format cell to allow listing

How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it
goes to the next cell below- is there any other way
besides 'wrap text' and putting in spaces?
0
anonymous (74722)

To create a manual line break, use:
<Alt> <Enter>.
--

HTH,

RD

"cy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it
goes to the next cell below- is there any other way
besides 'wrap text' and putting in spaces?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email
I am trying to send a message through Outlook with a vb.net program. I receive a message saying that I can allow or deny this message. After a few of these messages, I started getting a different message that gave me a choice to ALWAYS allow messages to be sent from this program. I don't know what triggered the appearance of this send message. My problem is that I need to install my application on my user machines, does anyone know how to disable this allow or deny message OR trigger the send message which allows me select always allow? Thanks, What version of Out...

transfer inbox in table format to word
In my older version I could cut and paste the table format in Outlook to a word file. Now I don't seem to be able to do it although I can print the file in that format within Outlook. When I export the inbox to word I get the whole text not just the headings. Is it possible to transfer the table format to a word file? ...

Wrapping text in a cell
In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz: Case One Case Two How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point? Thanks! If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each string to indicate where you want a line break to occur. Case One<Alt-Enter>Case Two Alt + Enter -- Lilliabeth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27741 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476428 If you...

SMTP address list
Does anyone know of a way to obtain a list of all SMTP email addresses accepted by a server and the corresponding user account in Exchange 2003? Thanks Brad Palmer You can use LDIFDE to dump Active Directory attributes to a text file. The email addresses are held in the 'proxyAddresses' attribute, so: ldifde -f dump.ldf -l proxyaddresses This will give you a file called dump.ldf containing your addresses. You can add other Active Directory attributes to the export file as you see fit. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexc...

Locking Formulas to Cells
I don't know if I am using the correct terminology but this is what want to do: I have placed formulas in multiple columns that calculat my sales numbers for a bid. The problem I am running into is that change the bids for every person and when I clear a cell is clears th formula from it as well. Is there a way for me to clear cells withou deleting the formula I have placed inside it? I know that I can jus grab the first cell in the column and drag it down to re-load th formula in that column but I don't want to have to do that. I want th formulas permenant and the data I enter...

Modification is not allowed becuse selection is locked.
Microsoft Word won't let me type anything because it says that modification is not allowed becuse selection is locked. What can I do about it? On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:56:01 -0700, OrangeCake <OrangeCake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft Word won't let me type anything because it says that modification >is not allowed becuse selection is locked. What can I do about it? If you have a trial version of Office (typically pre-installed on a new computer), it has expired and you'll have to buy a retail copy. Or, if you already have a licensed copy, ma...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

how can I drag formulas with other cell references
example cell A1 contains formula "=stdev(a2:a7) cell a2 contains formula "=stdev(a8:a13) Is it possible to drag the formula down so that cell a3 contains "=stdev(a14:19) and cell a4 contains "=stdev(a20:a25) and so on for cells a5, a6, a7 etc. etc. Hi Bram, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#snkAddr B1: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) B2: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) It was easier to test and verify using SUM instead of stdev, but the formula is same NOTE the formulas are in a different colu...

Cell Selection?
I have a colum of numbers 198 0 0 198 2 What I need, is to be able to select 3. the 198's are not going to be used in the next part of my equation. That seems simple enough, however all the numbers could be usable (not 198) and I need to use just the first three. Any ideas? One interp / way, using non-array formulas Assuming source numbers in A1 down Put In B1: =IF(COUNT($C$1:C1)>3,"",C1) In C1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1))),"", INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0))) In D1: =IF(A1="","",IF(A1=198,"",ROW())) Select B1:D...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

if cell in other worksheet meets criteria, then leave blank.
I have data in worksheet A for each month, for each entity. Then I have a summary page which shows just the averages for each entity for each month. Then I need to create a master summary page which shows just the annual average for each entity, just one line per entity. My Summary page shows Jan-Dec in column A. I have a formula averaging the numbers from worksheet A. Jan-Mar is done. But the rest of the year hasn't happened yet, so April's formula results "#DIV/0!". I have already put in all the formulas for the year to be done with it. But I don'...

Adding Members- Dist. Lists
Not sure if I should be posting this here or in the SBS group. Does anyone know if there is a way to assign a permission to a user in our office to be able to update membership lists for distribution groups while she is in Outlook? Currently, when she clicks the "To:" button in a new email, right-clicks the distribution group, selects properties, goes to "modify members", it lets her select the new member but then when she clicks ok she will get an error mssg saying she doesn't have permission to do this. thx! on the security tab of the DL, does she have the &qu...

Output the list of frequent data
Dear all, Here comes two problems. Problem 1: I have a list of strings (say, in the column A1:A100). How can I find the "mode" (i.e. the string appearing most frequently in the list? For example, if the list is APPLE APPLE BANANA APPLE CREAM CREAM BANANA CREAM APPLE DONUT then I want the result is APPLE. It seems that the MODE function does not suppot data type other than numbers. Is there any canned UDF for it? Problem 2: Following Problem 1, I want to generate a list of the 3 most frequent data in the list. If the list is the one in the example, I want to list to be...

Export Format not avaiable
"The Format in which you are attempting to output the currentobject is not available." I hate access sometimes. It just get's weird, throwing bogus error messages all over the place. I have about 30 seperate queries that I run out to spreadsheets via macro. I have already found out that things can get all screwed up, (meaning it bombs) when those spreadsheets already exist, so the first thing I do is delete the existing spreadsheets, then let them rip. I run into this every once in a while: 20 or so queries into my macro, a query will fail with the above er...

Update table with Multi-select list box
I have a database with a tab control that has several pages in it (my boss loves tabs for navigation). Each page has a list box based on a category of training events that members of my office attend and the box is based on a query that selects the training events for the tab page's respective category. I select an item from the list, click a button, and go to a form with a text box showing the name of the training event I previously selected. On that form, I want to select mutiple names of office members from a list box (already created and source is the Office Roster table) and then c...

Fill cells with interpolated values
Hi What is the easiest way to fill cells with linear interpolated values ? e.g. i have value 5 in cell A1, and value 15 in cell A6. Cells A2 ... A5 should now be filles with 7, 9, 11, 13. of course, it's not a big deal to write a formula for interpolation, but maybe there is more simple way, (just by some mouse clicks....?) Biff Select the range A1:A6 with your start and stop value in their respective cells, and then do Edit / Fill / Series / Trend / Linear -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/...

Changing of range (Address) to (Cell)
Hi people I have encounter a problem with the use of range From a recorded macro, it's listed this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2,A24:M28"), PlotBy:=xlRow And I edit it to this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2," & Cells(StartX, StartY), Cells(LastX, LastY)), PlotBy:=xlRow And obviously VBA compiler won't let me go this easily, it happen to give an "evil-comment" on my source range, May i know how can i solve this Thank You Hi Kaiyang, Try this, assuming the...

xy scatter format
Hi Hope someone can help. I have a chart i want to make look a little more professional. The chart plots three points within two boxes. the points should be inside the box box 1 has the following coordinates x y 15 70000 15 115000 21.5 155800 30 155800 30 115000 25 70000 15 70000 the chart scale is x 14-32 & y 60000-160000 I would like to make the plot area outside the box black to indicate the no go area. Is this possible? Then to take it further there should be a further smaller box (coordinates unimportant) inside the 1st box to indicate a warning. I would like the plot area ...

image list
hi, i want to list images using a list box. can i use CImageList for .gif images? anu ...

Extracting the month that a date refers to in another cell
In cell A1 I have the date 3/15/2003 (no formatting). In cell B1 I have the formula =year(A1). The year shows correctly as 2003. In cell C1 I have the formula =text(weekday(A1),"ddd"). The text shows as "Sat" which is correct. In cell D1 I have the formula =month(A1) which correctly shows '3'. I attempted to use =text(month(A1),"mmm") in cell D1, but it shows as "Jan". Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? TIA, Alan =TEXT(A1,"mmm") for 3-letter month name and =TEXT(A1,"ddd") for 3-letter day name. where A1 houses a...

How to add a drop down menu to a cell
How to add a drop down menu to a cell? hi, you don't add it to a cell. It's a control in the toolbox and it sits on top of the sheet. Tools>customize>toolbar tab>select control toolbox. it's called a combo box. click it and drag it to the sheet. for more help on combo boxes, type combo box in help. >-----Original Message----- >How to add a drop down menu to a cell? >. > You can do it. Take a look at Data>Validation, see this site for full details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing d...

condional formating count question
Hi, I have a row in which I have a condition that if two numbers are identical its formating the 2nd number in Red Font, Is there a way or formula that I can use to count these red font Numbers? Thanks in advance for you help, It is best to use the same means in a formula that you used to make the font RED in the first place rather than trying to use a function to check the color of a cell. You can take a look at Chip Pearson's page, Functions For Working With Cell Colors http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm for counting cells in a range with involving normal cell coloring for ...

List Box Size....
I've created a list box in a cell Data - Data Validation - Allow List The resulting list box containing many values is teeny tiny weeny small. Is there any way the listed information can be shown larger when the user selects this cell? Thanks Inadvance You can't change the font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. However, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's some sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Wayne wrote: > I've created a list box in a cell > > Data - Data...

Day names in Calendar weekly view cells.
How does one display the days of the week, as well as the dates, in the title bars of the date cells in Weekly View of Outlook 2003 Calendar? It seems that an 'alternate calendar' of weekday names would do the trick if there's no simple setting that I've missed. Thanks, -- Michael H ...