Form Numbers Automatically Increment by 1 Upon Opening

I need to have the form number on the form increment by 1 when the form is
opened by another user on the system.
0
GVDLS (2)

I'd like to know how to do this also if anyone would care to share their
knowledge. I assume it would take VBA.

--
pdgood
pdgood's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31623

Have a look at John McGimpsey's VBA method.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 May 2006 11:51:02 -0700, GVDLS <GVDLS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I need to have the form number on the form increment by 1 when the form is
>opened by another user on the system.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
0
Gord

how do I add numbers in list of columns
entered numbers in columns of excel and want to total them going horizontal and vertical to get grand total for each column. Can you explain how to do this? For e.g. You enter 1-10 in A1-A10 You enter 11-20 in B1-B10 So, in A11, you type SUM(A1:A10) to get Column Grand total and copy it to B11 to get Grand column total for B And, you type SUM(A1:B1) in C1, to get Row Grand Total and copy it to C2 to C10 to get all Row Grand total Hope this helps. "Amadauss" wrote: > entered numbers in columns of excel and want to total them going horizontal > and vertical to get gr...

Book1 default
I have excel 2003 - Seems that the Book1 set to start up at opening excel - always requires to be closed after replying to save or not.... Where I worked before once you open an existing file, this template book1, would be gone. No need to go through the saved or not option, nor closing it. Can you please advise what it the best solution to rectify this problem! Thank you. There might be a macro, which runs at start-up, which makes changes to book1 hence the prompt... Once book1 is open, press ALT-F11. Do you see other workbooks beside book1 on the left pane? Is there any code associate...

Outlook 2007 Crashes Upon Opening
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2007 SP1 MSO 12.0.6425.1000 and always errors out and closes when I start it. Everything that I can see points to the mso.dll file. I swapped it out with another copy (have the orig) and still same result. My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 Below is the info from the event log, hope someone can assist. -------- Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6316.5000, stamp 4833a470, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00dfef5d. Fo...

Looking for driver that supports batch updates that don't quit upon failure
All, I need a jdbc sql server driver (for microsoft sql 2005) that support batch updates AND supports attempting to execute each command in the batch even if a previous command in the batch fails. In other words, if I attempt 100 items in the batch, I want 100 return codes (1 for each command). Drivers appear to be broken into two camps: those that return a list of error codes whose length is as long as those items in the batch that were successfully completed - and those that return a list of error codes whose length is as long as the original batch size. I'm looking for t...

Open A Network Folder From VBA
All - I'd like to be able to open a network folder when a user clicks a button on a form. The shared folder has a static name, but the sub folder will change with each record. For example.... Shared Folder \\server\share\folder Record ProjectNumber I'd like to have it set so that when a user is in ProjectNumber 123, they click the button and the folder \\server\share\folder\ProjectNumber opens. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jeff Hi Jeff, At my job all users have Windows 2000 or Windows XP, and I use something similar to the follo...

opening excel document with shell as read only
Hello, I am presently using access to open an excel file by using the shell command. Is it possible by some command e.g. \readonly to open the excel file as read only? Cheers If you're automating excel from another program, you may be able to just create an instance of excel and open your workbook readonly: This worked for me from MSWord: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myXL As Object On Error Resume Next Set myXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") If Err.Number = 429 Then Set myXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") End If On Error GoTo 0 myXL.Visible =...

Automatic Picture Download cannot be omited
Outlook 2003 + Exchange 2003 Hello, Automatic Picture Download can be disabled, but you cannot forward or send such a message without downloading it. Under Tools/Options/Security you can configure the automatic download of pictures from the internet. I selected all option to be prevent the automatic download. This works fine. In the email messages you are notified, that a picture is not downloaded. If you try to reply to the sender or to forward the message you are asked to download the picture from the internet. If you agree the picture will be downloaded and you can get tracked at t...

Outlook 2003 slow opening first html msg
Anyone else noticed a slowdown recently when opening the first html formatted message in Outlook 2003? It might have occurred during the recent MS updates, or it might be where I upgraded to IE7. That all happened about the same time. On my Pentium 800 with .5gb of ram, the message frame appears in about 20 seconds and the contents in another 20 seconds. This seems to only happen on the first e-mail to be opened. The next opens instantly. Dave ...

Item scan is not automatically filling in the item
In the POS screen the item scan requires the operator to press enter in order to populate the line. Is there a setting I'm missing? Is there a problem with the database? Please help You have to program your scanner to add an 'enter' after each scan. Check the manual that came with your scanner, it should explain how to do it, usually by scanning a few programming barcodes. They may refer to it as a suffix. Marc "Bill Cunningham" <BillCunningham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E83E299-D9A1-4770-AD38-3C65C2AD2706@microsoft.com... > In th...

Error message with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2 Not enough storage is available
Hi everybody, I need some help. With CAPICOM 2.1.0.1, when I try to store certificates from a smart card I use Store := CoStore.Create; Cert:=CreateComObject(CLASS_Certificate) as ICertificate2; Store.Open(CAPICOM_SMART_CARD_USER_STORE, 'MY',CAPICOM_STORE_OPEN_READ_ONLY); without any problem. I have updated with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2, and the same code produces an error message:"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" when store.open. I need use this library. My os is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002. SP3. My Internet e...

Sorting numbered system that relies on decimals
eg. This is the result I am looking for: TS-501.9.8 TS-501.9.9 TS-501.9.10 TS-501.9.11 TS-501.10.1 TS-501.10.2 TS-501.11.1 This is the result I am getting: TS-501.10.1 TS-501.10.2 TS-501.11.1 TS-501.9.10 TS-501.9.11 TS-501.9.8 TS-501.9.9 As you can see the numbers between the dots ascend from 1, however excel takes them as decimals (eg 0.1 = 0.10 = 0.100). Suggestions appreciated! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi It's possible to do using helping column, and a huge formula in it. But why not to convert your column into form TS-501.09.08 etc. Then you haven'...

Org Chart:1 Manager 2 Sections
How do I divide two work sections of employees under one manager? I tried arranging the first set of staff under a vertical alignment and wrapping a team frame around them, but when I add positions to create the 2nd team, they are aligned the same. If I arrange the employees horizontally, members are randomly assigned to the left or right, breaking the team arrangments. ...

Can I change the color of a form based on status?
I have a form for work orders. I track the work order number, part number, serial number, etc. I would like to add a combo box with work order status Open/Closed. I know how to do this part. I was wondering if I can link a command that will change the color of either the box or the form based on the current status of the work order. When I scroll through the work order form I rapidly know which work orders are open and closed based on the color. The parts are shipped out to various agencies for repair and sometimes it may be months before we see our parts back. Once a week I go t...

format numbers #2
I have a list of audio books in an excel 2003 spreadsheet. One column should show the duration of the book in this format: 8 hrs 23 mins. But what shows in the column is a 5 digit number, such as 54463 as an example. I cannot figure out how to format this column to translate this number into the hrs and mins of the actual book. Could someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks for your help Joanne Joanne Where does this number come from? It does not seem to relate to 8 hours 23 minutes at all (eg it isn't the total minutes for example or seconds). What is the source of this informa...

need help with tables so form okat- multiple equipment for 1 job
Here goes. I know this should be simple not sure why I can't see this right. Here is what I want to end up with not sure the best way to set up the tables to get what I want. and/or best way to create the form(from a query) or using form wizard pulling in tables that I need. I want to END up with a Form for all possible JOBS(cleaning jobs) with equipment needed and soaps needed for each job. There are many pieces of equipment for each job - mop, bucket, etc.(can't figure out how to get this in a form without listing with a comma) Have so far - don't thinks the tables a...

Sorting page numbers
Is there a simple way of sorting pages back into numeric order after building a large spread sheet so they appear in ascending order on the monitor. Without renumbering that is Thanks Mike Hi Mike, Your question is not clear to me, so here are three interpretations even if it is a stretch compared to even what you indicated. If you sorted the rows into a different order and want to restore them you can restore the order if you previous numbered your rows by placing a 1 on a new column (helper column) and used the fill-handle to place 2 into next cell, and 3 into next, etc. If you mean...

How to open Excel docs default with Excel 2007?
I had Office 2003 installed, then installed Office 2007 as well. The system was automatically configured then to open all Excel files (2003 or 2007) in Excel 2007. However, here at work they just did some Office 2003 update, and now XLS files are opening with Office 2003. If I go into Windows explorer and to file types and find XLS, when I browse to the office 12 directory and select EXCEL.EXE as the file used to open, it simply selects the "Microsoft Excel" that's already in the "Recommended Programs" section (at the top) of the "Which program to open the file wi...

How to run a macro by opening a file?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to run a macro when I open a file? For example, I would like to run a specific macro within file.xls, if current time is between 9 am and 10 am, otherwise, don't run this macro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? I am using XP with SP3 and Office 2003. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi something like this might work........ Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Time > "9:00 AM" And Time < "10:00 AM" Then call ASpecificMacro Else MsgBox "current time out of range. terminati...

How can I delete a space/character from a number of fields?
I have a column that has hyphenated numbers (XX-XX-XX-XXX-XXXX) and I need to get rid of the hyphens. They are all in the same format so I think if I could write code to del the 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc characters from a cell, it would work. I just can't seem to figure the code out. or is there an easier way? Thx. Why not just select the all the cells and use Excel's Edit/Replace to replace the hyphens with the empty string (put a hyphen in the "Find what" field and leave the "Replace with" field empty)? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "BABs" &...

Automatic e-mailings to to contacts from my outlook
Every two weeks or so e-mails are automatically sent out to my contacts by that are advertisements of vulgarity or other matters. Usually the same persons. I have all of the MS updates and all of the Norton updates and have upgraded my Outlook to 2003. Is there any way I can ride myself of this problem? I have kept some copies of the e-mails to get a clue as to what and how this happens but have no solution. What to do? Virus-Worm???? Gregory W. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every two weeks or so e-mails are automatically sent out > to my contacts by that ...

auto open message
Here is what I would like: Open the Excel file and the first thing I would see is a message box that tells me what is located in cell u12 Thanks pcor You can use a macro: Option Explicit Sub Auto_Open() msgbox thisworkbook.worksheets("Sheet9999").range("u12").text End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm pcor wrote: > > Here is what I would like: Open the Excel file and the first thing I would > see is a message box that tells me what is located in cell u12 ...

"a dialog is open" error, adding contacts in outlook
this 'a dialog box is open error' seems to be a plague... someone at work is getting it when she tries to add a new personal contact, when she clicks the "save and new" button. KBase article 223664 seems to describe this problem, but they say "When you attempt to add a user from your Global Address List (GAL) to your Personal Address Book (PAB), you may receive the following error message: A dialog is open. Close it and try again. When you click OK, the new contact dialog box remains open and the contact information is added to your contacts. " after reading t...

Email all addresses returned in a sub-form
I have a form that is linked to a sub form. These are connected via a class name so when they user filters the main form to a specific class the sub form returns only the students in that class. The data returned contains email addresses. I would like to have the ability to send an email to everyone in the specified class so I don't have to type each name in order to update the students on scheduling or locations. I can currently send an email to every student in the data base using the following code in a function: strSQL = "SELECT tblEmailList.Email FROM tblEmailList WHERE...

Word wont open doc while on train
hello my dad uses word 2003 on windows xp 64bit word is the 32bit version at home he has an adsl modem that supplies him with his ip for his ethernet conection and a basic firewall he is also a memeber of a workgroup of 2 machines. He has no issues with word at home but when he makes a journey on the train word will not open documents it starts no problem it just when he tries to open documents to edit word refuses to open them. he is not using wireless on the train the laptop is setup the same way as if he was at home apart from being disconected from the lan. he has had this...

Opening forms in outlook 2002
Outlook 2002 Windows XP Trying to open a custom form, receive following error: Internal MAPI error: An invalid parameter was passed to a MAPI function. Cintact your system administrator I am the system administrator This form works on other XP machines The only information I found is for windows 2000 installing the latest sp for office. Any help appreciated Thanks, Joe P. ...