File in 2007 form - need to get back to 2003 for...

I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of
you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form.

Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and
went back to 2003 but for got about the one file..

So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this
file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there
are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and
part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites.

Any help or advise (beside the obvious... always make a backup... dah...)

Thanks in advance...
0
rhmorris (1)

Sun, 06 May 2007 22:08:27 -0500 from RHM <rhmorris@visi.com>:
> I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of
> you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form.
>
> Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and
> went back to 2003 but for got about the one file..
>
> So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this
> file back two 2003 form??

Well, there's Excel 2007. :-)

The Excel 2007 help also mentioned some utility that lets Excel 2003
read Excel 2007 files. Do a search at Microsoft's site.

                                  http://OakRoadSystems.com/
That 'Compatibility Pack' can be downloaded from this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

It does work ... However, if the Beta version was an early beta, it probably
will not.  The file formats changed several times during the Beta stages, and
basically at this point in time, files in early Beta versions may be kind of
lost forever.  I've had 3 or 4 people send me such files, and my success rate
in converting them has been maybe 75% (I can definitely remember on failure
out of the 3 or 4).

"Stan Brown" wrote:

> Sun, 06 May 2007 22:08:27 -0500 from RHM <rhmorris@visi.com>:
> > I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of
> > you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form.
> >
> > Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and
> > went back to 2003 but for got about the one file..
> >
> > So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this
> > file back two 2003 form??
>
> Well, there's Excel 2007. :-)
>
> The Excel 2007 help also mentioned some utility that lets Excel 2003
> read Excel 2007 files. Do a search at Microsoft's site.

>                                   http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Excel 2007

Rollup 2 and Office 2007