excel question borderline programing

here is what i am trying to do. lets say i want cell a1 to reflect upon
cell b1. b1 can represnt 1 of 2 things what ever it may be. if b1
contains lets say x or (2pm-6pm) to make cell a1 represent an (*). but
if b1 then has y or somthing like (req off) make a1 either be 0 or
better yet be blank. is this possible? email me dkuhl75@yahoo.com.
thank you

duane

0
dkuhl75 (4)

Hi Duane,

Put   =IF(B1="x","*","")  in cell A1 if you want it to return blank
or  =IF(B1="x","*",0) if you want it to return 0

HTH
Martin

0
mtmw (348)

Reorganize excel listing
I need to develop a product/order list from an existing list in a different format. I have attached both. Is there VBA code that can do this for me.?? CustNo P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 A1234 15 18 A3245 10 B3456 D3459 23 35 From the above sheet, I need code to create listing as follows: On the first sheet the field names P1,P2,P3…..are product code CustNo ProdCode Quantity A1234 P1 15 A1234 P3 18 A3245 P5 10 D3459 P2 23 D3459 P7 35 Thanks for any ideas. To reorganize the data, you can use the "unpivot' technique described by ...

Question on mapping item table fields when loading items from a fi
I am trying to load an item file from a distributor into RMS. I am confused about where to put the UPC code and the item number. IF I put this Distributors item code, for example ESTT1434 for a certain moodel rocket starter set, in the Item Lookip Code field, where do I put the UPC code? I read on some threads here where Some people said put the UPC code in the ILC field, but then where does the item code go? Mark, Most enter the UPC into the Alias database. Some use the UPC as their ILC, then it becomes the "item code". Disty's code for the item goes into the Supplie...

question about CRM architecture (PBQ (Play Back Queue) in particular)
Does anyone have (or can point me to) any information on CRM's use of the PBQ (Play Back Queue) for offline buffering? I'm primarily wondering if it is utilizing an MSMQ-based queue for its implementation. The reason is that we need to architect offline buffering for custom CRM extension applications (for situations where a salesman's laptop is not connected to the network) and then have the activities "played back" when the laptop is reconnected to the actual server, and would like to "piggy back" onto CRM's PBQ if possible. I'm open to any and all s...

Excel file in use error
This error occurs with spreadsheets which contain macros, they cannot be ammended nor deleted by a network administrator! any ideas???? ...

Can't print a group of spreadsheets Excel 2003
I use to be able to group spreadsheets and print the group in Excel 97. When I try to do the same thing in Excel 2003, it ungroups the spreadsheets and will just print the first worksheet. It works fine for me (xl2003). Any chance your fingers slipped? Or you have a macro running that controls your printing? DebbyD wrote: > > I use to be able to group spreadsheets and print the group in Excel 97. When > I try to do the same thing in Excel 2003, it ungroups the spreadsheets and > will just print the first worksheet. -- Dave Peterson ...

Super Stupid Question......
OK, I feel like an idiot because I have to ask this question. I think it must be an easy answer. I have created a SDI app using app wizard. Currently it displays a blank page when the app is started. I want to take a CFormView dialog created as a Resource and make it the template for the window. How do I do this? Jethro, If your App Wizard SDI app currently is based on a CView object and not the desired CFormView class have a look at these 5 steps... step 1. create your dialog resource. make sure the style property is set to Child (NOT Popup), and set the Border property to none - t...

Paste Special, Text in Excel 2007
I'm copying data from a web site to an Excel 2007 worksheet. Specifically, I'm creating a database of my DVDs and using IMDB as a source of information, specifically the release date of the movie. Right now I'm copying the date from the web page, right-clicking on the appropriate cell and selecting Paste Special and then selecting Text. This is getting to be too repetitive to be convenient. Is there a keyboard shortcut to do this? I'd love to just hit Ctrl-V (or something similar) to paste it as plain text with no HTML codes or formatting. -- "Pinky, are you pon...

Presentation quality Excel tables?
HI all, After collecting many data, I want to summarize data into a table and then put into both powerpoint and Word document for presentation and report use. Could anybody show me how to design a Excel table that really looks great? Any templates? I designed a bunch of tables myself and because I am lacking of artistic senses, my tables look ugly... One requirement is that I have to make this data table in Black/White, because in the report, mostly people print it out in Black/White, the color will get distorted if it document is in color mode. To save overall time, why don't I just de...

Formula to copy cell in Excel from on file to another
Hi, I have 19 excel files in a folder and I have created another excel file (B) in which I am trying to set a formula that can look in Cell "A6" which has the path with the file name of the first file (1) then copy From the first File (1) cell "L25" an place it in Cell "Y6" of File (B). I want the file names or file names with the path to be in file (B) so that I can change the name easily instead of changing all formulas. Hope I have clear explanation! Thanks, The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work ...

Stock Quotes on Excel 2007
Just upgraded from Windows XP to Vista and from Office XP(2002) to Office 2007. In Excel 2002 I had downloaded a Microsoft add-in which would obtain stock info (name, current price, etc.) from any stock symbol. Apparently this add-in does not work on Excel 2007. There must be a straightforward way to get my stock quotes in Excel 2007, but Microsoft is doing a good job of hiding it. (1) Is this feature built into Excel 2007? (2) Will the older add-in work with 2007, even though it doesn't say it will? I really need this feature, Can someone help? Most add-ins will work with Exc...

Removing the "broom" that pops-up in Excel
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. Frustrating! Tools|options|Edit tab uncheck show paste option buttons (and anything else you want disabled) LynnMcolorado wrote: > > Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I > copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in > my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. > Frustrating! -- Dave Peterson ...

Very simple question
Hi everyone, I'm new to Visual C++. I'm trying to write an application which takes user input (like an int), does some calculations, and displays the results in a window on screen. I've created an edit box for the user to enter the int, and added a variable which will take on the value of this int. How do I display the result of the calculation? I suspect I need to create a dialog box and use some variation of a Set command. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help. Daryl Try creating another edit box for the output? Daryl wrote: > Hi everyone, ...

Excel 2007 with two windows in Windows 7
Hi, I'd like to be able to have two separate Excel windows every time I open an xlsx file, whether by double clicking it or by going to the MRU file list in Excel 2007 or through the open dialog. I had this in Excel 2007 in Vista, using the reg patches that are out there and changing the dde settings in Excel. But once I installed Windows 7 and re-installed Office, the old instructions no longer work. This is a real pain and hurts productivity because it makes comparing two spreadsheets annoying. If I want to compare two spreadsheets, I can't just grab them fro...

newbie question...
Hi, I would like to get a confirmation about a very basic thing on a exchane 2k. I would like to define limits on the email usage (incoming and outgoing max size and the storage size) on a server basis. But there is some users that requires more space than what will be allowed. does the configuration sets "by user" will "overwrite" the server settings? example: the servers limits incoming mail size 5MB outgoing mail size 5MB total storage size 50MB but user1 needs 100MB and 10MBincoming outgoing. (sorry for asking this right away, i know that RTFM would have give...

Converting Adobe files into Excel files
Does anyone know of a good software that will convert files save as Adobe into workable excel spreadsheets. Any recommendations would be appreciated. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM011628581033.aspx They have a product on the above link that converts PDF Files into Excel or Word. Not sure if it will do what you need, but they have a free trial to download. I downloaded the trial and found it worked alright, but it doesn't have to many options on how to transfer the information. See what you think. "sweetsue516" wrote: > Does anyone know of a goo...

Excel based schedule
I have a multipage spreadsheet that all works except for one part. Let me show you what my sheet says and then I will explain what in need from it. On Page 1: Start Date End Date Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday (T/F check box for each, linked to the cell beneath each day) And on another page I am trying to work with the selected days. On Page 2: Cell "A1" list the Date of the first day checked, in cell "B1" list the day of the first day checked, in cell "A2" list the Date of the second day checked, in cell "B2&...

EXCEL: Permission to wrkbk restrict:Inform. Rights Manag. config p
Dear All, I am using MS Office 2003 EXCEL and have already tried to and installed an EXCELff hotfix sent to me by Microsoft. The EXCELop file would not install. This is all due to the following problem with EXCEL 2003: When I attempt to open my EXCEL files with password protection on them I receive the following message: Permission to this workbook is currently restricted. Microsoft Office must connect to https://licensing.drm.microsoft.com/licensing to verify your credentials and download your permission. When I click on the OK button I see the initiation of a new box indicating ...

Message Rules question
A friend uses XP. When he awakens his pc from slumber each am he sees a note ref a few unopened email messages awaiting, so this am he had 4 unopened messages..but what the note didn't tell him was he also had a further 10 messages he hadn't read that had gone directly into other folders via message rules. Don't suppose he could arrange to see the total number of unopened email messages at a glance (without having to seek out and tot up all those from the various sub folders)? Thanks. The Welcome Screen message has nothing to do with Outlook Express. Compliments ...

WMC Remote Question
I have WMC 6.1, Windows 7 64bit Home Premium and use a Linksys DMA2100 to play exclusively music files on my computer, I had lost the small remote which came with the Linksys, and replaced it with a =93MCE Remote Control andRreceiver for Windows Vista Home Premium and Ultimate=94=94. It woks fine for controlling the extender and operating WMC. But according to the enclosed instructions, the remote should also be able to =93learn=94 the commands to operate the TV=92s volume, mute, and on= / off controls=94. It does so by placing the remote into a =93learning mode, then placing it...

General Discussion Group Questions
1) Can I expand the thread & message panes for easier reading 2) Is there a quick way to locate a specific thread I'm following when I get back into Office Discussion Groups (e.g., is there a "reference #" or "post time" that I can display for each thread)? If not, recommendations Thank you Anita Use a real newsreader as opposed to the CDO at MS support site. Windows come with one (Outlook Express), that way you can flag messages and delete etc.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Anita" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A...

Excel is "frosting"
Hi, I'm working with Excel 2003. When I'm working on a specific document that I've copied and paste informations from the Net (FedEx), it was just text, no hyperlink or images, this document won't save after 35 minutes that I'm working on it. If I save every 15 minutes, it will work but after 35 minutes, it said "Not Responding" and I have to close Excel. I have the recover document but it always misses the latest changes that I've made. I've lost 2 hours and a half on that, I had 935 rows of text, I've deleted about 800 of them but it won&#...

Excel 2010 Service Pack 1
For those who may not know, Office 2010 Service Pack 1 is now available at Microsoft's site. The bulk of the fixes seem to be for OneNote, but a few are listed for Excel. -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA http://OakRoadSystems.com Shikata ga nai... tkx Stan, The Office 2010 SP1 is released as KB2460049. 32-bit (x86) Office 2010 SP1 Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d2e1282-8b69-418b-afa0-9f61239ec8be Direct Download Link (US English): http://download.microsoft.com/...

Access to Excel 11-03-07
I'm trying to export/import the results of an Access parameter query to a particular range of cells in a pre-existing Excel worksheet. Can this be done programatically, and if so, is it best to do it from within Access or within Excel. I've tried several methods (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet, Export from the file menu, etc.) but they just create a new worksheet or want to overwrite my existing sheet. So far, the only way I've been able to do it is to run a make table query in Access to create a temporary table, then open the Excel worksheet, select the beginning cell in the ra...

How to make Three Bars and one line with a second axis in EXCEL
I want to make a Chart in EXCEL such that I canhave three or more BARS and one Line..The line I want in a second axis. Let's say you have three series that you want for bars and one that you want plotted as a line. Create a bar chart using all 4 series. Select the series that you want to change to a line and right click on the series. You can change the chart type for the series at this point. I believe it will put it on a secondary axis automatically. "JAS123" wrote: > I want to make a Chart in EXCEL such that I canhave three or more BARS and > one Line..T...

fopen question
Hi, I am working in VS2005 Environment, while I use the following statements to open a file, it turns out an error, could anybody tell me why? CString sFileName = CString("f:\aa.dat"); fopen(sFileName,"rb"); While these two lines could execute in VS2003 Environment successfully! Thanks in ahead for any helpful ideas! -ja > I am working in VS2005 Environment, while I use the following statements > to open a file, it turns out an error, could anybody tell me why? And what is the error? -- Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Windows - SDK] http://www.mi...