Excel worksheet total up to show in another worksheet

I have two worksheets. The first is the nice printable page. On the second
page I just total up my receipts. How do I get those totals to show on
Worksheet 1 in a cell called Total?
--
SF
0

Hi
Just say your totals to be added are in A2:A120 in Sheet 1 then
=SUM(Sheet1!A2:A120)

hope this help

--
nik
nika's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1536

Problem sending an Excel file as an attachment in Outlook Express
I can receive Excel files as Outlook Express Attachments but when I send one it changes to an .dat file and can not be opened. I use MS Office 2000. Any suggestions? Hi this is more a Outlook related question. So you may post this in the Outlook NG -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Olgolfer" <Olgolfer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E98CE6AD-0649-411F-9D1D-2B93AC5C4729@microsoft.com... > I can receive Excel files as Outlook Express Attachments but when I send one > it changes to an .dat file and can not be opened. I use MS Office 2000. ...

Outlook 2000 Inbox does not show new message until click somewhere
This installation is a 25 user SBS 2000 w/Exchange 2000 sp3. Two user do not show new inbox items until they click somewhere else then the new message show in the inbox. If no movement to another inbox etc. message may take 45minutes to show even internal exchange mail. ?? Bruce We are having the same problems, look 4 or so pages below under the subject strange behaviors for my post. Bryan "BruceB" wrote: > This installation is a 25 user SBS 2000 w/Exchange 2000 sp3. > > Two user do not show new inbox items until they click somewhere else then > the new messag...

Cursor highlights the wrong rows in excel?
I find that I have to select 3 rows above the row I want to highlight in excel. This carries forward when selecting multiple rows. My mouse is always about 3 lines above the cells being acted upon. ...

How do I copy data from one workbook to another whilst retaining formulas on original
I'm looking to run a macro from workbook SWT (sheet CLT) which will cu and paste data from a range of cells (A2,C2,E2,F2,G2,I2,K2.. A3,C3,E3,F3,G3,I3,K3... A4,C4,E4,F4,G4,I4,K4.... until end of data from workbook SWT (Sheet CS) to rows A to G in Workbook SWTS (Shee Stats). I have vlookup formulas (eg =IF(B2="","",VLOOKUP($B2,'Data Field'!$A$7:$B$12,2))) in place in columns A,C,E,F,G,I,K on sheet CS and I'm looking to keep the these formulas in place (unless someone ca think of better alternatives). When I paste the data on sheet Stats i must paste onto the...

Excel remembers! How?
I type in "FRENCH"(no quatos) in cell A1 The I type in ENGLISH in cell b1 When I get back to cell a2 and type in the letter F the etxt is completed and it says FRENCH How does this happen/what is it called/how do you turn it OFF Thanks for the help Ian, It is called "AutoCompletion". To turn it off, go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the Edit tab. There, uncheck the "Enable AutoComplete for cell values" options. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "ian&qu...

Strange Excel Problem.....
Hi there, We are facing one very strange excel problem in our organization.We have purchased new IBM thinkcenter 851 desktops for our Managers.We have installed Windows 2000 professional as operating system and Office 97 as office in that pcs.Now we are facing one very strange problem....Normally when you click on "New" shortcut( I mean right click anywhere and select "new" option),you will find "Microsoft Excel Worksheet" as shortcut listed in that option and when you select it new excel worksheet will be opened.But here,whenever i click on "new"...

Excel Jululian 04-28-10
Good morning please help can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) regrads yes george, if thats what you want to do. RegMigrant "George A. Jululian" wrote: > Good morning > > please help > > can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) > > regrads oh, go on then two ways - build an excel macro what gets the information from windows so can (kind of) keep itself up to date. I am guessing you have no macro background so i offer the much cheaper way:- got to Start, run type "cmd" wi...

How do I copy a chart made in Excel to Powerpoint?
I have created a number of charts in Excel that I need to export to Powerpoint for a presentation. I also want to turn each graph into a jpeg or pdf file for publication. How do I do this? For sharing charts in Office 2003 or earlier: Using Excel with Other Office Applications http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Office 2007 throws some wrenches into the gears. To export charts as image files: Enhanced Export Chart Procedurehttp://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/06/09/enhanced-export-chart-procedure/ Use PDF or GIF, which are optimized for line art, not JPG, which is optimized fo...

Excel 2007 Chart SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex
I thought I had posted this already, but can't find it. Sorry if it's a duplicate. I have the following code that was written in Excel 2003. Every time I run it in Excel 2007 it crashes. I can't find anything about changing the colors of a series in an Excel 2007 chart. Also, when I try to record a macro to change the chart colors to gain insight, nothing gets written to the macro regarding the color change. Help! Sheets("Chart1").SeriesCollection(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 5 ...

Crosstab query totals
I have Query1 that returns 2 fields: CatID Step1Decision CatID can be 01 thru 29 Step1Decision can be N,X,P,D,R Query1: SELECT qryGrievances.CatID, qryGrievances.Step1Decision FROM qryGrievances, qryStartEnd Query2 uses Query1 joined to qryCategories to return all the categories and their description plus those in Query1 Query2: SELECT qryCategories.CatID, qryCategories.CatDesc, Query1.Step1Decision FROM qryCategories LEFT JOIN Query1 ON qryCategories.CatID = Query1.CatID Query3 uses Query2 in a crosstab so the Step1Decision (N,X,P,D,R) become column headings and cate...

saving excel file with it's add in
Hi, I have an Excel file that uses a formula from an add in installed in m computer (*.xla). How can I save the project including the add in in order to use it i another computer that doesn't have the add in. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you really mean that your workbook uses a function that's in the addin? If yes, I think you have two choices. #1. Take the addin with you (and install it on the other pc). #2. Extract the code/procedure for that function from the addin and put it in your workbook. (If the addin's project is protected, then thi...

Transfer Info From Worksheets
Ok hello, I have a worksheet up and running, info is always being added to i continuously. What I need is for the info from Worksheet1:Column A to be transferre over to Worksheet3:Column B but I cant figure out how to do thi because the information is Text not numeric. So basically I would hav 2 of the same sets of data in 2 different worksheets so I can do wha needs to be done to the info. And when new data is entered int worksheet1:Column A I need Worksheet3:Column B to automatically updat itself with the newly entered information. Finally, Worksheet3:Colum B needs to be in alphabet...

excel spreadsheet 2003 wont show content when moved to another par
i have backed all documents which included excel spreadsheets from c drive to d drive (ANOTHER PARTITION). Now i cannot see the content of the spreadsheet when i access it from the D drive or C drive. what have i done to it? It also wont open when itry to access it from backed up USB stick. Thanks Chris I had a similar issue with some files. What happened was that somehow the windows for the files got minimized or dragged out of view somehow (not sure how this happened). Users would open a file and see nothing. This fixed it for me. Goto the Window item on toolbar, S...

Excel Caused Error in VBE6.dll. Excel will Close
When trying to open Excel 2000 (Office Professional) / Windows ME the above message appeared and Excel would not open. Renaming the VBE6.DLL file and then repair and then reinstal Office did not work as the original dated VBE6.DLL file reappeared Has anyone had the sme problem? If so did you find a workable solution? ... and what was it? ...

excel 2007 installation
Hello: I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. Problem: I want to ger rid of the personalized features I have in XP and install Excell 2077 with the default parameters as it come from the manufacturer. Please help. Elitor Did you try just uninstalling the Excel XP version first? If so, did that not help? I've not tried this so I'd like to know! "Elitor" <Elitor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C1B1E5E-0EAA-42EB-8CC2-5A228ADF8578@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. > Problem: I want to ...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

How to Route Outbound E-mail from the Exchange Server 5.5 to another server.
Hi. I'm implementing an e-mail filter software and I need to configure my Exchange Server to route outbound e-mail to the e-mail filter server. I went to the connection tap and changed the message delivery to : Forward all message to host : "My e-mail filter server ". I need to know if what I've done is correct ? Thank you for your help. Yes, that's where you make the change. Don't forget to restart the IMS in order to affect the change. -- hth, SusanV "Javier" <jbisono@tricom.com.do> wrote in message news:uPVHjhl9DHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

Excel text to Word text
How can I copy Excel text, then paste it into MS Word without carrying over the grid lines? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ed English I don't believe you can copy and paste without the gridlines. However, in Word, select the data and Table>Convert>Table to Text. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Ed" <ee15803@att.net> wrote in message news:3f7e21e9.53324199@netnews.worldnet.att.net... > How can I copy Excel text, then paste it into MS Word without carrying > over the grid lines? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks &g...

Re: Excel Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5D5BA.E1DDCCD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets 1;2;3;4; ETC................. I would like the new page list release with one botton: A1-Nome de sheet(1;2;3;4; ETC) A2-Date(C50:C80) A3-Import (D50:D90) Best regards Marcello "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ha scritto nel = messaggio=20 news:uk86X7v0FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Marcello, > > I am not absolutely clear as to what you...

Inserting a value based on a calculation from another sheet
Hi all I have a sheet that performs a series of calculations based on a single value and culminating in another single value. Also the series of calculations is too complicated and long and numerous to do in a single calculation. What I have is, in another sheet, I have a range of that single initial value, from -90% to +90% of the initial value, and I'd like to somehow calculate that value resulting from all the various initial values and insert them in the first sheet...how can i do that? for example: sheet A contains the range of initial values and the result of the calculations per...

How can a set an alarm in Excel?
I don't know if this is possible, but I figured I would ask: I have a spreadsheet that I work with that shows the schedules of my students; each different place my student goes has its own row, so a student may have many rows if they have many activities. currently, i auto filter the day column to the current day so i can see what students have activities on that day, and when/where they are. i was wondering if i could set an alarm on the column labeled 'start time' that would pop a window up when any value in that cell matched the system time... is this possible?? thanks, -...

Pie Chart (excel 2003)
How do I hide the 0% of the pie chart so that they only show the relevant %? If you mean on the pie then double click the data labels and choose the Number tab, choose Custom and enter the following code on the Type line on the right: 0%;[=0]""; -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Xueling" wrote: > How do I hide the 0% of the pie chart so that they only show the relevant %? Thanks! It does look better. But is there a way to not show the data lable of those 0% as well? "ShaneDevenshire" wrote: > If you mean on the pie then double click the data labels ...

Graphic features of EXCEL..........
Hi, I want to display the table data on Pivot GRAPH from two different sheets. How should we do that? Any advice will be great. Bill ...

Excel 2007 sorting problem
In Excel 2007, every time I change ranges, and even sometimes when I move away from a range and then come back to an old range, I have to re-enter the sort parameters every time. In Excel 2003, and for some versions before, if I sorted a selected range (say A4:Q54) by Col A Asc, Col G Asc, and Col C Desc then Excel would remember the sort parameters so that if I changed ranges to say A60:Q100 it would keep those same parameters loaded and I could just simply sort my data without having to re-enter the sort parameters all over again. Please direct me to where I can get some help on this issue...

Excel Calculations Open in Manual Occasionally
MSOffice 2003, WinXP. When I open Excel, the Calculation Option defaults to Manual instead of remaining on Automatic. Is this a bug in Excel? I never set it to Manual. Thoughts can be posted or sent rich32822(Remove this)@hotmail.com. Regards, If the first workbook you open is set to manual it will change the setting for other workbooks as well meaning that if someone is sending you a workbook with this set, you open it by opening the attachment and Excel opens. Then you close this particular workbook and you open a new workbook, this workbook will now be set to manual -- Regards,...