Extract from a table a value by interpolating

Hi,

I'm a new with fancy things in excell and would very much appreciate the help.

I have a table from which I want to extract values, but I want those values
to be interpolated from what is in the table. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Maria
0
Maria1 (236)

hi,  this is how i do it.
Lets say your table is at A12 to B20
make another column at column C with this equaition  =(B14-B13)/(A14-A13)

      A	               B	C
12   2.000  	1.000 	0.5
13    4.000 	2.000 	1.0
14    6.000 	4.000 	1.0
15    8.000 	6.000 	1.0
16  10.000 	8.000 	1.0
17  12.000 	10.000 	1.0
18  14.000 	12.000 	1.0
19  16.000 	14.000 	1.0
20  18.000 	16.000 	1.0

Your original value which you need to interpolate from the table, put it in F8
in F9 (or where you want your interpolated value to shop up) put this
equation below.

=VLOOKUP(F8,$A$12:$D$20,2)+VLOOKUP(F8,$A$12:$D$20,3)*(F8-VLOOKUP(F8,$A$12:$D$20,1))

this should work. works for me,
let me know any prob.

Raz

"Maria" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a new with fancy things in excell and would very much appreciate the help.
>
> I have a table from which I want to extract values, but I want those values
> to be interpolated from what is in the table. How can I do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maria
0
Raz (13)

format of excel file to be counted as Table for Access
While importing external data, there is an option of importing an excel file in the form of a Table. Though a table in Access also has headings & data below it, what does the utility expect an excel file to contain? Thanks ...

Make Table Query
I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote: >I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query >that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current >database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awk...

Re : Excel Range of Values Amidst Characteristic Transitions
Re : Excel Range of Values Amidst Characteristic Transitions Enter an Excel worksheet ; now that the tabulation is prepared for (preferential) presentation, Column A is shown as follows :- 01 8.0 02 8.0 03 <A Blank Row> 04 8.0 05 <A Blank Row> 06 <A Blank Row> 07 9.0 08 <A Blank Row> 09 9.0 10 9.0 11 <A Blank Row> 12 6.5 13 6.5 14 <A Blank Row> 15 <A Blank Row> 16 <A Blank Row> 17 8.0 18 <A Blank Row> 19 8.0 20 <A Blank Row> 21 8.0 22 <A Blank Row> 23 6.5 24 <A Blank Row> 25 ...

Changing cell values through form
Hi... I'm not that good with access so I decided to look for help here. I have a table filled with drivers. Starting number, Driver name, and Number of laps are the columns. My Idea is to make a form that will list all the drivers, and add a value of +1 into the "Number of laps" cell to that driver when double clicked. That would be a sort of Lap counter form... Every suggestion is welcome. -- ::: www.ktvj-online.com - Motocros Portal ::: ::: www.forum.ktvj-online.com - Forum ::: ...

2nd try, parameter values
I'm having problems posting... sorry if this comes up twice. I have parameter values set to make things easier for the users... The prompt pulls Last Name or Emp #. If the Emp# is not available, is there a way to search by last name, including suffixes, but only entering the last name? or even just the first letter of the last name? On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:31:24 -0700, melinda.pluma@agedwards.com wrote: >I'm having problems posting... sorry if this comes up twice. > >I have parameter values set to make things easier for the users... > >The prompt pulls Last Name or...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

Null or NOT in another table
Hello. I have a query that verifies that required fields in my records are populated and correct. Right now it returns the records that have required fields=NULL. some of the fields need to be verified for legal values from another table as well. So I need to return values where the value of field [Tag]! [function_code] is not in [WM_GOC_Conversion]![Function_Code] My current query is a datasheet with autoformat that marks the null- fields with yellow background. I'd like to be able to mark the wrong information with red text, but first I need to have a query that return the...

updating and underlying table field with a combo box selection
I want to use an ID value from a combo box on a subform to update the same ID value in the form's underlying table. My main form is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main My Subform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Sub My Subform table is: tbl_Street_Joiner My Mainform is: frm_Street_Joiner_Main The combo box on my subform is called: StreetName, with a column count of two but the bound column is the actual street name. SELECT QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.StreetNameID FROM QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master ORDER BY QRY_Street_Names_Joiner_Master.Street_Names, QR...

Need to format text in header, but value is generated using VBA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6360C.2372C770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found = out how to do that using this function: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In Worksheets ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader =3D _ Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value) =20 Next WS End Sub However, this leaves my text for ...

Changing bar graph colours according to value
Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change according to value? Hi, Have a look at Jon's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy nikki8327 wrote: > Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change > according to value? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table cleanup
With the migration from 1.3 to 2.0 the MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table was created for all matrixs. It looks like many extra entries were created in the conversion process. It appears that the conversion issue has been resolved with SP1. How can I cleanup this table with out deleating and redefining all these matrixs? Currently some of these matrixes take 30 to 45 min. to open up under manager do to the extra entries. Thanks TomT ...

A Crystal Beginner

Form to table data
Firstly I'd like to thank all of those helping guys like me. Thanks a million, you're helping more than you think. This is the scenario. I have three tables which were automatically turned into forms. Table 1 = ChanceryTable Table 2 = ProtocolTable Table 3 = CoupleTable I start out at a form (Protocol Form) that works from the "Protocol Table". When I go to the Couple's Form (working off the CoupleTable) from the Protocol Form I'd like for the newly created "Protocol Number" to be consistent with the new couple info that is going to be added to th...

search and return cell value
I hope that someone may be able to help. I have a worksheet that has 7 fixed columns and a variable number of rows. The rows can range from 1 to many. Cell A1 is dependent upon the value in the last row in column G. I can locate this with nested "if" statements or by creating a new column H that will test to see if the next row contains values. Is there any function that I can put in cell A1 that will locate the last row in column G that contains a value and return the value of this cell? Many Thanks Hi if you have no blank rows in between try =OFFSET($G$1,COUNTA(G:G)-1,0) -- Reg...

how do i "de-dupe?" rows by a column value?
I have a complex operation to perform. My spreadsheet has rows that indicate items (control number in column A) linked to titles (control number in column B). A title can have multiple items in the spredsheet. I want to number the titles and assign random numbers to them so that I can get two random samples. I also want to have my random numbering retained in the spreadsheet as a whole, so I can see all the items assigned to my samples. How can I "dedupe" column B, assign a random number to each title control, then transfer that data to my "undeduped" spreadshe...

Display value on a form dynamically
I have a form that needs to display values from an array on the form; how do I achieve the following? If item count in array is < 20 then print Val1 Val2 Val3 Val4 Val5 Val6 and so on If items in array is > 20 then print Val1 Val2 Val3 Val4 Val5 Val6 Val7 Val8 Val9 and so on The following code works fine and prints values in two columns butI need to modified it to print in three columns if nItemsCount > 20 { for (i = 1; i <= nItemsCount; i++) { if (i % 2) { nX = nX * 25; ...

Query for random values multiple records
I have a table of names (lots of names! Too many to write individual queries for...). I want three random non-repeating numbers between 1 and 7 for each of these names. Output example: Name1 3 Name1 2 Name1 5 Name2 1 Name2 5 Name2 4 From reading on the boards I was able to come up with a way to generate output such as this: Name1 3 Name1 2 Name1 5 Name2 3 Name2 2 Name2 5 However, that will not work for what I want the random numbers for. I need a different set of each random non-repeated number set for each name. Thanks! On Mon, 16 Apr 200...

Form using a query to look up values
SELECT Residents.[Last Name], Reciepts.Date, Reciepts.[Street Number], Reciepts.[Street Name], Reciepts.Amount FROM Reciepts INNER JOIN Residents ON (Reciepts.[Street Number] = Residents.[Street Number]) AND (Reciepts.[Street Name] = Residents.[Street Name]); I have a couple of combo boxes in my form that uses information from this query to populate a table. The query allows me to type in the last name in a box on my form, and then fill in the street number and street name using the drop down box. My issue is that once I fill in the form once, and go to the next line, th...

Select case syntax for continuous range values?
I know you can use Select case statements to cover a range of integer values, such as: Case 100 To 500 Case 501 to 650 etc However, I'm not clear on how to work with non-integer values to ensure that every possible value is covered, while ensuring no overlap in categories. With an IF statement I might use: If x >100 and x <=500 elseif x >500 and x <=650 which would properly assign a value of 500.4395 to the second condition Is there a way to do this with select case? Or is my best option to try to use more decimals than the data might need, e.g. C...

Pivot Tables and Graphs (charts)
Background: I have a Pivot Table (PT) which is updated monthly. A chart is tied to the data in the PT. The X-axis contains the months and the Y-axis contains the respective data of the months. Question: How can the chart be updated automatically (this should include the latest monthly data) whenever the PT is updated (refreshed)? Thanks in advance. learnlearn52 wrote: > Background: > > I have a Pivot Table (PT) which is updated monthly. A chart is tied to the > data in the PT. The X-axis contains the months and the Y-axis contains the > respective data of the months....

pivot table calculated field or item
Hi, my question is..I want to use an If formula based on the Grp colomn value BU (see formula below), but it doesnt recognise the value as "BU", it just returns the false value (value if false). Pivot table rows are as follows SO # Grp Cust Whse SO 311450 BQ BAKERS S 10-Nov-Tue 312385 0 MODERN S 12-Nov-Thu 312403 BU BUNNINGS S 12-Nov-Thu I have inserted a calculated field with formula =IF(Grp="BU",0,1) The formula always returns 1 Thanks for your answer Hi Craig Add an extra column to your source data headed Test with a formula like =IF(B2=&q...

VLOOKUP bug? Different answer for values vs calculated table.
I recently found a strange error using VLOOKUP (actually, MATCH does the same): In cell A6, type 0.1 In cell A7, type =A6+0.1 and copy down to A25 Copy A6:A25 to B6:B25 In cell C6, type =VLOOKUP(B6,A$6:A$25,1,FALSE) and copy down to C25 All looks fine, but now copy A6:A25, and paste the values onto itself (or fill A6:A25 using Fill/Series with a step of 0.1). My results are: Source data Lookup Result 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.3 0.3 #N/A 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.6 0.6 0.6 0.7 0.7 0.7 0.8 0.8 #N/A 0.9 0.9 ...

Where is the Country table in CRM 4.0?
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone of you already knew where we can find the Country table in CRM 4.0? I tried looking for it using the Filtered View and table but I can't find it still. I basically would like to make use of the Data it has (particularly country). This one is actually found in the currency form when you click on the Currency Code lookup button. It has the following fields: Country/Region, Currency Name, Currency Code and Currency Symbol. Thanks. Hi, This info is not stored in CRM. If you reflect the code in Microsoft.Crm.dll, and the Microsoft.Crm.CrmUtility...