Excell attachement do no shows up

I got an e-mail in Outlook from someone and it is supposed to have an
attachement of something in Excel, but I don't see the attachment anywhere
in the Outlook window, and I don't even know where to find the attachment to
open it.
I do have Office  2003, but never have used Excell.
Any advise on how to find the attachemnt?
Thanks in advance.

0
octaven (5)

Octavio,

This question would be better asked in an Outlook newsgroup, not
an Excel newsgroup.  That said, are you sure that the sender
actually attached the file?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Octavio" <octaven@msn.com> wrote in message
> I got an e-mail in Outlook from someone and it is supposed to
have an
> attachement of something in Excel, but I don't see the
attachment anywhere
> in the Outlook window, and I don't even know where to find the
attachment to
> open it.
> I do have Office  2003, but never have used Excell.
> Any advise on how to find the attachemnt?
> Thanks in advance.

0
chip1 (1821)
4/17/2004 12:23:18 PM
Thank you, Chip.  I am thinking about the possibility of a setting that I
have to set or reset or something and that this is the reason for which the
attachemnet does not shows up.   I will have to wait until monday to find
out for sure if the file was attached, right now I am assuming that it was.
Meanwhile, I will post the question in Outlook to see what any one has to
says.

"Chip Pearson" <chip@cpearson.com> wrote in message
> Octavio,
>
> This question would be better asked in an Outlook newsgroup, not
> an Excel newsgroup.  That said, are you sure that the sender
> actually attached the file?
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
>

> "Octavio" <octaven@msn.com> wrote in message
> > I got an e-mail in Outlook from someone and it is supposed to
> have an
> > attachement of something in Excel, but I don't see the
> attachment anywhere
> > in the Outlook window, and I don't even know where to find the
> attachment to
> > open it.
> > I do have Office  2003, but never have used Excell.
> > Any advise on how to find the attachemnt?
> > Thanks in advance.

0
octaven (5)
4/17/2004 12:54:01 PM
If it is not showing up most likelye the sender forgot to attach it

"Octavio" <octaven@msn.com> wrote in message
: I got an e-mail in Outlook from someone and it is supposed to have an
: attachement of something in Excel, but I don't see the attachment anywhere
: in the Outlook window, and I don't even know where to find the attachment to
: open it.
: I do have Office  2003, but never have used Excell.
: Any advise on how to find the attachemnt?
: Thanks in advance.
:
:

0
nospam202 (664)

Is there a way to animate cell(s) boards in Excel?
Is there a way to animate cell(s) boards in Excel? I think I saw a spreadsheet in a meeting (overhead projector on a laptop) that had an animated border in an area of cells of intrest. Please note that this was NOT a copy, cut, etc command or operation. It was a stand alone feature that was there when the file opened. Is this possible. Could it be possible that this was another spreadsheet program? There's nothing built into excel that does this kind of thing. I guess you could write a macro that adds a border to the current selection and then toggles it on/off every few moment...

A way to convert Excel worksheet into Powerpoint slide
Hi, I need a way to easily convert an Excel worksheet which is used extensively at operational level to a Powerpoint slide for the management to view summaries of operational information. It's just an exact "copy" of that particular worksheet to be shown on Powerpoint and a means to automate this process. ie. using a script/program. Thanks in advance. Hi Juzion, See Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html --- Regards, Norman "juzion" <juzion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7714AB8D-775E-4D08-BDC6-97...

Outlook will not show Cyrillic letters in e-mail
I have been using Outlook Express ver.6. as my e-mail reader. I get a lot of Russian e-mail, besides Norwegian and English, and my Outlook Express has no problem handling the Russian alphabet. Now I have started using Outlook 1997 because of the calendar, contacts, appointments etc. But when I try to use Outlook as a e- mail reader as well, it will not display Russian characters, instead it displays question marks. And I can find no way of choosing different character sets in Outlook, while it is quite easy in the menues of Outlook Express. I have therefore been forced to continue to ...

Excluding cells from average on Excel workbook
I am trying to average a column of percentages but need to exclude some cells because they are N/A. The problem is that the cell may be empty but it has a function associated with it so it is not being excluded from the average. I have tried =SUM(F10,F13,F16,F19,F22,F26,F30)/COUNTA(F10,F13,F16,F19,F22,F26,F30)but this only works if I delete the function from the cell that is N/A. For example, I may need F13 to be excluded this time because the numerator and denominator were 0 but next time I might need it so I don't want to delete the function from the cell. Is there a ...

Pasting charts to Word from Excel as picture
Hi, I want to transfer some charts (as picture) in excel to a particular word document (specific page and specific position). The word document already has some data and lots of pages in it and Im inserting charts in specific places. When I used to do the above task for Excel to Power- point then I could use the, Right click Format picture, of Size (Height, Width) and Position on Slide (Horizontal, Vertical) in order to place the charts in powerpoint in the exact position and dimension I want. But Im not able to see an analogous feature in word where I could specify the Position (Position o...

Converting Excel Data to Access in Office 2003
-- How do I analize and convert Excel Data into an Access Data Base. With 2003 in 2000 it was a menu option from the Data Button. Do not see it in Excel 2003 Necesito informacion acerca de la nueva version OFFICE SYSTEM, acerca de que si trae Excel con alguna modificaci�n importante respecto a otras versiones Gracias. "Oscar" <oscarjperez{xxx}@hotmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:B068CBD3-CA1E-4EA4-B442-E88B198138C9@microsoft.com... > > -- > How do I analize and convert Excel Data into an Access Data Base. With 2003 in 2000 it was a menu option from the Data ...

Outlook will not show mail
Hello I have installed outlook 2007 including business manager. Today I added my mail address as an IMAP account and it worked fine, however, I have the following problems now: 1) The IMAP is not the standard account which means that the system has made a seperate account for me which I do not need 2) Since I closed down Outlook this afternoon and reopened it the system writes "Messaging has returned an unknown mistake. If problem continues close outlook". Further it says it cannot show letter heads for my account. I have talked to my host supplier and I have f...

Outlook 2003 sp3 don't show new email in Public Folder
Hi, I have a mail enabled public folder witch works fine, but in my outlook I doesn't see that there is a new email in the public folder. Normally if you receive a new email in your inbox then the the name inbox will become bold and a number with the amount of new emails show up. This also happend the first time when I sended a email to the public folder, but sins then is doens't show it anymore. I added the public folder to my favorits but with no succes. I am also trying to make a rule that will show a "new item warning" or a "warning on the desktop" but none of...

In Money 2005 Std Report does not show split shares
I recently installed Money 2005 Standard and have entered details about stocks and later recorded that they were split. For eg. intially I had entered purchase of 1 share for $10 and then recorded the split at 1:1. The account register still shows number of shares as 1 and price as $10s. The account summary also shows that I have just 1 share and not 2. Try 2:1. 1:1 implies you ended up with one share for each you started with. From your description, I'm guessing you ended up with 2. "TomDick" <TomDick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A045111-444E-...

Excel file size too big
I use Excel to pefom V-Lookups. After I have completed my V-lookup & resaved my file it's size jumps from 43KB to 5.16MB. There are no external lkins as I have pasted my values. I have all upgardes to Excel. I have been working the same way for a couple if years & this has just started happening. Does anyone have any suggestions? -- Brook Perhaps performing some steps to reduce the file size might lead you toward a permanent solution. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshoot_your_workbook_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.c...

Multiple Instances of Excel 2000
I have Excel 2000 (SR - 1) running under Windows XP. If I select a number of Excel documents in Windows Explorer and then hit Enter instead of all of the documents opening into a single instance of Excel, they each open up an instance of Excel which then crashes my PC due to memory problems. What's the setting I need to use to stop this please? Many thanks - CJB. I'm not sure if this will completely resolve your issue, but try going to TOOLS > OPTIONS > View Tab and uncheck the 'Windows in Taskbar' checkbox. This will make all workbooks open in one Excel window. ...

Importing excel graph into Word
Can anyone help with the above - my excel worksheet/graph is too large to fit in portrait style when copy/pasting from Excel to Word - can I rotate the excel sheet to fit? Stuart, why not rotate the Word document page instead? Just put a Next Page section break at the bottom of the preceding page, one after the Excel graph, and layout that page in landscape? -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Stuart" <stuartrayner55@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:212a701c45ae2$0742bee0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone he...

works 4.5 files to 2002 Excel
How do you convert Works 4.5 files so they can be used in excel? I have Excel 2002 In Works 5 there are various Excel options under File -- Save As -- (Save As Type). V4.5 shouldn't be much different. Rgds, Andy ...

Excel should allow me to change default number formats
I get irritated with some of the default settings within excel. I see that you can change the default setting for fonts, but not for number formats. Is there anyway there something that I'm missing with respect to this? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message p...

Delete from Excel dictionary(not voice)
Hi in Excel I entered a miss spelt word into my dictionary. How can I reverse this error? MS Office's dictionary is shared between all the applications. Open MSWord Tools|Options|Spelling & Grammar Tab click the Custom Dictionaries button Select your custom dictionary (probably Custom.dic) Click the modify button delete the word(s) you don't want Ok your way out. Davehiphop wrote: > > Hi in Excel I entered a miss spelt word into my dictionary. How can I reverse > this error? -- Dave Peterson ...

excel goes insanely slow
HI, Im making graphs in 2007, They are called tensile curves and have about 1500 points each. I have 9 curves on one graph. Basically, excel crashes, if i go to change anything (axes scale, line weight, colour, etc) excel goes slower then any program ive ever run, stops responding and eventually (2-10 minutes later) lets me click something. Im running a core 2 duo with ample ram, disk space and operating on xp pro so im doubting its a hardware or OS problem any ideas on what is wrong and/or how to fix it? Thanks, Tom T: An interesting problem. Would you like to send me ( remove TRU...

Filtering in Excel 2007
I would like to filter out all of the rows that have a certain color highlighting in any of their cells. How would I do this? Home>Filter>Filter by Color. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:11:02 -0800, Colin3440 <Colin3440@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to filter out all of the rows that have a certain color >highlighting in any of their cells. How would I do this? I have a lot of columns in my document and I don't want to have to go through each one and select "filter by color." I want to be able to filter ...

Data Type Issue in Linked Excel Table
Hello, I have a table in acess that links to an excel spreadsheet. I have a field "Comments" that is a memo field, and all the text in that field shows up when i open up the linked spreadsheet in excel. Yet when i view that same linked data in access, the field is cut off even though it's specified as a memo. Looking at the data format of the "Comments" field in the linked table in access, i see that the data type for that field is @. I take this out, and i then see all the text in that field! The problem is, that it will NOT save that way...the @ s...

Excel
I have been entering data from surveys into an Excel spread sheet. Each respondent may have up to twelve types of problems that they will have written something about. I have created a separate column for each row.This is what it looks like (if you get my drift). -------- ------- ----------------- ----------------------- |Id No: |Name: |Problem 1(Engine)|Problem 2(Transmission)| -------- ------- ----------------- ----------------------- |1000 |John |Too noisy |Gears hard to change | -------- ------- ----------------- ----------------------- (with 12 columns for the pr...

Importing Btrieve files to Excel
Can someone tell me an easy way to import btrieve files into Excel? Advise, Thanks Take a look at BtSearch at www.nssdd.com. It will export the btrieve data to dbase or ascii which can then be imported into Excel. Gil "Wally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<16d601c3b845$17182b60$3101280a@phx.gbl>... > Can someone tell me an easy way to import btrieve files > into Excel? > > Advise, > Thanks Thanks Gill. >-----Original Message----- >Take a look at BtSearch at www.nssdd.com. It will export the btrieve >data t...

Option to print attachment icon
I have a problem where some of our clients are able to print a mail that prints out the icon if the mail has a attachment. However some people have attachments, but when they print it does not show the attachment icon on the print out. Any ideas ...

Why is Page Setup Comment Box blanked in Excel 2003?
I am using Excel as a database for records. I want to print out a worksheet complete with comments. WhenI use Page Setup>Sheet I find that the Comments Box is blanked out/unuseable. Can anyone explain/help. The comments option will be disabled if you access the Page Setup dialog box from the Preview window. Instead, in Normal view, choose File > Page Setup. Heyvet wrote: > I am using Excel as a database for records. I want to print out a worksheet > complete with comments. WhenI use Page Setup>Sheet I find that the Comments > Box is blanked out/unuseable. > Can any...

In Excell how do you get to calculate after clicking off of Calc
I copied and pasted a calculation from the Help display and when I clicked off of the calculation. It should have calculated but didn't. I am using Excel 2007. =SUM(A2,-B2) was put in C2 =SUM(C2,A3,-B3) was put in C3 How do you get it to calculate? I clicked on a different cell in a different row and column. I put numbers in A2,B2 and A3and B3 that the example gave. The help had the title "Calculate a running balance". I copied and pasted the example like helped told me to do. When that didn't work I typed it in and it still didn't work. flyingrace One ...

Export Error Table created After Exportin A Table From Access To Excel?
I received a Database with a number of tables that each contain 24272 rows of data. When I export any of the tables to Excel a table is created in Access with the name of the Exported file and the word Error which contains 2 fields -- One field states: "Rows dropped due to worksheet" and the other field states the number of rows dropped "16384." Is there a limitation either in Access or Excel as to how many rows can be exported to Excel or imported into Excel? -- Barbara A lot depends on the versions involved and the way it is exported. If you use code and DoCmd.Tr...

In Excel 2002 there was an addin 'Financial Management'
Does anyone know where it is in 2003 ? I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx Maybe that's where you got it for xl2002?????? (Or maybe a search of Google would be in order.) Alans wrote: > > Does anyone know where it is in 2003 ? -- Dave Peterson Thanks Had trawled those with no success Will go round again Cheers Alan "Dave Peterson" wrote: > I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx > > Maybe that's where you g...