fill a color to a row

 Hi,
 I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to
color the row.

lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full
coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6

thanx in advance

formula =

=$h1=1

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"mns" <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel
> color the row.
>
> lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be
> full
> coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
>
> thanx in advance

0
Don
3/10/2010 4:35:38 PM
Conditional formatting - new rule - use formula to determine which cells to
format -
Formula is   =$H$6=1
Applies to =$A$6:$J$6

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"mns" wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to
> color the row.
>
> lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full
> coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
>
> thanx in advance
I tried selecting the range then using conditional formula.
but I thing my formula is not working as I expect.

=IF(AND(H3=1,I3=0) --> I use this on formula place in conditional formatting
in Excel 2007.
If I can make this formula work I'll modify it to have 3 conditions.

I3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green
H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row  Yellow
I3 AND H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row  Green

"mns" wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to
> color the row.
>
> lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full
> coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
>
> thanx in advance
Sorry - I missed out the formatting bit itself

Select format and chose fill.  What you can do to enhance it if you don't
want the 1 to be visible is to format font the same colour as the fill.
--

"Russell Dawson" wrote:

> Conditional formatting - new rule - use formula to determine which cells to
> format -
> Formula is   =$H$6=1
> Applies to =$A$6:$J$6
>
> --
> Russell Dawson
> Excel Student
>
> Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.
>

> "mns" wrote:
>
> >  Hi,
> >  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to
> > color the row.
> >
> > lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full
> > coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
> >
> > thanx in advance
Thank you Russel, it worked.
But still need to have 3 conditions. Are they doable on one formula? if not
can I use priority thing on them? cause i need to make

I3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green
H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row  Yellow
I3 AND H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row  Green

colors are not imprtant. single ones are not problem. but I3 and H3
condition, is it doable?

"Russell Dawson" wrote:

> Conditional formatting - new rule - use formula to determine which cells to
> format -
> Formula is   =$H$6=1
> Applies to =$A$6:$J$6
>
> --
> Russell Dawson
> Excel Student
>
> Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.
>

> "mns" wrote:
>
> >  Hi,
> >  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to
> > color the row.
> >
> > lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full
> > coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
> >
> > thanx in advance
=IF(AND(H3=1,I3=0)
You've almost got it right, try:
=AND(H3=1,I3=0)
and format colour to suit

"mns" wrote:

> I tried selecting the range then using conditional formula.
> but I thing my formula is not working as I expect.
>
> =IF(AND(H3=1,I3=0) --> I use this on formula place in conditional formatting
> in Excel 2007.
> If I can make this formula work I'll modify it to have 3 conditions.
>
> I3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green
> H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row  Yellow
> I3 AND H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row  Green
>

> "mns" wrote:
>
> >  Hi,
> >  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to
> > color the row.
> >
> > lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full
> > coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
> >
> > thanx in advance
yes Ron, I'd love to try but...
can not use that formula =AND(H3=1,I3=0) like this.
neither can use mine...:(

when I add "" then it accpets it but wont do anything:(

="AND(H3=1,I3=0)" this way excel doesnt do anything,
and says i have an error when I type =AND(H3=1,I3=0)
directly:S any idea?

"Ron@Buy" wrote:

> =IF(AND(H3=1,I3=0)
> You've almost got it right, try:
> =AND(H3=1,I3=0)
> and format colour to suit
>
> "mns" wrote:
>
> > I tried selecting the range then using conditional formula.
> > but I thing my formula is not working as I expect.
> >
> > =IF(AND(H3=1,I3=0) --> I use this on formula place in conditional formatting
> > in Excel 2007.
> > If I can make this formula work I'll modify it to have 3 conditions.
> >
> > I3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row Green
> > H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row  Yellow
> > I3 AND H3 has a vaule of 1 mark the row  Green
> >

> > "mns" wrote:
> >
> > >  Hi,
> > >  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to
> > > color the row.
> > >
> > > lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full
> > > coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
> > >
> > > thanx in advance
=$H1=1 kind formulas can be entered. but
=AND(H3=1,I3=0) cannot be entered. and when I try

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> formula =
>
> =$h1=1
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett@gmail.com
> "mns" <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel
> > color the row.
> >
> > lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be
> > full
> > coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
> >
> > thanx in advance
>
> .

Hi Mns

try this...

Since you want to give a criteria so that colors whole row.
Assume you have a sample database as below..
Having this database you want to color the whole row when you update the
status column. Lets say when you fill status as open then whole row should be
RED.
Before using a formula use this criteria.
In separate column say in column E type as open then select whole column and
rename the range as updateR in the range naming exactly to left of formula
tool bar.  then use the formula as =countif(updater,$c2).
type the above formula in conditional formatting new rule and fill the RED
color.

A                  B              C
Names	Tickets	status
Donna	Sev1	open
Martin	sev2	open
Wes	sev2	open
Peter	sev3	closed
Rajesh	sev3	closed

"mns" wrote:

> =$H1=1 kind formulas can be entered. but
> =AND(H3=1,I3=0) cannot be entered. and when I try
> ="AND(H3=1,I3=0)" this way excel doesnt do anything,
> and says i have an error :(
>

> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
> > formula =
> >
> > =$h1=1
> >
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > Microsoft MVP Excel
> > SalesAid Software
> > dguillett@gmail.com
> > "mns" <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel
> > > color the row.
> > >
> > > lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be
> > > full
> > > coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
> > >
> > > thanx in advance
> >
> > .

Thank you Raj. you are awesome.........

"Raj" wrote:

> Hi Mns
>
> try this...
>
> Since you want to give a criteria so that colors whole row.
> Assume you have a sample database as below..
> Having this database you want to color the whole row when you update the
> status column. Lets say when you fill status as open then whole row should be
> RED.
> Before using a formula use this criteria.
> In separate column say in column E type as open then select whole column and
> rename the range as updateR in the range naming exactly to left of formula
> tool bar.  then use the formula as =countif(updater,$c2).
> type the above formula in conditional formatting new rule and fill the RED
> color.
>

> A                  B              C
> Names	Tickets	status
> Donna	Sev1	open
> Martin	sev2	open
> Wes	sev2	open
> Peter	sev3	closed
> Rajesh	sev3	closed
>

> "mns" wrote:
>
> > =$H1=1 kind formulas can be entered. but
> > =AND(H3=1,I3=0) cannot be entered. and when I try
> > ="AND(H3=1,I3=0)" this way excel doesnt do anything,
> > and says i have an error :(
> >

> > "Don Guillett" wrote:
> >
> > > formula =
> > >
> > > =$h1=1
> > >
> > > --
> > > Don Guillett
> > > Microsoft MVP Excel
> > > SalesAid Software
> > > dguillett@gmail.com
> > > "mns" <mns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .

I have a different problem.  When I select a column and click the Conditional
Formatting command from the home tab in Excel 2007, my formula will not work.
 I have a column of numbers ranging from 15 to 35.  I inputted the formula
=$A$1:$A$20>=25 to format all cells in column A having a value of 25 or
higher.  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but it isn't working.  My Excel
Option (Formula Tab - Calculations is also set at Automatic.) Can someone
help me
Venus

"mns" wrote:

>  Hi,
>  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel to
> color the row.
>
> lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be full
> coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
>
> thanx in advance
For A1:A20 try this...

Select the range and in the formula is box enter =A1>=25

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Venus" <Venus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a different problem.  When I select a column and click the
>Conditional
> Formatting command from the home tab in Excel 2007, my formula will not
> work.
> I have a column of numbers ranging from 15 to 35.  I inputted the formula
> =$A$1:$A$20>=25 to format all cells in column A having a value of 25 or
> higher.  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but it isn't working.  My
> Excel
> Option (Formula Tab - Calculations is also set at Automatic.) Can someone
> help me
> Venus
>
> "mns" wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel
>> color the row.
>>
>> lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be
>> full
>> coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
>>
>> thanx in advance

Howard,
Thank you - thank you.  I had spent hours agonizing over what I did wrong;
your solution worked.  I appreciate your help
Thanks,
Venus

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote:

> For A1:A20 try this...
>
> Select the range and in the formula is box enter =A1>=25
>
> HTH
> Regards,
> Howard
>
> "Venus" <Venus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a different problem.  When I select a column and click the
> >Conditional
> > Formatting command from the home tab in Excel 2007, my formula will not
> > work.
> > I have a column of numbers ranging from 15 to 35.  I inputted the formula
> > =$A$1:$A$20>=25 to format all cells in column A having a value of 25 or
> > higher.  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but it isn't working.  My
> > Excel
> > Option (Formula Tab - Calculations is also set at Automatic.) Can someone
> > help me
> > Venus
> >
> > "mns" wrote:
> >
> >>  Hi,
> >>  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel
> >> color the row.
> >>
> >> lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be
> >> full
> >> coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
> >>
> >> thanx in advance
>

> .

You are welcome, thanks for the feed back.

Regards
Howard

"Venus" <Venus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a different problem.  When I select a column and click the
>Conditional
> Formatting command from the home tab in Excel 2007, my formula will not
> work.
> I have a column of numbers ranging from 15 to 35.  I inputted the formula
> =$A$1:$A$20>=25 to format all cells in column A having a value of 25 or
> higher.  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but it isn't working.  My
> Excel
> Option (Formula Tab - Calculations is also set at Automatic.) Can someone
> help me
> Venus
>
> "mns" wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>  I want to check a column (lets say H) if there is a 1 value i want excel
>> color the row.
>>
>> lets say there is a 1 on H6, I want to fill a color to row 6. It can be
>> full
>> coloring or if i can i might like to range it to A6:J6
>>
>> thanx in advance

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

Using a formula to fill a field
I am ery new to Access and was wondering, is there anyway to make a field fill automaticaly with a formula? Like in excel for example if you have a fromula on a cell and the arguments change the cell changes. I have a table with a field of invoice amounts and then a table with account info, i want to know if there is a way for the account table (ie: Balance field) to update automaticaly when you add an invoice with that accountID. Access is a relational database. An Access table may look like a spreadsheet, but it is really just a "bucket o' data". No, you can't ad...

Change background / color of chart worksheet?
Need steps to change the color or backgound of the worksheet that is a chart. Have multiple tabs in workbook that are just the charts. Only option for background is to use Format-Sheet-Background. That changes background of chart, but not the grey areas around the chart on the chart tab. You need to select the Chart Area (what you call the, "grey areas around the chart") and format that. There are 2 separate, "parts" to a chart:- 1. The Plot Area (which you seem to have formatted OK) and the 2. Chart Area. You need to select each of them to format th...

Getting row indexes on Range
(I refer to C# code, but answers in VB are welcome) I have a Range in Excel, which includes several cells (the cells the user selected in the Excel sheet). The range might include the following cells A2, B7, G4. This means that the cells might not be connected. If I look at myRange.Cells.Count, it will return 3. If I look at myRange.Row, it will return 2 (if A2 was the first selected row by the user). Now, I need to get the row numbers of all selected rows, so in the above range, I need an int[] of {2, 7, 4}. But I can't see any solution to go through the Cells and get t...

Increasing # of rows in excel sheet
Hi all.. I usually import data from other programs such as SAP into excel and face the problem of excel running out of Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution possible to my problem. Thanks Rehan Hi no. 65536 rows is the maximum "Rehan" wrote: > Hi all.. > > I usually import data from other programs such as SAP > into excel and face the problem of excel running out of > Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total > number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution > possibl...

Form creates unwanted rows in table
I've created an asset database which keeps track of computers, laptops etc. There is one company which has many departments and every department has many rooms. (surprise, surprise) There are four tables: tables Department and Asset and two "middle" tables DepartmentRoom and AssetRoom. The table structures are as follows: DEPARTMENT id name dep_type dep_num etc... ASSET id name a_type ip_num vendorID serial_num etc... DEPARTMENTROOM id name depID (foreign key to department) ASSETROOM id assetID (foreign key to asset) roomID (foreign key to depa...

Auto Filling Fields in Current Record from Previous Record
Hello, I have looked through posts related to Auto-Filling a field from a previous record but am still a little unsure of how to do things. What I would like to do is auto fill a field in the current record with one from a different field in a previous record. What I have is a form that records "engine hours" and "tonnes moved" for a piece of equipment. The operator will record the staring hours and tonnes (at the start of a day) and the hours and tonnes at the end of the day. So in the database, I would like the "Starting Hours" and "Starting Tonnes"...

Help with auto height of rows
Hello, I've got Excel 2002. Spreadsheet has over 3400 rows and 6 columns. No merged cells. All fonts are Arial size 10. The first 1809 rows are set to a height of '15.00 (20 pixels)' and the remaining rows are set to '12.75 (17 pixels)'. I've tried selecting all rows and then double clicking on a divider bar to get them all to adjust to auto height, but they stay at the heights listed. I want them all to be at the 12.75 (17 pixels) height when you do the auto height adjustment. Why won't this work on this spreadsheet? Thanks. Mark Nevermind - I fig...

Highlightin a row
Is there any way to automatically highlight a row with color in a large spreadsheet when you are entering data to know which row and cell you are in. *I need this hightlighting to move with the tab and enter key when I move to a different row/cell. Thanks -- Kim Hi try: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Note: This kind of event procedure will disbable the UNDO functionality -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6DDFCD53-4341-4097-BCA1-F9E7831AF848@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to au...

Inserted rows, now need Counta function
Hi I've got a data dump. I've figured out how to insert a blank row after a change in name in column A and insert "Total" - so... bill.... bill.... bill Total - bob.... bob.... bob.... bob Total - What I need in column C next to total is to insert the COUNTA function for each person. Any ideas? cheers You say your code inserts a blank row after a change in name and inserts "Total", but your example doesn't show this. Can you post the code you are using to do your "insert"? It will probably be easier to handle the ...

Color Break in Line Charts?
I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. In the projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes from actual to projected. Is there a way to make the line or the x-axis change colors at the point that the date does so (i.e., have the line turn green halfway through the chart)? Thank you in advance. On Oct 23, 8:39=A0am, Mr. Platypus <MrPlaty...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. =A0In the > projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes fr= om...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them
Hi, i have a list that looks like this 22 43 22 41 ... I need the list to be together 22 43 22 41 ... However i can't use a macro or something to delete the entire ro because other worksheets are related to the cells, so when i delte th row, the #ref thing apears, somebody know a formula or something tha can help me? Thanks a lo -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 You could fi...

How do you control the color/pattern of a pie chart?
I need help with my pie charts. I need to create pie charts that are easily understood in B&W. How do I set the color or pattern for each portion of my pie chart? Hi, To format a slice you need to select it first. Click the pie once to select all slices. Click again to select individual slice. You can use the Fill Effects > Patterns to fill with b/w patterns. Also in print preview the Setup dialog has a Print Black & White option on the Chart Tab. Note this is only visible if you have a chart sheet or select the chartobject before print preview. If you are printing chartobje...

Enter key will no longer return to begining of next row
From one worksheet to the next, the enter key will only activate the cell directly below the current cell. What Have I done to change the direction? Have checked the direction selection in Options and as suggested by MS Help made sure the Down was selected. Doesn't change a thing. Help! Sandy look in Tools | Options | and on the Edit tab check what's in "Move selection after Enter" Regards Trevor "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212b01c3e06b$ac7afe50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > From one worksheet to the next, the ent...

Filling odd shapes
I'm trying to create a closed shape (Visio 2002) consisting of an exponential curve (stencil from the drawing tools set) and then 3 lines underneath so that the result is a closed shape that can be filled with a color. I can create the shape with the curve and 3 lines and everything looks connected but the fill just won't happen. I don't get any errors, it just doesn't fill with a color. What am I missing? Scott You need to make sure that all the lines are in the same geometry section. Graham provided a longer answer in the Yahoo Visio forum. John... Visio MVP Need...

Fill in text from drop down list box in Excel
Hello, I have created a drop down list box but the list is getting too big and the user has to scroll down the list to select the data. Is there a feature I can use to display the data that start with the same string. For example: If I type "Be" in my box, the box could display the list that start with "BE or Be". I created the drop down list by using "Data", chose "Validation", and chose "List" from the "Allow" tab. Thanks for your help. Bexi Bexi If your drop-down list if from Data Validation, you cannot have Autocomplete. T...

delete rows when any cells in column A is filled in RED color
Hi people, I need your help for a VB code that can delete the rows with any cells in column A being filled in RED color ? Alternatively, it will be fine for me if you have the code that can move the rows to the top when there are cells being filled in RED color in column A . Thanks in advance for help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements If the colors are ...

Set the color of grid depend on variable
I'd like to set the color of cells (sheet1) [A1...A8] -> Red [A9...A28] -> Green [A29...A44] -> Blue [A45...A54] -> Red .... based on data from sheet2 Start Stop Color 1 8 Red 9 28 Green 29 44 Blue 45 54 Red ..... How to do it ? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Radoslaw Krzyzan , pl.communicator@radek http://www.communicator.pl , ICQ 4336523 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi for only three colors have a look at 'format - conditional Format'. For more than 3 conditions you need VBA -- ...

Deleting a row when adding a new row -
I have a spreadsheet that contains 100 rows. I want to limit the number of rows to 100. I.e. if the user adds a row (i.e. row 101) then all data from row 1 is deleted. I do not have to worry about the deleted data as it is updated in the new row! Can anybody help. I think you're saying you want the first row to be automatically deleted when a row is added at the end of the table. The row will have to be deleted, it won't happen automatically. The macro language is there for such specific requirements. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com -------------...

Row highlight based on the 1-31 day of the month
I've got a table with dates displayed in the first column (ascending order). I would like to highlight each row based on the day of the month with one of 5 chosen colours (red, yellow, green, blue and orange). rows with the 1st of the month: red rows with the 2nd of the month: yellow ....... rows with the 6th of the month: red ....... Julian. You would use conditional formatting to display different colors based upon the day value. Your conditional formatting formula would look at the day value of the date. You will have multiple conditions for each row. Condition 1 Formula is: ...

Turning a row color to "yellow" if one date field is greater than another.
I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current date is greater than a "needed by" date column. What is the best way to do this? Hi Select the rows necessary and then go to Format/Conditional Formatting. If your 'needed by' date is in column D use 'Formula Is' and then in the box type: =$D1=today() Hope this helps. Andy. "Ray Stevens" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:umTvfnURGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current >date is greater than a &q...

print multiple, separate rows on each page
How do I get Excel to print different rows on each page? I have table column heading I want to print on each page and a notes section as well, which is too large for a footer. In File, Page Setup, Sheet tab there are "Rows to repeat at top" and "columns to repeat at left". You should be able to select the rows you want, and they should appear on each page printed. (This is present in Excel 2003, anyways. I'm not sure about older versions). Kevin "DPixie" wrote: > How do I get Excel to print different rows on each page? I have table column > hea...

How do I link cells, sheet to sheet, to recognize row deletions?
In Office XP - Excel - I want to copy a column from one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I want the copied links to recognize row deletions and insertions when I change the source sheet. When I use the Copy, Paste Special, Paste Links command, the linked sheet does not recognize a row deletion in the source sheet. Instead, the linked sheet displays a #Ref message in the cell related to the deleted row. One way to try .. Assume the source col to be linked is col A in Sheet1, A1 down In Sheet2 ------------- Put in any starting cell, say A1: =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1&qu...

New HP Color LaserJet
Our company is looking to purchase a new HP Color LaserJet for use with Dynamics GP 9.0 and later (when they are released). However, the GP compatibility list does not include any current model HP color laserjets. This will be a workgroup printer and color is necessary. I would like to stick with HP's since we have had good luck with them in the past. I was looking at maybe the 4700dn, 3800dn, or the 3600dn. Has anyone been using any of these models? Alan, We don't have anyone using the models you listed, we do have one customer using the HP 2840 Color LaserJet with no pro...

Reading Last Row of Data
Is this possible? I have an excel document with two worksheets in it. Worksheet #2 is just a bunch of data sorted by date. Worksheet #1 displays data from the last row of worksheet #2. Is it possible to have excel detect the last row of data on Worksheet #2 and display it on Worksheet #1? Right now I am manually changing the cell references on worksheet #1 as I add data in worksheet #2. Any help would be greatly appreciated! -- sslack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sslack's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...