Excel help please

How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines?

I am trying to install Excel to my computer.  On the box it does not indicate
that Microsoft Office 2003 is necessary and I don't have Office 2003.  Is
that why I cannot install Excel?

--
George

"Anthony" wrote:

> How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines?
You should be able to install Excel as a stand-alone.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"george" <george8798@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> I am trying to install Excel to my computer.  On the box it does not
indicate
> that Microsoft Office 2003 is necessary and I don't have Office 2003.  Is
> that why I cannot install Excel?
>
> --
> George
>

> "Anthony" wrote:
>
> > How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/22/2006 9:50:26 AM
george wrote:
> I am trying to install Excel to my computer.  On the box it does not indicate
> that Microsoft Office 2003 is necessary and I don't have Office 2003.  Is
> that why I cannot install Excel?

Exactly what error message are you getting?

gls858
0
gls858 (460)
2/22/2006 4:12:04 PM
Hi Anthony..........
Excel doesn't do that as a standard feature (at least not my 97).  The only
way I can accomplish it is to use the CAMERA icon to take a picture of a
section of the sheet I want overlaid on the clipart and then move it into
position and do FormatPicture > ColorsAndLines > NoFill.........then you can
change values in the original range and the "imitation cells" on the overlay
will change value accordingly.....

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Anthony" wrote:

> How to add clip art in excel behind text & grid lines?
0
CLR (807)

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Excel Mail Merger Problem
When merging excel with word for..my currrency field is dropping off zeros to the right of decimal point..if field has $ 56.03, it imports correctly, but if it is $56.00, it comes in as $56, if it is $56.30, it comes in as $56.3...this process is for invoices..any advice (I've tried everything)? Debra Dalgleish has given the following reply in newsgroups http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EBB0685.5080002%40contextures.com and has also identified the following MS KB articles in such as : http://google.com/groups?threadm=3DFA8DA8.6000209%40contextures.com 304387 - WD: Date, Phone N...

excel charts #24
Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? Hi, Move off the chart, press the Shift or Ctrl keys and select the chart. Then right-click it and choose Format Object On the Properties sheet select Don't move or size with cells -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Lorena" wrote: > Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with > different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? ...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?
The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say, ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother. Thanks. On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works. What version software / Excel are you using? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www....

Excel 2002
Have several spreadsheet files I use routinely. Three have recently crashed after I added another sheet. In each case the document recovery created a file missing all the color and text formats that the file contained before the crash. Not sure what other changes may have occurred. Is there something wrong with the copy of Excel on my PC? Could these three files be corrupt? Is there a procedure to "clean-up" these files? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Mark Hi sounds like they are corrupted. I would suggest to copy the data + formats to a new, 'fresh' workbook. ...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

Macro help #12
Hi, I am working on a macro in Excel 2003 Pro, and everytime I go to sort a column of data. There are about 10 rows of data in about 200+ columns. I can only get the macro to sort the column that I edited it with. How can I create the macro, so each time I click on the first row of each column, click the macro button I will assign to the toolbar, then that row will be sorted, and do this for each column? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Jeff Garrett (user_jeff@hotmail.com) Hi Jeff please post your current code and then we can suggest changes to it. Cheers JulieD "...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a con.
How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a control chart? I want to draw lines for target, min value and max values. How I can do that without having to make complete data series? Judy, Jon Peltier has just updated his site to include a Run chart that you could revise to be a control chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html Jon also has an example of a dynamic control chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#CtrlCht ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Judy" wrote: > How do I easily draw in ...

FIX at bottom-right of Excel screen. Know what it means?
When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing this? It means you have fixed decimal settings checked under tools>options>edit -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bobbert" <Bobbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFFD8EFF-D7A2-42D8-862E-E0B1F535A5BE@microsoft.com... > When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the > CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing > this? Tools>Options&g...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

HELP!!! 08-30-03
please elp me. my mom is a medical transcriber and she has a dictionary she uses through windows 98. and her comp has no memory, so we need to update her operating system inoder to put more memory on there. she needs her dictionary and i was wandering how to access it and if possible how to save it on to a cd. thank you for ur time Dear jason you have to have a dictornary corect i have one i could email you if you like just email me back i mean i use this dictornary really well and it works for 95-Xp so if you want give me a hollar ok peace out danny "jason" <jasonr_206@hotm...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

help with installation isue
Hope this is correct NG When I try to run `Karens replicator` (for external backup) My PC automatically runs an installation for publisher 2003 and then gives error message........... Istallation error require file SKU019.CAB then asks for original CD to be inserted. Publisher still works ok I can`t see what the relationship between the 2 are, how do I stop this trying to install? thanks -- Rent a villa in Turkey http://www.freewebs.com/turkeyrent/ I would suggest aksing the folks over at karenware.com. http://www.karenware.com/powertools/troubl...

Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)
When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two solutions I can think of is 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea. 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that way by using a macro but that is a last resort. Dear Robert, 1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't. 4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font? 5) Refrase your text ... Fran...

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using the page number function. All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own page number. But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as Page 1). What's the problem? Do I actually have to put a page number, one by one, on each worksheet? I cannot replicate your problem with 2007. Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did. After grouping and adding a header of Page 1 did you do a print p...

HR Help menu
The Help menu is not available in the Employee file screen. Also there is not at this time any french version help menu available with HR. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/de...