fill all cells in row with one cell entry

I have a range of cells and in that range If I enter any type of text/number
I want the rest of the row that cell belongs to, to be blacked out or marked
somehow to show that, that row has an entry in it already.  Is this possible.
 Please help.  thank you.

"jv4_2+1" wrote:
>I have a range of cells and in that range If I enter any type of
>text/number
> I want the rest of the row that cell belongs to, to be blacked out or
> marked
> somehow to show that, that row has an entry in it already.  Is this
> possible.

Assume range is A1:D5

Select A1:D5 (with A1 active)
Click Format > Conditional Formatting

Under Condition 1, make the setting as:
Formula is:
=SUMPRODUCT(--MATCH(TRUE,$A1:$D1<>"",0))<>COLUMN(A1)
Click "Format" > Patterns tab > Black > OK
Click OK at the main dialog

Test it out ..
--
Max
Singapore

0
demechanik (4694)
9/8/2006 2:49:11 AM
Would you like to check out conditional formatting.  Wonder if this is =
what you need.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010929431033.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011116611033.aspx

If above links broken, try the following.

http://tinyurl.com/nhba5
http://tinyurl.com/rbqah

Epinn

"jv4_2+1" <jv4_2+1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
I have a range of cells and in that range If I enter any type of =
text/number=20
I want the rest of the row that cell belongs to, to be blacked out or =
marked=20
somehow to show that, that row has an entry in it already.  Is this =
possible.=20
 Please help.  thank you.

0
someone6932 (228)

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

OWA jumping mouse

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Single click selects multiple cells

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

RE: Fill Factor on a clustered index
Tricky one. Have a database getting alot of locks...Darn sql server and those silly page locks. Anyway had to change the application to use a disconnected methodology and check for changes before doing an update. Love the asp.net alternative. It just clobbers data (unless you write code to check)...record locks have their uses but...right now need to reduce any locking possible and one article on the web mentioned even tables where you just add data too could do with a fill factor. One table just keeps a track of changes by the record id. There is a clustered index on the record ...

How to place a stable title row?
Hi there! For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than 1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top, while you scroll up and down the rest of the content. I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult to enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column. Thanks for your help in advance! One way: Assuming headers are in row1, Select A2. Click Window > Freeze pane This freezes the 1st row, so it always remains in view w...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...