a date function for "November 26, 2007".
>>>
>>> Jorge
>>>

>>> "Niek Otten" <nicolaus@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

0
terre081 (3244)
11/28/2007 10:55:55 PM
Hi Peo,

Being as Jorge was replying to Rick and the only post from Rick that I can
see in this thread is:

Is this what you are looking for?

For today:  =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")

Specified date:  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")

Rick

I am wondering if my OE is missing posts again becuase that formula works in
XL97

--
Regards,

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com

> It's not a function and it works in Excel 97
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Rick,
>>
>> Could you please come up with a similar function for 97Excel?
>> I am waiting.    Jorge
>>

>> "JMB" <JMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Change the cell format
>>> Format/Cells/Custom
>>> mmmm d, yyyy

0
sandymann2 (1054)
11/28/2007 11:09:44 PM
While he might be replying back to Rick he quotes JMB so he might have
thought that JMB was Rich? Nevertheless there is no need for any functions
and also if he wants to use the TEXT function

=TEXT("11/26,07","mmmm dd, yyyy")

will suffice.

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Hi Peo,
>
> Being as Jorge was replying to Rick and the only post from Rick that I can
> see in this thread is:

> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> For today:  =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>
> Specified date:  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>
> Rick
>
> I am wondering if my OE is missing posts again becuase that formula works
> in XL97
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Sandy
> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
> and the crowning place of kings
>
> sandymann2@mailinator.com
> Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>

> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> It's not a function and it works in Excel 97
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Rick,
>>>
>>> Could you please come up with a similar function for 97Excel?
>>> I am waiting.    Jorge
>>>

>>> "JMB" <JMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
terre081 (3244)
11/28/2007 11:46:28 PM
OK.
Now I realized that there was a confusion somewhere.
Since my wife computer is installed with 97office suite, I checked how those
functions work on 97Excel.

With native 97Excel or 2003Excel files,  "=TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd,
yyyy")" function worked just fine.
No problem.

But the above function did not work on any of  97Excel files  which are
opened under 2003Excel.

(Note: my computer is installed with 2003 Office Suite.   But I use 97Excel
templates under 2003 Excel.).

I hope that this clarifies what was the problem.

> While he might be replying back to Rick he quotes JMB so he might have
> thought that JMB was Rich? Nevertheless there is no need for any functions
> and also if he wants to use the TEXT function
>
> =TEXT("11/26,07","mmmm dd, yyyy")
>

> will suffice.
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Peo,
>>
>> Being as Jorge was replying to Rick and the only post from Rick that I
>> can see in this thread is:

>> Is this what you are looking for?
>>
>> For today:  =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>
>> Specified date:  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>
>> Rick
>>
>> I am wondering if my OE is missing posts again becuase that formula works
>> in XL97
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sandy
>> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>> and the crowning place of kings
>>
>> sandymann2@mailinator.com
>> Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>>

>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> It's not a function and it works in Excel 97
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> Peo Sjoblom
>>>

>>> "Jorge Cervantes" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
machocraig (45)
11/29/2007 1:03:01 AM
What do you mean by "the above function did not work"?

What error message did you get?  If not an error message, what value did the
formula  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy") return?  If the cell merely
displayed the formula, rather than the result, make sure that you haven't
got the cell formatted as text;  if it is, then format as General, and
either re-insert the formula, or hit F2 to get into formula edit mode and
hit Enter.
--
David Biddulph

> OK.
> Now I realized that there was a confusion somewhere.
> Since my wife computer is installed with 97office suite, I checked how
> those functions work on 97Excel.
>
> With native 97Excel or 2003Excel files,  "=TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd,
> yyyy")" function worked just fine.
> No problem.
>
> But the above function did not work on any of  97Excel files  which are
> opened under 2003Excel.
>
> (Note: my computer is installed with 2003 Office Suite.   But I use
> 97Excel templates under 2003 Excel.).
>
> I hope that this clarifies what was the problem.
>
> Jorge
>

> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> While he might be replying back to Rick he quotes JMB so he might have
>> thought that JMB was Rich? Nevertheless there is no need for any
>> functions and also if he wants to use the TEXT function
>>
>> =TEXT("11/26,07","mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>

>> will suffice.
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "Sandy Mann" <sandymann2@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Peo,
>>>
>>> Being as Jorge was replying to Rick and the only post from Rick that I
>>> can see in this thread is:
>>>
>>> *****************************************
>>> Is this what you are looking for?
>>>
>>> For today:  =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>>
>>> Specified date:  =TEXT(DATE(2007,11,25),"mmmm dd, yyyy")
>>>
>>> Rick
>>> *********************************************
>>>
>>> I am wondering if my OE is missing posts again becuase that formula
>>> works in XL97
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Sandy
>>> In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland
>>> and the crowning place of kings
>>>
>>> sandymann2@mailinator.com
>>> Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk
>>>

>>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
David

Exporting Data to Excel-Date Format Changed
When exporting large amounts of information into Excel (Office 2000) some of the date formats are changed but not all.Most are kept as DDMMYY but some are turned around like US format into MMDDYY.Before exporting it will read 11/4/05 but after exporting into excel becomes 4/11/05.As i say 80% of dates remain the same as from Citrix program they been exported from.Any ideas anyone? You may have serious problems, a volatile mixture of correct dates, wrong dates and text that look like dates but has no date value. So when you say that "most dates remain the same" -try changing dat...

Show ALL dates instead of only dates with data entries
Here's the scoop: I have a form that shows an employee schedule. --------- Date Day Address Key Charts 1/22/08 Tuesday 12345 (23) 23 1/25/08 Friday 34567 (40) 40 --------- What I would like to do is set up the form to show days that nothing is scheduled (7 day week) to express holes in their schedules. Currently I have 2 text boxes: Chart Min and Chart Max that allow me to express the individual employee's limits of chart recovery for maximum utilization. I set this to conditionally format the records if they are...

What is the release date for 9.0?
Mid-December "jeremy" wrote: > > > ...

PO Entry coming up with incorrect date
We have some users that on a few occassions when making PO Entry the Entry has come up with the incorrect date. For instance today is April 5 th but her PO date is coming up with something else. Any Idea why? I have already submitted an Support Request a while ago (Incident # 8142981) and received a few generic suggestions of things to try. So far I've only tried to copy the files from one working machine to another. I'm unable to delete and recreate the user because she's a buyer and we're using Purchase Order Enahancements. I'm unable to stop loading the customize...

Excel date column for working out time differences
I use Excel 2002 and I am trying to use an expression to calculate any entries older than 14 days and then send an email as a reminder. Date is in column1. I have the following code For j = 1 To lastcell If Cells(j, 13) <> "" And Cells(j, 14) = "" And Cells(j, 1).Value > (Now - 14) And Cells(j, 15) = "" Then Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object Dim cell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") OutApp.Session.Logon On Error GoTo cleanup ...

date formula - need result to show as date
b2 contains a date. c2 contains a number. If c2 is less than 6, then i want the previous date reflected. =IF(C2<6,B2-1,B2) Need to re-write this. (results aren't all reading as dates) Any suggestions? Simply format the formula cell as date with your choice of format. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:55:39 -0700 (PDT), "J.W. Aldridge" <jeremy.w.aldridge@gmail.com> wrote: >b2 contains a date. >c2 contains a number. > >If c2 is less than 6, then i want the previous date reflected. > >=IF(C2<6,B2-1,B2) &...

Date Major issue
If we have one data base for everything how do users enter the dates? In Americas they use mm/dd/yy in the rest of the World dd/mm/yy. If the data is in the data base and I want to enter a parameter into a query of 12/2/06 what date does the data base give me? Feb 12, 2006 or Dec 2, 2006. I think it depends on the date format specified in Organization Settings. That should reflect across the system. HTH, Niths "Efrat" wrote: > If we have one data base for everything how do users enter the dates? > In Americas they use mm/dd/yy in the rest of the World dd/mm/yy. >...

Date prob in excel 2000
I have a workbook with a far amount of data in it that is quite old ie. 6 yrs. Tow problems 1. One of the office girls decided to clean her keyboard while the file was open and now two columns of dates are shown as their serial number. I have tried formatting the cell to general and back to date with no luck. the date shows correctly in the formula bar but incorrectly i.e.. as its serial in the cell. most annoying. How do I get the correct view back in the cell. 2. Is there some way of "cleaning the database" to tidy up any guff that might be in the file. All of our drafti...

Custom Date Format Excel 2002
Does Ecel 2002 suupirt custom date formats? I need to format a range of celss with the date format where date are displayed in this format "mmm-dd" where I enter "3/4" and "Mar- 4" or " "Mar-04" is displayed or I enter "4/15" and "Apr-15" is displayed in the cell. Can this be done in Excel? Thanks, Ed Yes, that would work.. Select the input range and use a custom format mmm-dd then enter the dates like you want -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Query using date and time in seperate fields
I am having problems generating a query to find records between a start date and time and a finish date and time. As the table I am querying stores the two valuse in seperate fields, using BETWEEN is not working. The table I am querying, called imt_log, stores the date and time in seperate fields. The fields are called imt_log.date and imt_log.time Example: Find records from 7-Jan-2008 08:00:00 to 14-Jan-2008 07:59:59 Do I need to create some Vb code or is it possible to do it with a nested query. Thanks in advance. If your fields are datetime datatype then use a calculated field like ...

Why aren't dates always available to group in pivot tables?
I download data that gives me sales number by individual day. I build a pivot table to get total sales by day and then group the process day by month or quarter. Sometimes this works perfectly, while other times I get the message 'Cannot group that selection'. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a limit to the number of rows or columns that can be grouped? You'll see that error message if the date field contains a blank cell, or text entry. There's a bit more information, and some workarounds, here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems JLM wr...

problem in acessing date
I am implementing a database.I am able to get string value and integer values.But i have no idea how to get date out of a database.I am using MS ACESS.Can you help ..Please.... Jeevan Use a CTime object. If you derive a class from CRecordset, the ClassWizard will do this for you. "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:ek9T3WucEHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am implementing a database.I am able to get string value and integer > values.But i have no idea how to get date out of a database.I am using MS > ACESS.Can you help ..Please.... > >...

What function would I use?
I am making a spreadsheet for my work. In this spreadsheet I enter data such as the name of a customer, additional products they may have purchased, and the price paid for the additional product. I have to list all customers on this sheet wether or not they bought any of the additional products. Then I have to do a second sheet only for those who bought the additional products. Is there someway to make the spread sheet go through itself and pick out those who bought the additional products and then transpose those onto the second sheet. Thank you in advance for any help that you ca...

Start Date on X Axis
I have a simple bar chart where I want the date in the form of mo/dy to start at 9/12 and go to 9/17 on the X axis. I have the form and increment correct but I can't get the start date correct I am trying to use the scale tab on format axis. What does Value (Y) axis crosses at mean also, between dates, maximum value and entered value? Thanks Is it a bar or a column chart? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Frank C" <FrankC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

date formula question
Does anyone know how to change the date format in excel to read (ie 20020429 instead of 04/29/2002..... Is there a formula or something I tried changing the date format and it doesn't have the format need.... Please hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click the cell you want to change, select the Format Cell dialo box , then the Number tab, then Custom, enter yyyymmdd then push OK. HT -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to change the date format in excel to read (ie) >20020429 ins...

How do i create a Function procedure that calls the Sub procedure
I have a working sub procedure, it is called: Sub SendMessage() I do not know to much about VB so details would be appreicated. I am trying to create a macro that kicks off this sub code (procedure) when the DB is opened from a Windows Scheduled Task. Thanks, Raymond Change the Sub into a Function. You can then use RunCode in your macro to fire it off. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Last Date
I need to be able to find the latest date of multiple record which belong to a parent record, but only if all the child records have an actual completion date. I have all my children records in a table linked to the parent record using a [Report Number]. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Create a Select query that, for each parent recordID, gives you a count of all children, a count of completion dates and the Max date of related children. Create a 2nd query that references the first query, selecting parent recordID, maxDate WHERE ChildCount = CompletedCount. -- HTH, George ...

if statement with dates
I would like to hae a statement like: IF(A1>0,1/1/2004) interpreting 1/1/2004 as a date. EXCEL is doing the arithmetic and giving me the result of the division. I could figure the numeric date and do something like: IF (A1>0,37987) but that seems rather awkward. What else can I do. TIA Sanford Hi =IF(A1>DATE(2004,1,1),.... -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sanford Lefkowitz" <Sanford Lefkowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AA55C47A-5BF1-45A5-A6FB-D12E818AE4A9@microsoft.com... > I would like to hae a statement like: > IF(...

Is it possible to hijack text box functionality for custom control
I am working on a custom control, an extension of Panel which draws a series of rectangles in a flow chart. Each rectangle has a title and the ideal approach would be to allow the user to edit the title by simply clicking it. Obviously I could hook up a rename dialog to a context menu which would be easy but it is a bit more tedious to the users so I am hoping I can accomplish this the ideal way. Textbox functionality does not look simple though so I'd hate to recreate it for my control. Yeah handling the keyboard events to show what the user types is not hard but I am no...

How can I count the number of months between 2 dates?
For instance, I am trying to compute how many months are left in leased equipment contracts. I have a spreadsheet with the ending dates for all the individual contracts. What I would like to be able to do is to calculate the number of months between now and the end of the contract. I appreciate any help. Thanks Tom One way: =DATEDIF(TODAY(), A1, "m") In article <DCBFA6A3-A4D6-4AAB-ABFE-5C4659CECED9@microsoft.com>, Tom Bradstreet <TomBradstreet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For instance, I am trying to compute how many months are left in leased &...

passing node set through document function to extension object
Code sample below demonstrates following: We have sample extension object with 2 methods TestMethod - takes XPathNodeIterator as a parameter TestMethod2 - takes string as a parameter also we have CustomXmlResolver, stylesheet takes <XML>SourceDoc</XML> as source XML document also sylesheet retreives <XML>CustomXmlResolverData</XML> XML document through the document function and CustomXmlResolver now we pass $externalDoc/XML node set to both, TestMothod and TestMethod2 I expect output like "CustomXmlResolverData_____CustomXmlResolverData" but it out...

Report on 3 Queries by Date
Hi I have 3 queries which I would like to join into one based on the servicedate/taskdate so that for any given date I can see the totals of each type of task we log for work. I would have joined these using a simple query however my issue is that not everyday I log an event in any one table (Each query based on only one table). Query1 ServiceDate CleanTimeTotal QATimeTotal ESTTimeTotal Query2 ServiceDate RepairTimeTotal Query3 TaskDate TaskTimeTotal Now I suspect I need to rename TaskDate to ServiceDate in Query3 above which I am okay to do but have no idea how to set up the...

Calculating age in years and months from Date of Birth
I think these formulas help me a lot, but I need the answer in years an months, not decimals or days! Can you help? To calculate the number of years from the date, enter the followin formula in cell B1: =YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A1) The result (rounded): 23 Years For a decimal solution, use the following formula =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"m")/12 The result: 23.25 Years To calculate the number of months from the date, enter the followin formula in cell D1: =DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"m") The result: 279 Month -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),...

How to auto-enter date when cell is clicked?
My spreadsheet is on a shared server, and has several columns of data entered by various people. These are columns D through L. In the far right column, I want them to just be able to click on the cell and that day's date appears. It needs to be static - not auto-update every time the file is opened. It's in Column L. The top cell is in Row 4. When they enter or change data on a row, the date they did it needs to appear in column L in that row. The point is to keep their data entry time to an ABSOLUTE minimum. I know they can select the cell and type control-;, but I'd like to e...

ISINTEGER function
Is there one? There should be... Is there a work around for it? Thanks, Jim Berglund What are you trying to accomplish? ISINTEGER doesn't exist that I am aware of, but there is INT, ROUND, TRUNC...there are a bunch out there depending upon what you are trying to do. KimCo "Jim Berglund" <jazzzbo@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:9ZI0i.173239$6m4.86750@pd7urf1no... > Is there one? > > There should be... > > Is there a work around for it? > > Thanks, > Jim Berglund > Jim Berglund wrote: > Is there one? > > There should be... ...