formatting numbers in excel 2003

In Excel 2000 I could set my format to number, 2 decimals,
place comma, and fixed decimals would be checked in the
tools, options.

When I enter 329 and press enter I would get 3.29 in cell
When I enter 329. and press enter I would get 329.00 in
cell.

I cannot make this work in 2003 If I have it set as
describted above I get 3.29 in either case.  Please tell
me what to do.  20 years of entering this way will not
change overnight if I cannot find the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

tammie

This appears to be an inadvertant change in XL2003.

See this thread from a google search.

http://snipurl.com/6i4k

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:18:42 -0700, "tammie"

>In Excel 2000 I could set my format to number, 2 decimals,
>place comma, and fixed decimals would be checked in the
>tools, options.
>
>When I enter 329 and press enter I would get 3.29 in cell
>When I enter 329. and press enter I would get 329.00 in
>cell.
>
>I cannot make this work in 2003 If I have it set as
>describted above I get 3.29 in either case.  Please tell
>me what to do.  20 years of entering this way will not
>change overnight if I cannot find the problem.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.

0
Gord

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

conditional formatting sort

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

learning Excel #3

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

number format with leading 0

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary