Excel Spreadsheets - hidden rows

Can someone help?  This is the first time I have asked for help. I am new to
Excel and have just developed a spreadsheet that adds up several columns for
me.  I have, it seems, applied the correct formula to work out different
percentages in several columns for me.  I am quite pleased with myself.

I had to delete several rows from the spreadsheet but I selected "Hide"
instead of "delete" on the rows that I wanted to remove!

I realise now that the text has been hidden away but the total still
includes the figures in that row!  How can I reveal the rows that I have
hidden  away to enable me to delete them from the final calculation?

--
Nanny Barb - Retired
0

Hi,
let's say that you hide rows 4 and 5, so in your spreadsheet you see rows 3
and then 6, highlight first row and last row after the hidden ones, right
click on the mouse unhide

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"barbardn" wrote:

> Can someone help?  This is the first time I have asked for help. I am new to
> Excel and have just developed a spreadsheet that adds up several columns for
> me.  I have, it seems, applied the correct formula to work out different
> percentages in several columns for me.  I am quite pleased with myself.
>
> I had to delete several rows from the spreadsheet but I selected "Hide"
> instead of "delete" on the rows that I wanted to remove!
>
> I realise now that the text has been hidden away but the total still
> includes the figures in that row!  How can I reveal the rows that I have
> hidden  away to enable me to delete them from the final calculation?
>
> --
> Nanny Barb - Retired
0
Eduardo (134)
7/22/2009 4:50:02 PM
Have you tried this?:
http://spreadsheets.about.com/od/excelformatting/qt/070814unhiderow.htm
Hi,

If you don't want any rows hidden click the top left corner of the sheet
(between the row numbers and column letters) and press Ctrl+Shift+(

If you just want to unhide certain rows highlight across those rows (say
A3:A10 when A4:A9 are hidden) and press Ctrl+Shift+(

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"barbardn" wrote:

> Can someone help?  This is the first time I have asked for help. I am new to
> Excel and have just developed a spreadsheet that adds up several columns for
> me.  I have, it seems, applied the correct formula to work out different
> percentages in several columns for me.  I am quite pleased with myself.
>
> I had to delete several rows from the spreadsheet but I selected "Hide"
> instead of "delete" on the rows that I wanted to remove!
>
> I realise now that the text has been hidden away but the total still
> includes the figures in that row!  How can I reveal the rows that I have
> hidden  away to enable me to delete them from the final calculation?
>
> --
> Nanny Barb - Retired

number rounding in MS Excel

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

How to place a stable title row?
Hi there! For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than 1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top, while you scroll up and down the rest of the content. I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult to enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column. Thanks for your help in advance! One way: Assuming headers are in row1, Select A2. Click Window > Freeze pane This freezes the 1st row, so it always remains in view w...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

How do I disable the handicapped feature in Excel?
Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does anyone know how to reverse this? Duh! Nevermind. Not an Excel problem. Control Panel - Handicapped feature. Thanks. "TIrish" wrote: > Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to > hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does > anyone know how to reverse this? ...

display in taskbar in excel 2000
Hello, Have a problem! I work with Office 2000 and excel does not open more than onw screen in the taskbar. Windows in Taskbar, I checked in Excel. Clustered display is turned off in the properties of the Taskbar. Can anyone help me with this problem prog, get it only if I 2x open excel. Regards Rob Hi Rob, I can't figure out what exactly what is happening in your excel but try this, Go to TOOLS (Menu Bar) then OPTIONS, in VIEW tab just CHECK the Windows in Taskbar. Hope this will help. ~jaeson ...

Check if date is between two dates, then sum only those rows
I have tab1 with begin date in column A, end date in column B. Basically they are weeks, Mon-Sun (e.g. 01/04/2010 and 01/10/2010 in A/B resp.). Tab2 has data I'd like to count and sum. The transaction date is in column B. I want to sum tab2 column G (and a few other columns). Tab2 will be dynamic as I add records to it. Tab1 remains static with each week comprising one row. -- streetcar The best tool for it is a pivot table. Put in your layaut col A & B in row section, col G in Data section (double click to change it to sum - "sumarize by") Click yes...