formatting numbers in cells

Hi. I tried to format a group of horizontal cells by
going to format celss, then entering the following:
number, 2 decimal places, $ sign and then (2,184.10). I
clicked on okay. What I ended up with was the correct
formatting in the last cell, and the rest of them have
#### in the cells. Can someone tell me why this happened
and how to correct it? Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

one reason for #### is that the cell isn't wide enough for the format
specified. Try widening the columns.

In article <2ee201c40087$e561bfb0$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Mary Jo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi. I tried to format a group of horizontal cells by
> going to format celss, then entering the following:
> number, 2 decimal places, $ sign and then (2,184.10). I
> clicked on okay. What I ended up with was the correct
> formatting in the last cell, and the rest of them have
> #### in the cells. Can someone tell me why this happened
> and how to correct it? Thanks!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/2/2004 7:01:28 PM
Expand the column width for each of the cells that have the ##### in them

"Mary Jo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Hi. I tried to format a group of horizontal cells by
: going to format celss, then entering the following:
: number, 2 decimal places, $ sign and then (2,184.10). I
: clicked on okay. What I ended up with was the correct
: formatting in the last cell, and the rest of them have
: #### in the cells. Can someone tell me why this happened
: and how to correct it? Thanks!

0
nospam202 (664)
3/2/2004 7:02:06 PM
Do you try :

format > cell > number > currency > decimal place = 2 > symbol = $

it can directly add currency side before number.

HTH

norik

Prevent clicking on a cell

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

if cell is text move left one column

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Format for credit card numbers

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

Automatic changes in cells

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

difficult format
I want to format a code like this: ##.0001.## so then i push it down and gives me 0002 and so on, the other ## r numbers. The problem is that when i do that, it sums in the last two numbers instead of what i want, so i ask if it is possible to format like this: (text)##.(number)0001.(text)## so it guives me the sum of number then do what i want. if it is possible how ca i do that? Thanks You can try this, starting in row 1: ="##."&TEXT(ROW(),"0000")&".##" You'll have to adjust the "Row()" number when starting in any other row. For example,...

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...