Font Color #3

Using Excel 2003. Made copy of a matrix I built years ago. Now want to
update it and show which cells have changed by making the font blue rather
than black. Too many changes to make by just changing the color after each
adjustment. Can't find anything that will permit me to change the font color
and make it the default while I finish the update. Can someone point me in
the right direction please?

0
jaygreg90 (64)

Have two copies on the matrix on the same worksheet.
Let's say one begins in A1 and the other in AA1
You will be updating the first matrix
Select all the first matrix; use Format | Conditional Formatting; set
Formula Is to =A1<>AA1 (do NOT use =$A$1<>$AA$1) and set the font to blue
Now when you change something in the first matrix it will display in blue.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jaygreg" <jaygreg90@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Using Excel 2003. Made copy of a matrix I built years ago. Now want to
> update it and show which cells have changed by making the font blue rather
> than black. Too many changes to make by just changing the color after each
> adjustment. Can't find anything that will permit me to change the font
> color and make it the default while I finish the update. Can someone point
> me in the right direction please?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
6/26/2007 1:47:46 PM
Do you want to change the whole cell or individual characters within a cell?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200733

"jaygreg" wrote:

> Using Excel 2003. Made copy of a matrix I built years ago. Now want to
> update it and show which cells have changed by making the font blue rather
> than black. Too many changes to make by just changing the color after each
> adjustment. Can't find anything that will permit me to change the font color
> and make it the default while I finish the update. Can someone point me in
> the right direction please?

0
GarysStudent (1572)
6/26/2007 1:50:01 PM
I may have been misleading. I've already made a copy and renamed it. That's
the one inwhich I will change selected cells. Everything I do with that
second copy will be a change so I'd like to have the default type color set
to blue rather than black. But I can't find the place where I'm given an
option to change font color as a default.

"Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do you want to change the whole cell or individual characters within a
> cell?
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu200733
>

> "jaygreg" wrote:
>
>> Using Excel 2003. Made copy of a matrix I built years ago. Now want to
>> update it and show which cells have changed by making the font blue
>> rather
>> than black. Too many changes to make by just changing the color after
>> each
>> adjustment. Can't find anything that will permit me to change the font
>> color
>> and make it the default while I finish the update. Can someone point me
>> in
>> the right direction please?

0
jaygreg90 (64)
6/26/2007 5:22:07 PM
Put this tiny macro in worksheet code:

Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Font.ColorIndex = 5
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

if you type in a cell the text will be blue.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200733

"jaygreg" wrote:

> I may have been misleading. I've already made a copy and renamed it. That's
> the one inwhich I will change selected cells. Everything I do with that
> second copy will be a change so I'd like to have the default type color set
> to blue rather than black. But I can't find the place where I'm given an
> option to change font color as a default.
>

> "Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Do you want to change the whole cell or individual characters within a
> > cell?
> > --
> > Gary''s Student - gsnu200733
> >

> > "jaygreg" wrote:
> >
> >> Using Excel 2003. Made copy of a matrix I built years ago. Now want to
> >> update it and show which cells have changed by making the font blue
> >> rather
> >> than black. Too many changes to make by just changing the color after
> >> each
> >> adjustment. Can't find anything that will permit me to change the font
> >> color
> >> and make it the default while I finish the update. Can someone point me
> >> in
> >> the right direction please?

0
GarysStudent (1572)
6/26/2007 11:06:00 PM
I've got to write a macro just to change the color of type in Excel 2003?
Surely there's a check mark to make or button to push somewhere.

But if all else fails... thanks for the info.

> Put this tiny macro in worksheet code:

> Application.EnableEvents = False
> Target.Font.ColorIndex = 5
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> if you type in a cell the text will be blue.
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu200733
>

> "jaygreg" wrote:
>
>> I may have been misleading. I've already made a copy and renamed it.
>> That's
>> the one inwhich I will change selected cells. Everything I do with that
>> second copy will be a change so I'd like to have the default type color
>> set
>> to blue rather than black. But I can't find the place where I'm given an
>> option to change font color as a default.
>>

>> "Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Do you want to change the whole cell or individual characters within a
>> > cell?
>> > --
>> > Gary''s Student - gsnu200733

0
jaygreg90 (64)
6/27/2007 12:28:03 PM
Sadly the font color is a property of the cell.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200733

"jaygreg" wrote:

> I've got to write a macro just to change the color of type in Excel 2003?
> Surely there's a check mark to make or button to push somewhere.
>
> But if all else fails... thanks for the info.
>

> "Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Put this tiny macro in worksheet code:

> > Application.EnableEvents = False
> > Target.Font.ColorIndex = 5
> > Application.EnableEvents = True
> > End Sub
> >
> > if you type in a cell the text will be blue.
> > --
> > Gary''s Student - gsnu200733
> >

> > "jaygreg" wrote:
> >
> >> I may have been misleading. I've already made a copy and renamed it.
> >> That's
> >> the one inwhich I will change selected cells. Everything I do with that
> >> second copy will be a change so I'd like to have the default type color
> >> set
> >> to blue rather than black. But I can't find the place where I'm given an
> >> option to change font color as a default.
> >>

> >> "Gary''s Student" <GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

0
GarysStudent (1572)

Valid for advanced find... CRM 3
Hello Microsoft: As you probably know, there are attributes which are “not valid” for Advanced Find. For example, account/businesstypecode (http://{yourCRMserver}/sdk/list.aspx) is an important search criterion for accounts. For my organization (and I assume for others too) it is mandatory to be able to separate these business types for campaigns, lists, etc. For now, I told our CRM users that they have to sort the results by business type and than scroll to their desired business type… (What is an unacceptable and limiting state…). Please let us/me know how to fix this problem. Tha...

More than one profile in Outlook. #3
Hi I have a e-mail user that needs to open more than one e- mail account at a time, using Outlook 2002. If I click, File, Open, Others User's Folder, it works and he can get the mail for that e-mail account. When I try to put all the mailboxes in the folder list by clicking Tools, Email Accounts, View or change existing e-mail account, next, Change, More Settings, Advanced and then Add it gives me this message: The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed. I use Exchange 5.5 Can anyone help? ...

Change color for each serie?
Hi all, Is it possible to to change the color in a chart where 3 dataseries is represented? Eg. one color representing one region I have tried to create 3 series in the chart unsuccesfully. It seems that excel dosent allow it although I only have about +60 data in each serie... The data is also sorted (by size and not by region), so it is not possible just to select the data and assign them a specific value representing one color.. Hope that my question is clear. :) Christian ...

Field Level Security #3
I do not see field level security as an option. I am reading the Advanced Security Manual and per instructiosn go to (Tools >> Setup >> System >> Field Level Security) There is no Field Level Security Listed, yet if I go to Advanced Security it looks like I have access to this. Why can't I see it? It is a separate module. You are likely not licensed for the module, and therefore do not have acccess to it. "wendileigh" wrote: > I do not see field level security as an option. I am reading the Advanced > Security Manual and per instructiosn go to...

Varying colors on a line chart with multiple series
In Excel 2003, is it possible to change the color of part of a line on a chart with multiple data series? I can do it on a single series chart. Hi, Yes, you would need to select the segment of the line and then format it. So select the series pause and then select the segment apply formatting Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "LKP" <LKP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB5CF5B8-5E3C-4288-A7B1-63958DB0C688@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003, is it possible to change the color of part of a line on a > chart with ...

How do I get excel to add cells by color? Like all green cells (s.
I would like excel to add all cells of one color. Is that possible? Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "chakatania" <chakatania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90186C31-7BCA-4395-BA4D-98594168C7AF@microsoft.com... > I would like excel to add all cells of one color. Is that possible? ...

color list view
hi can i use thread to change the color of the list view with the OnNMCustomdraw and how can i do it ùthanks All this should be done on the same thread where the control was created. Why would you want a separate thread anyway? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mido1971" <jan_mido_2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:439D8B44-5A8B-4FC8-99E4-D7A62E510E3B@microsoft.com... > hi > can i use thread to change the color of the list view with the > OnNMCustomdraw and how can i do it �thanks i need an another thread because i have in the list view lo...

Sorting by Color in Excel 2000
I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group the rows in red font together. Is there anyway to sort by color? Thanks Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Greg" <gregor1974@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0ce901c4ac89$2be98dc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to sort text by color. I have a worksheet with > some rows in black font and some in red. I need to group > the rows in red font together. Is there anyw...

Meeting request #3
We have an Exchange 2003, running on win 2003. I have a strange problem. I had two users (A & B) with the same last name. I deleted user A’s account, since the person left. Now whenever someone sends a meeting request to user B (still a valid user) they get message saying that person A is not a valid user. Yes. Server returns a bounced message for user A. But the message request was never sent to A. It is happening to more than one sender and only seem to be happening with meeting requests. Here is the error: “User A” on 9/15/2005 10:40 AM The e-mail account does not ...

3 beeps when important message received?
Just installed 2003. Whenever a message marked high importance is received, I get three loud beeps. This is independent of the received mail notification, which is unchecked. How do I get rid of this? Thanks, Kbaba This is not build in functionality of Outlook. See if you've got an add-in installed that does this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "kbaba" <kbaba@kbaba.com> wrote in message news:eoaBrwt1EHA.304@TK2MSFTNGP11....

Mailbox Cleanup #3
Why do I get this every week? This is a new exchange server with about 15 users. (0 mailboxes) The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Completed at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB Did I set something up wrong? I thought this was a periodic cleanup routine.. Do you have a Recipient Policy with Mailbox Manager settings that has a LDAP filter that doesn't pick up any users? -- Bharat Sun...

Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN...
Now that CRM 3.0 RTM is out on MSDN are we allowed to talk about it in this NG? Or are we still supposed to keep quiet about it?! Cheers Tom ...

Change font color for row
If A1 is numbered 1 thru 4, representing Black, blue, green and red, is there a way to change the font color for an entire row based on this? i.e. if I place a 2 in cell A1, I would like the entire row of numbers and statements to change to a blue font. Thanks in Advance Mac "Mac" <Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12170EBC-BF99-4759-9171-C8B319364690@microsoft.com... > If A1 is numbered 1 thru 4, representing Black, blue, green and red, is > there > a way to change the font color for an entire row based on this? i.e. if I > place a ...

MSCRM 3.0 importing Chinese character problem
Hi, I use MSCRM 3.0, when importing, found the original Chinese character be changed to odd code, how can I solve this problem? ...

Checkboxes #3
I want to insert a checkbox in a spread sheet that if checked it multiplies a cell D5 with 1.71 and if uncheced the same cell multiplied by 1.35 Thanx Put a nice checkbox from the Forms toolbar on your worksheet. Give it a nice Linked cell. Rightclick on it Format Control|Control tab Cell Link (say A1) Then use a formula: =d5*(if(a1=true,1.71,1.35)) Es wrote: > > I want to insert a checkbox in a spread sheet that if > checked it multiplies a cell D5 with 1.71 and if uncheced > the same cell multiplied by 1.35 > Thanx -- Dave Peterson ...

RMS v1.2 and v1.3
I am operating on Headquarters v1.2 and Store Operations v1.3 however when I upload items the information does not transfer. Do both need to be the same version? Headquarters and Store Operations always have to be the same version for the uploads/downloads to work. -- Regards Michael (Brisbane, Australia) "NMC" <NMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193149AE-8F18-49F4-A98D-91B801C7CC6F@microsoft.com... >I am operating on Headquarters v1.2 and Store Operations v1.3 however when >I > upload items the information does not transfer. Do both need to...

Change font size based on value of a cell
If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change from the default 10 to 16. It needs to return to the default size when A1 returns to a value of 0. Can someone help with this? Thanks. Michael Here's a little macro that will do it....... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Range("a1").Value = 0 Then Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 10 Else Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 16 End If Range("B1").Select End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "MichaelRLanier@gmail.com" wrote: > ...

Duplicate folders #3
I seem to have duplicate folders in Outlook XP. SOme of the content is the same, but there are 2 seperate Inbox folders. How can this be or what have I done? ...

3 way match in GP 9
we are using GP 9.0. Does the system perform a 3 way match between Purchase Orders, Invoices and Goods Receipt? If so, an invoice would not be paid until the item is received in the system and a validation would occur that the invoice amount is not higher than the available PO funds. I have looked through the configurations, but do not see this. And, if there is a 3 way match, is there a place to set a tolerance limit? This would allow for an invoice to be a certain amount over the remaining PO value as long as it is within the limit defined. Thanks for any guidance here. The way GP ...

tengo Outlook 2007, envia y recibe cada 3 min
tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta "enviado o recibiendo". como puedo controlar el envio y recepcion a un periodo programado? en la pestaña de configuracion tiene cada 30 min. el enviar y recibir Usted repeta la pregunta en ingles, por favor? -- Debby Hanoka dhanoka@live.com "Mito" <Mito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814ABBE2-3A5B-47E5-8D1F-BEE5F9F36B97@microsoft.com... > tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta > "enviado o > recibiendo". > > como p...

Ivy color scheme
Greetings Can anyone tell me the colors (hex values) used in the ivy color scheme in publisher? I do not have publisher. Thanks Albatross I don't have the hex values but I did do the work for the RGB numbers. (I'm kinda surprised I'd do this much work for something this strange.) If you don't have Publisher, how do you know about the Ivy scheme? If it was through an acquaintance, why not ask the friend? Main - black Accent 1: R-51, G-102, B-0 Accent 2: R-204, G-204, B-153 Accent 3: R-214, G-224, B-214 Accent 4: R-204, G-204, B-204 Hyperlink: R-51, G-153, B-0 Followed link:...

HELP!!! #3
First, I was unable to display my Outlook folder. I couldn't go to Detect and Repair because I couldn't open Outlook. I proceeded to scanpst.exe to repair the problem. Now I've lost all my email messages. Did I lose everything? How do I restore the messages? I checked the box to save it in a file but where is that file? Please help quickly. I run a small business out of my home and need to find this info fast. ...

Outlook Won't open #3
My outlook won't fully open...the hour glass just keeps running...I did reinstall several times with same problem...what's wrong? You might want to check your connection to the exchange server. >-----Original Message----- >My outlook won't fully open...the hour glass just keeps >running...I did reinstall several times with same >problem...what's wrong? >. > I had the same problem today AFTER I downloaded the latest security update. I'm using XP and restored to last Friday and Outlook now opens. As usual, the patches sometimes cause a problem. Tr...

If Cell Color is yellow set adjacent cell to value
Could someone help me with the VB for this please. I want to search column D and for each cell in column D that i highlighted Yellow I want to set the Value of that cell to Column G i the same row. So if column D15 is highlighted yellow and has a value of 10 I wan cell G15 to be set to 10. This will save me so much time. Thanks for your help. S -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I think you should start by looking at Chip's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm I reckon you'll need to set up a User Defined Function for it. -- Andy. "serhat &...

Suitable Font for A4 side folded 4 page 'booklet'
I am preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give me 4 pages. I have used Verdana font 8 points and it looks satisfactory. Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full. I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and point size that might be more suitable. I'm using Publisher 2002. I posted this earlier in the wrong place. Sorry Thanks Art I suspect the font is a matter of taste. I was sent a Catholic service booklet for Lent, it was all done in Arial 10 pt. Eight points seems small, hopefully your parish...