Excel working in with Outlook

I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007.

I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to
open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook. One
thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to be
re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically
something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry,
record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time, late
at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare.

Is there any way that Excel can do that kind of warning and work in with
Outlook so it throws up in my "To Do" list automatically? Any help
appreciated.

0
lrb1 (101)

Hi

Having created a few applications that access either Outlook or Lotus Notes.
This is possible, having said that I have yet had to work with the tasks
list, so sadly at this stage cannot provide specific advise on "How To"

Excel will still require a "Trigger" to fire the events, whether that is the
workbook open event or some such.

The following site has some info on automating Outlook, and should give you
the basics to begin with. From there it just takes a little research into
Outlooks object model, and trying different ways.

HTH

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

> I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007.
>
> I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to
> open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook. One
> thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to be
> re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically
> something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry,
> record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time, late
> at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare.
>
> Is there any way that Excel can do that kind of warning and work in with
> Outlook so it throws up in my "To Do" list automatically? Any help
> appreciated.

0
stevedoc (9)
6/25/2007 11:43:01 AM
Thanks but you didn't provide the URL!

"steve_doc" <stevedoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Having created a few applications that access either Outlook or Lotus
> Notes.
> This is possible, having said that I have yet had to work with the tasks
> list, so sadly at this stage cannot provide specific advise on "How To"
>
> Excel will still require a "Trigger" to fire the events, whether that is
> the
> workbook open event or some such.
>
> The following site has some info on automating Outlook, and should give
> you
> the basics to begin with. From there it just takes a little research into
> Outlooks object model, and trying different ways.
>
> HTH
>
> "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:
>
>> I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007.
>>
>> I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to
>> open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook.
>> One
>> thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to
>> be
>> re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically
>> something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry,
>> record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time,
>> late
>> at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare.
>>
>> Is there any way that Excel can do that kind of warning and work in with
>> Outlook so it throws up in my "To Do" list automatically? Any help
>> appreciated.

0
lrb1 (101)
6/25/2007 12:19:07 PM
Ooops

Please accept my apologies - bad day at the office

Try
http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=5V1C8G&pNodes=0U7Q0Q

HTH

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

> Thanks but you didn't provide the URL!
>
> "steve_doc" <stevedoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Having created a few applications that access either Outlook or Lotus
> > Notes.
> > This is possible, having said that I have yet had to work with the tasks
> > list, so sadly at this stage cannot provide specific advise on "How To"
> >
> > Excel will still require a "Trigger" to fire the events, whether that is
> > the
> > workbook open event or some such.
> >
> > The following site has some info on automating Outlook, and should give
> > you
> > the basics to begin with. From there it just takes a little research into
> > Outlooks object model, and trying different ways.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:
> >
> >> I have Office 2007 so obviously Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007.
> >>
> >> I have made up a newbie's Excel spreadsheet for my business. One thing to
> >> open that has my entire financial year's data in it and my car logbook.
> >> One
> >> thing I am going to add to it is parts. I want to know when parts need to
> >> be
> >> re-ordered so will set a level where I want Excel to show up basically
> >> something like a "reorder now" warning. However, I am often in a hurry,
> >> record the event and don't look at the outcome until I have some time,
> >> late
> >> at night. At that time, reordering becomes a nightmare.
> >>
> >> Is there any way that Excel can do that kind of warning and work in with
> >> Outlook so it throws up in my "To Do" list automatically? Any help
> >> appreciated.

0
stevedoc (9)
6/25/2007 1:43:00 PM
HAHAA!! No worries. We all input a bad formula now and then! Thanks again.

> Ooops
>
> Please accept my apologies - bad day at the office
>
> Try
> http://www.excelkb.com/?cNode=5V1C8G&pNodes=0U7Q0Q
>
> HTH
>
> "Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:
>
>> Thanks but you didn't provide the URL!
>>
>> "steve_doc" <stevedoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > Having created a few applications that access either Outlook or Lotus
>> > Notes.
>> > This is possible, having said that I have yet had to work with the
>> > tasks
>> > list, so sadly at this stage cannot provide specific advise on "How To"
>> >
>> > Excel will still require a "Trigger" to fire the events, whether that
>> > is
>> > the
>> > workbook open event or some such.
>> >
>> > The following site has some info on automating Outlook, and should give
>> > you
>> > the basics to begin with. From there it just takes a little research
>> > into
>> > Outlooks object model, and trying different ways.
>> >
>> > HTH

0
lrb1 (101)

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook