Formula Error

Dear Leo Heuser,

I have enter your formula =(A1>0)*(MOD(A1,10)=0) but why is it that when I
enter 10 or 20 in the cell, excel disallowed me? I need only to restraint
user from entering odd numbers in the cell, that means allow even numbers but
these even numbers must be in multiples of 5?

Thank you.
Ringo Tan
0
ringotan (14)

"ringo tan" <ringotan@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Dear Leo Heuser,
>
> I have enter your formula =(A1>0)*(MOD(A1,10)=0) but why is it that when I
> enter 10 or 20 in the cell, excel disallowed me? I need only to restraint
> user from entering odd numbers in the cell, that means allow even numbers
but
> these even numbers must be in multiples of 5?

Dear Ringo Tan

I can't replicate this behaviour. I can enter 10, 20, 30 etc.
as requested!?

You are welcome to attach a copy of the offending workbook
to a personal mail (remove NOSPAM from my e-mail address),
and I'll take a look at it.

Please remain in the same thread. It was quite by chance,
that I saw your posting!

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

Dear Leo Heuser,

Thanks for your kind assistance:)
Anyway whats your personal email address?

Ringo Tan

"Leo Heuser" wrote:

> "ringo tan" <ringotan@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Dear Leo Heuser,
> >
> > I have enter your formula =(A1>0)*(MOD(A1,10)=0) but why is it that when I
> > enter 10 or 20 in the cell, excel disallowed me? I need only to restraint
> > user from entering odd numbers in the cell, that means allow even numbers
> but
> > these even numbers must be in multiples of 5?
> >
> Dear Ringo Tan
>
> I can't replicate this behaviour. I can enter 10, 20, 30 etc.
> as requested!?
>
> You are welcome to attach a copy of the offending workbook
> to a personal mail (remove NOSPAM from my e-mail address),
> and I'll take a look at it.
>
> Please remain in the same thread. It was quite by chance,
> that I saw your posting!
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Leo Heuser
>
> Followup to newsgroup only please.

0
ringotan (14)
8/6/2004 8:43:03 AM
leo.heuser then @ then adslhome.dk

Can't you get it from your newsreader?

LeoH

> Dear Leo Heuser,
>
> Thanks for your kind assistance:)
> Anyway whats your personal email address?
>

> Ringo Tan

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

need help with formula #10
I'd appreciate help with a formula I need a formula to calculate the following 4.5% of any amount up to and equal to $41,100.00 PLUS 6.00% on an amount above $41,100. ie $20,000 would be (20,000 x .045) $900.00 ie $50,000 would be [(41,100 x .05) + (8,900 x .060)] $2,383.50 Thanks Pete -- pgruenin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2601 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47876 I used =IF(A1>41100,(A1-41100)*6%+(41100*4.5%...

VLookup in VBA giving error message

Exchange Connector Wizard error

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Metadata Cache Error 04-14-04
When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the: "Metadata Cache Error" No Entity Anyone experience/solve this issue? Hi, You may have replication setup issue on your SQL server, I suggest you to go through this article : http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=33588&code=7842 If this is OK, you may test the following manipulation : Open SQL Enterprise Manager; go to Start select All Programs and then Microsoft SQL Server. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server Group, expand your Microsoft CR...

js error in ie8
Hi, i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another url and the js classes are reinitialized. when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property access". When debug the code, i found that the class is properly initialized and able to access the member variables of the class. i am getting problem only ...

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

Sql Agent Error
After installing CRM we are receiving the following error. "An error occurred when attempting to set the SQLSERVERAGENT service to AutoStart: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.SetServiceToAutoStart(String serviceName, String machineName) at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServiceRunningValidator.AutoStartLocalService(String serviceName, TimeSpan waitTimeForStart) We have CRM on a SBS 2003 machine and SQL EE 2000 on a W2K3 machine. Both are DCs the SBS holds all FS...

Interesting Solver problem (Solver encounters an error)
Here's an interesting problem, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts o this. Recognize that my real problem is very complex (severa intermediate calculation including some iterative steps), but th problem I'm having seems similar (conceptually anyway) to this simpl problem. Given a data set: x,y 10,3.9 8,3.2 7,2.8 6,2.2 5,1.4 4.5,0.8 4,0.01 3.8,-0.4 3.6,-1 3.5,-1.4 3.4,-1.8 3.3,-2.4 3.2,-3.2 3.1,-4.6 3.05,-6 One could look at the data and say, "that looks like the curve y=ln(x) but with a different asymptote other than the y-axis and possibly scaling factor." So we choos...

Excel formula #24
What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of 0 0 #DIV/0! Try =if(iserror(formula),0,formula) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8392DE7F-0B65-4DEE-87F4-985133BB1976@microsoft.com... > What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of > 0 0 #DIV/0! > ...

IM error ADO field is nothing
I am trying to do an import for manual payroll checks. I have used the same set up as is used in the sample but I recieve the above error. It also says 0 integrations failed. I can't find anything in knowledgebase. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Open IM, select your integration, double-click on Mappings. Click on the Transactions collection, then click on the Options tab. You will want to make sure the Record Source option rule is set to Use Source Recordset and that the Source is set to your source query. If the above is defined properly, then you will want to make sure you a...

trial & error
How do I calculate the z factor automatically by trial & error EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com You keep asking about the z factor. What's the z factor? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ <khalid khalid> wrote in message news:200782610734gawarh@hotmail.com... > How do I calculate the z factor automatically by trial & error > > EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice > http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

A student figuring a formula for wages
Hello, I am beginner student trying to figure out a formula that calculates how to pay people for the number of hours they work, and at the same time figure out any overtime they may have. The wage is in cell B4, and the # of hours is in cell C4. Overtime is figured at 1.5 of the wage in B4. I must put the end result in F4. The instructor rushed through his presentation, and said to use the "if function". The assignment is due on tuesday and any help with this is greatly appreciated. -Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted fro...

Outlook reports OLE registration error
I have Office 2000 running in Windows Me on a Dell Dimension XPS D266 with 64 meg ram. Outlook stopped working so I ran Repair from Office 2000 CD and then Re- install Office from same source. Both times Outlook says" An OLE registration error occured. Program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again." Doesn't seem to be much sense in running it again. What now? Reinstall Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal acco...

Cdn Payroll July 1 errors
Since the tax update was installed for July 1 for Canadian Payroll, our Detail Range Reports do not have the proper data. I noticed that CPY30260 has not been updated!!! this is not good. I contacted our vendor to see if this is a known issue. There is a round2 tax update that does not affect our province so I have not installed it. I was waiting for round3 which has not been released yet. Is anyone else aware of this? We have not seen any errors during Update Masters. Our YTD amounts and T4 amounts appear to be correct. thanks. never mind "barbola" wrote: > Since the...

I Need an answer for this Formula
I am using excell 2007 & this formula works {=IFERROR(AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5))),0)} When i upload this workbook to a 2003 version this formula does not work I get {=_xinfl.IFERROR(AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5))),0)} or somthing close to this Then in the cell with this formula has a NAME error WHY & HOW could i fix The IFERROR function can only be used in Excel 2007. Try this array formula** : =LOOKUP(1E100,CHOOSE({1,2},0,AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5)))...