Formatting in Excel 2007 #2

I just got Excel 2007.  I'm exporting from an SSRS report to Excel.
One of the fields being exported is an identifying number.  It is
coming accross as 2.00309e+006.  I can't get it to look like a regular
number. I've tried formatting it as a number with no decimal places.
I've tried the same with Currency and Accounting. I've tried Text as
well.  Please help.

Thanks,
Jennifer

When Excel se something like 123E5 it reads this as 123x10^5
So your identify 'number' is being read as a number not a text
Any chance of changing the SSRS file so that field looks like text to Excel
(a letter as leading character, for example)?
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jennifer" <j.evans.1970@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I just got Excel 2007.  I'm exporting from an SSRS report to Excel.
> One of the fields being exported is an identifying number.  It is
> coming accross as 2.00309e+006.  I can't get it to look like a regular
> number. I've tried formatting it as a number with no decimal places.
> I've tried the same with Currency and Accounting. I've tried Text as
> well.  Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer

0
bliengme (657)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

conditional formatting sort

More Columns #2