formatting #2

I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to
all caps.  I have tried using the UPPER function but it
will only work in one cell.  How to I get the entire
worksheet to become all caps?  Help!
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
see
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jackie wrote:
> I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to
> all caps.  I have tried using the UPPER function but it
> will only work in one cell.  How to I get the entire
> worksheet to become all caps?  Help!
0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/5/2004 4:08:32 PM
Hi Jackie
If you have trouble using macros you can do this manually with the UPPER function

1) Over on the unused protion of the sheet enter the formula =UPPER(A1

2) Copy this to the right and down as far as necesary.  Using Edit>Fill>... might be quicker if you are doing this to a large sheet

3) Select all of the calculated celss and Edit>Cop

4) Select cell A1 and Edit>Paste_Special>Values.  This will paste the upper case values over the original value

5) Delete the formulas

Good Luck
Mark Graesse
mark_graesser@yahoo.co
Boston M

     ----- Jackie wrote: ----

     I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to
     all caps.  I have tried using the UPPER function but it
     will only work in one cell.  How to I get the entire
     worksheet to become all caps?  Help

0
anonymous (74722)

Unable to access contacts #2
When I try to write an email in outlook and press the "To" button it says "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help." But, if I go to the contacts from the main outlook screen my contacts come up fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Brian Mullins Next time, post your version. We will assume Outlook 2002 or ...

Format only cells containing certain word
Today I was trying to do something - I had a range which contained some cells containing the text string 'Manufacturer:' (my inverted commas) and wanted to format only those cells. Now, I couldn't autofilter, advanced filter or sort because of the sheet structure, and amending it would have taken as long as manually formatting the relevant cells. So I was thinking of how to do it. I was thinking of a conditional format of any cells containing the string. But non-numerical (or non-formula) conditions don't appear to be possible. Could anyone tell me if and how it is po...

Significant figures #2
HELP Once again I am driving myself insane. We need to format cells in our worksheet to show significant figures. We need to post lab results using the correct number of significan figures. Ex. 0.1 must be displayed as 0.100 10 needs to be displayed as 10.0 105 as 105 1023 as 1020 10343 as 10300 165435 as 165000 I have written a complicated if then else statement for every cell. The statment works perfectly EXCEPT when a number is an exact number. The problem is that when some of the trailing digits are 0's they ge truncated. We always want numbers less than 1 to show 3 decimal ...

Conditional Formating based on other cell values??
Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. Is there any way to do that. Please let me know either way. Thanks, Dan There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html With your example, select cell C1, and in the conditional formatting dialog box, use the formula: =$A1=10 Dan B wrote: > Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of > another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. --...

Master Posting
I am new to GP - I have entered about 10 transactions in the Sales Transaction Entry, and posted each one of them. After entering/posting, I realized I had made a couple of mistakes. Somehow - in looking for the solution to how to correct the mistakes, the 'Master Posting' was deleted. So, I have receivables showing the enteries I made, but I can not post to them all the other accounts that need to be posted to by using the 'Master Posting' function. Is there some way to delete the posted transactions, or alternatively, 'manually' do the master posting on the...

addition with a maximum value #2
Nevermind. Figured it out! =IF(SUM(D10+E10)>20,20,(SUM(D10+E10)+F10) -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31496 ...

ActiveSync and Outlook 2003 #2
Is anyone having problems syncing contacts and calander to Outlook 2003? I'm running ActiveSync 3.7.1 and keep getting the following error: The following contact cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80040107. The item will be skipped This is an invalid entry ID; have you tried deleting the contact and recreating it? "Nathan Guidry" <nguidry@jjma.com> wrote in message news:eSZ$6EuqEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is anyone having problems syncing contacts and calander to Outlook 2003? > I'm running ActiveSync 3.7.1 and keep getting the follo...

Emailing Reports in PDF format
I am using Stephen Lebans A2000SnapshotToPDFver751 to email reports as PDF files. The module works fine if the report page size is set to letter but on the reports where page size is set to legal the bottom part of the page past the letter size does not have the lines that should be printing. I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this problem. Thanks, -- Bob G ...

conditional formatting dates #3
I maintain a "DEMO" spreadsheet that has a return date for the product of mm/dd/yyyy. I would like to have that highlighted 7 days before the product is due back. Any help with a formula would be greatly appreciated!! Also, is there an ability to format so it also emails me a notice? Thanks, Phil Hamm Hi Phil- One Option, there are others- In Format>Conditional Formatting: Cell Value is Less than or equal to =NOW()-7 Set your cell format specs to how you want the date to display. HTH |:>) "Phil" wrote: > I maintain a "DEMO" sp...

Calculation Order problem. #2
Bump... sry about the bump, but i'm desperate for a solution to this. -- ICE9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ICE9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=265139 ...

Date formatting won't work
I would like to enter dates in a field using dd/mm/yy, however I want it to display the DAY also ie: ddd dd/mm/yy. I have tried to format the cell in custom formatting however it displays exactly what I have typed, even though the formatting indicates it should read the way I want it to. I have just purchased this copy of Office 2003. Any ideas would be appreciated. It is probably because you are entering a date like 31/12/2005 and excel is trying to read it as mm/dd/yyyy and since there is no month = 31 it converts the whole thing into text string. Always enter as say 31 dec 2004, and w...

Need 2 rows to display X axis data points for a line graph
X axis is 100 data points, and all must be displayed. They do display, but are all mushed up. In Corel, you have the option to display the X axis on up to 3 rows, with interspersed tick marks. In Excel, I seem to be able only to manipulate the number of categories between tick marks and tick mark labels, but can't stagger data onto multiple rows. Any ideas or add-ins I could try? Excel 2002. Thanks, Susan This web page gives a suggestion for staggering your labels: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Staggered.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technic...

I have 2 Access DB with linked tables
In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and tblHardwareRequest. I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another dept. for further action. My Need: I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2 is ProDate (i.e projected dated). Sorry for the long explaination. Any assistance will be highly appreciated! With regards, Sokan33 wrote: > In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblIm...

Macro to update Chart #2
I'm trying to create a macro that will update a dashboard of charts by pushing a button. The data resides in the same excel file but different page and the dashboard contains approx 7 charts. The charts are updated quarterly and rather than having to go into each one and shift the source data I would like to automate it....any ideas? I'm a novice to macros! -- lajohn63 Why use a macro? Make dynamic charts: Dynamic Charts - http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dynamic-charts/ Dynamic and Interactive Charts (overview) - http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ...

Reciept Format
Hi, I am new to POS and would like to know how to remove the lookup field from a printed reciept. The second issue ia I have a T88II epson printer and a generic cash drawer. I prefer to use the windows driver for the printer but when i do so, i lose the connection to the cash drawer. I usually configure the cash drawer and the printer through the epson opos software. The till i have have is a PC based wincore nixdorf Any help would be appreciated smenit, Click here http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu and download the 40 Column Similar to QuickSell 2000 Receipt and use it You must have acces...

IS not backing up with ntbackup #2
Running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 I scheduled a nightly backup of MIS at 3:00 am , it is running under the Domain Administrator account. When I do this manually it works fine but none of the scheduled ones work. The Scheduled Tasks veiwer says Cannot start error 0x0. Any ideas ? there is nothing in the event veiwer under any logs at the scheduled time either. I have another one scheduled for User Docs at 1 am which works fine and ends at 2:00 am. ...

formatting numbers in excel 2003
In Excel 2000 I could set my format to number, 2 decimals, place comma, and fixed decimals would be checked in the tools, options. When I enter 329 and press enter I would get 3.29 in cell When I enter 329. and press enter I would get 329.00 in cell. I cannot make this work in 2003 If I have it set as describted above I get 3.29 in either case. Please tell me what to do. 20 years of entering this way will not change overnight if I cannot find the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. tammie This appears to be an inadvertant change in XL2003. See this thread from a google sear...

How do YOU organize the Excel projects? #2
I am not a pro in the programming, but I wrote several macros/programs doing various stuff over the years. Some of the rutines I use for future reference. All of them are in the Module1, Module2.....Module35. If I want to find some of the projects I have to go through 30 modules to find the right one. How do pros take care of it? Thanks. You may assign names to your modules. In the VB Editor, select the module and choose View>Properties>select the name that says Module1 and change it as desired. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "art" <a...

Conditional formating, values.
Hi All, I've been fighting an unfair battle against Excel these past few weeks when it comes to conditional formating. It's my personal budget it's all about. Months are horizontally, expenses vertically. A Total-row displayes the current balance, where a positive balance is written in white, and a negative balance in yellow. I've done this using conditional formating, but I'd like my worksheet to turn the yellow numbers to red, when my creditlimit is used up. I hope someone here can help me construct the rule for to take effect - I simply can't get the numbers to tu...

W-2 Forms
My accounting head tells me she read "somewhere" that we won't be able to print W-2s for 2007 on GP 9. We will have to upgrade our hardware for 10 and I am not quite ready for that. Can anyone set me straight on this? Thanks!!! Haven't heard ANYTHING of the sort. Now, Microsoft is no longer supporting (after August that is) version 8 and any W2 changes could be problems there. But V9 is not expected to be a problem. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at h...

FAO: Mike K #2
Mike, Are you having problems accessing the Serif server, or is it just me? I've been receiving a "502 connection refused" message for the past couple of days. Thought it was just OE but it's not, as it happens with Tbird as well... Sarah Sarah, in an email with Mike and Patrick (Serif), hey said it was a weather related issue. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message news:BrW...

Conditional Formatting #2
Is there an easy way to format the color of a bar based on it's value? Or is it only through macros that this can be achieved? Thanks. Hi, Conditional charts can be created by using multiple series. See here for more information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy dochoa wrote: > Is there an easy way to format the color of a bar based on it's value? Or is > it only through macros that this can be achieved? > > Thanks. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks a lot...it works great! "Andy Pope&q...

viewing contacts crashes outlook 2000 #2
From: "Shane Lieberg" <cool1two@hotmail.com> Subject: viewing contacts crashes outlook 2000 Date: Monday, December 08, 2003 10:59 AM problem, when viewing contacts (pst with outlook address book service) using the address book viewer "hit the address book on tool bar", and scroll though the contacts. i will crash at some random point. if you view the same contact list in folder view. "left side of screen under contacts", you can view all of the contacts and the info without issue. ...

Cell Formats #2
I know how to reference the value of a cell but is there a way o reference a cells format? Provide more details about what you wany to achieve, please. There are ways to ascertain the formatting of a cell but generally would require VBA Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:21:02 -0600, "Jeff Klein" <jklein@nospam> wrote: >I know how to reference the value of a cell but is there a way o reference a >cells format? > On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:21:02 -0600, "Jeff Klein" <jklein@nospam> wrote: >I know how to reference the value of a...

Exchange2003 #2
Hello all My company is running SBS2003. We lost delivery of email a few days ago. We download POP3 mail to exchange. The mail sits in a queue till it ndr's. The queue is "messages awaiting directory lookup". What are my otions to resolve this? I tried to restart the SMTP server but that didn't help. Can I delete the default SMTP virtual server and build another? Any help would be appreciated. Lanny ...