Excel formula #9

I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula? Description of what
I want.:

if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but if cell
is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell Can some one help Please. I am
new with excel and am not sure how to do this.. Thanks

0
DavidF (157)

Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:04:06 -0800 from David franklin
<DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com>:
> I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula?
>
> if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but
> if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell

And if it's equal to 49?

The first step in writing a formula is to get clear on what you're
trying to do.

                                  http://OakRoadSystems.com/
been my life work."  -- Marie Dressler, in /Dinner at Eight/
Sorry if question is not clear. if cell is 48" or less I want to add 3" to
the cell examples (48+3=51) (25 + 3 =28) if cell is 49 or greater the I want
to add 6" to cell (50 +6 =56) ... in one cell (c11) I will put the number in
a different cell (D15) I want the answer

"Stan Brown" wrote:

> Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:04:06 -0800 from David franklin
> <DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com>:
> > I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula?
> >
> > if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but
> > if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell
>
> And if it's equal to 49?
>
> The first step in writing a formula is to get clear on what you're
> trying to do.

>                                   http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> "If there's one thing I know, it's men. I ought to: it's
> been my life work."  -- Marie Dressler, in /Dinner at Eight/

0
DavidF (157)
2/4/2008 3:53:01 AM
Try this in cell C11

=IF(C11="","No data",IF(C11<49,C11+3,C11+6))

George Gee

"David franklin" <DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry if question is not clear. if cell is 48" or less I want to add 3" to
> the cell examples (48+3=51) (25 + 3 =28) if cell is 49 or greater the I
> want
> to add 6" to cell (50 +6 =56) ... in one cell (c11) I will put the number
> in
> a different cell (D15) I want the answer
>
> "Stan Brown" wrote:
>
>> Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:04:06 -0800 from David franklin
>> <DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com>:
>> > I need some help Please. not sure how to write a formula?
>> >
>> > if cell is equal to 48 or less then I want to add 3 to the cell but
>> > if cell is greater the 49 then I want to add 6 to cell
>>
>> And if it's equal to 49?
>>
>> The first step in writing a formula is to get clear on what you're
>> trying to do.
>>
>> --
>> Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
>>                                   http://OakRoadSystems.com/
>> "If there's one thing I know, it's men. I ought to: it's
>> been my life work."  -- Marie Dressler, in /Dinner at Eight/

0
georgegee (154)
2/4/2008 7:57:28 AM
Sorry, correction..... should be

Try this in cell *D15*

"George Gee" <georgegee@nomaps.com> wrote in message
> Try this in cell C11
>
> =IF(C11="","No data",IF(C11<49,C11+3,C11+6))
>

> George Gee
>

> "David franklin" <DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry if question is not clear. if cell is 48" or less I want to add 3"
>> the cell examples (48+3=51) (25 + 3 =28) if cell is 49 or greater the I
>> want
>> to add 6" to cell (50 +6 =56) ... in one cell (c11) I will put the number
>> in
>> a different cell (D15) I want the answer
>>
>> "Stan Brown" wrote:

>>> And if it's equal to 49?
>>>
>>> The first step in writing a formula is to get clear on what you're
>>> trying to do.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
>>>                                   http://OakRoadSystems.com/
>>> "If there's one thing I know, it's men. I ought to: it's
>>> been my life work."  -- Marie Dressler, in /Dinner at Eight/

0
georgegee (154)
2/4/2008 8:02:35 AM
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:53:01 -0800 from David franklin
<DavidF@discussions.microsoft.com>:
> Sorry if question is not clear. if cell is 48" or less I want to add 3" to
> the cell examples (48+3=51) (25 + 3 =28) if cell is 49 or greater the I want
> to add 6" to cell (50 +6 =56) ... in one cell (c11) I will put the number in
> a different cell (D15) I want the answer

=if(C11<=48,C11+3,C11+6)

Note that you *still* have not specified what to do if the number is
between 48 and 49, so it's possible the above won't do what you want
if C11 is 48.2.

                                   http://OakRoadSystems.com
A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top posting.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Copy/Pasting formulas
My formula is =PH1!A25 for one cell on my worksheet. I need the same formula in the other cells in my column. When I do that I get the following in the cells I pasted to.... =PH1!A26 =PH1!A27 =PH1!A28 and so on. Is there a way to copy the formula and have it count like this.... =PH2!A25 =PH3!A25 =PH4!A25 and so on. Any and all help is very much appreciated. =PH1!A25 Hi Rizing, I not sure, if I understand wath are you looking for, but try it: =indirect("ph"&lin(a1)+1&!"&"$A$25") copy it down hth -- regards from Brazil Thanks in advan...

how do i import into outlook from excel
have a file which has the names, address etc on each row. For example row 1, name, row 2 address, row 3 city and state, row 4, phone. Can this somehow be imported into outlook contacts? It is a large file and would take quite a lot of work to drag each record from its row, into a column format. But i do want to get it into the OUtlook contact list, for sales calls. Thanks Have you tried File-->Import from Outlook's menus? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "RF" <RF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC9A4FB-C21F-4512-93EF-3...

Excel 2010 to be able to embed like Google Apps?
I am using Google Apps, but with Office making a move to web apps I want to start using it when its released. With Google apps, I am able to use your spreadsheet app, then publish it as an public HTML file. When I want to update that HMTL file, I open the related spreadsheet and update it. I click save and the public HTML file is updated within a few min. Will Excel 2010 do that? I assume something like that will be ready on SharePoint 2010, but how about Skydrive? ...

Excel 2000 crashes Win98 when I save. All reloads failed.
I'm running Office 2000 and Windows 98. Excel crashes badly when I save. Two Ctrl-Alt-Deletes get me as far as "exit excel" but that doesn't work. I always have to reboot. I have reloaded Windows 98 twice. I have removed Office 2000 completely and then reloaded it, again twice. I don't have antivirus software on this machine. Other machines with antivirus aren't detecting any virus activity on my zip disk files. I at least have a router and I don't use MS Outlook, which cuts down on viral attacks. Yahoo mail screens incoming email files. Is there s...

Exporting to Excel files
I am currently working on an Access97 database application, and when I export a table to an Excel spreadsheet, I find that my dates turn out as other than I would expect or want. For instance, "00/01/01" will sometimes be displayed "00/01/01", sometimes as "01-Jan-00" or something similar. What I need is a way to force ALL dates to be exported to spreadsheet format in the format "YYYY/MM/DD". Is there a way to do this, efficiently? Or perhaps I will have to recreate my table with the date fields as text and put the dates in there as I expect them? (a r...

Excel Shortcuts
Hi, Is there any place I could go to find all the short cuts on Excel. Thanks! You will find them in the HELP menus if you search for SHORTCUTS. Either that or you will see the short cut for individual actions in the drop down menus. -- Brod "Peterite" <benfernando@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OGlO8zd0EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any place I could go to find all the short cuts on Excel. > > Thanks! > > Hi http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Peterit...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

plz help in to creat formula of excel
hello to all i want to discuss my problem with you related to MS excel. i want to know or find out formula of excel which can help me in such way.... i want to make grade point of my college students in such a way.. for example.... marks grade point average 50 1 53 1.3 60 2 68 2.8 70 3 76 3.6 80 4 84 4 89 4 90 4 98 4 100 4 this is example the student who get 50 marks the GPA will be 1 and who get 80 marks or above 80 the GPA should be 4 GPA should not less than 1 or grator than 4 please tell me the formula so that i can make this GPA thanks a lo -- khushe --------------------------...

How do I work in excel and then save it as a doc or docx?
I need to be able to work in excell and then save it in doc or docx format. If I cannot do this, can I make doc or docx so that I can use the automatic sum? In Word, you can use AutoSum of the Tables and Borders toolbar to sum the values in table. But when you change the values, you need to right-click the total value to refresh it. It can not update auto. Lee Li Fong http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/ Hi Nadine, You can open a Word document and Insert -> Object -> Microsoft Excel Worksheet Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Tiebreaker in a Index formula?
I need a tiebreaker for a formula. Right now the formula reads: =INDEX(A$3:A$21,MATCH(D28,Y$3:Y$21,0)) which works real well But when there is a tie it shows on one store twice instead of listing the two separate stores. I have two stores have the exact scores and it list the store with the lower store number twice. For example I have store 598 and store 698 both with a score of 100% but in the ranking of the stores it shows store 598 twice instead of 598 then 698. Is it possible to have a tiebreaker, with the index formula, that can list the stores in descending order, 598 first...

Can I embed or link multiple .pdf files into or to an excel file?
I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked files print along with it. use hyper link "GrubbyG" wrote: > I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I > would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link > those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked > files print along with it. ...

How do i secure my excel with a password?
I need to secure my excel with a password. How do i do that? Password for the worksheet: Tools|Protection|protect sheet Password to protect the windows structure/windows: Tools|protection|protect workbook Password to protect it from being opened: File|saveas|tools|General options|Password to Open (Password to modify will allow the user to open it, but not save their changes over your original file) Password to protect the project: Inside the VBE, Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab But security isn't much for any of these. There is software that y...

Excel 2000 and collate option
Can someone tell me how to make collate off by default in all my documents? Every document I do has that box checked and I need that unchecked without having to do it manually each time. thanks Anyone? >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me how to make collate off by default in >all my documents? Every document I do has that box >checked and I need that unchecked without having to do it >manually each time. > >thanks >. > ...

insert row at each change of surname in excel
I have a list of 650 entries using 40 surnames - sometimes only appearing once, others 7 times. At every change in surname, I would need to insert a row. Thanks -- De something like this sub insertrows() for i=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1 if cells(i-1,"a")<>cells(i,"a") then rows(i).insert next i end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A3842A9-B2E7-4BCA-97B5-2D05917A2454@microsoft.com... >I have a list of 6...

problems switching speadsheets in excel 2000 using windows xp
I have a pc running XP Pro and Excel 2000 (office). The user has two or three speadsheet open at once. They are having problem using the alt tab to switch between sheets. If the use the windows they see them open and can click to change but would like to use alt tab ...

formula help #13
I volunteered to help set up a spreadsheet for a school fundraiser. I need help with a formula. The teacher wants to keep track of student profits. Basically, if a student sells 1-10 items, they receive $20 of credit, if they sell 11-20 items, they receive $20 in the account, etc, How would I set up a formula like that?? HELP Vivian K set up a table with the quantity to sell in one column and the corresponding credit in the next column. Then you can use a Vlookup formula using the actual amount sold as the lookup value to return the credit. See the help on Vlookup to see what you n...

excel worksheet #4
can you set all math funtions on a worksheet to round up without doing each one individually? Hi you may try 'Tools - Options - Calculate' And check 'Precision as displayed'. Now formating to two decimals for example will also make the value to round to only two decimals. Note: After applying this no way to restore the old values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ollieboy" <ollieboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2A65297E-6F74-4BF5-9AAF-295B6E26E00E@microsoft.com... > can you set all math funtions on a worksheet to rou...

display result of formula
How do I make a cell which contains a formula display the result of that calculation rather than the formula (it is formatted as "number" and I have tried "recalculating") Peter Peter Chadbund expressed precisely : > How do I make a cell which contains a formula display the result of that > calculation rather than the formula (it is formatted as "number" and I have > tried "recalculating") > Peter Change the cell format to 'General'. Redo the formula. Change the cell format to 'Number' and apply your display preferenc...

I Need a Formula for setting up what to charge for equipment rent.
i need a formula to set hourly charges for renting out construction equipment such as Backhoes, Bulldozers etc. You need to determine what the formula to calculate these charges are, in English, and then maybe we can help with the SS formula. -- HTH RP "chippian" <chippian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85434E7B-D99B-4FCE-9382-DF5FE1DE8EFF@microsoft.com... > i need a formula to set hourly charges for renting out construction equipment > such as Backhoes, Bulldozers etc. =IF(renter="BVL",$2/hr, $1000/hr) with grin best wishes -- Be...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

Excel / VBA / SQL DB
Anybody done any work with Excel / VBA / SQL DB? Can you give me some pointers on how I could do the following all in one VBA routine: 1) From a cell variable value (ie, user enters a customer code), I query table A and put the data into a worksheet starting from say cell A1. 2) A blank row is created after the last data line in point 1 above. 3) Using the same cell variable, query table B and put the data into the worksheet starting from the row after the blank row in point 2 above. and so on. Like I've said before I work with ASP all day and know about ADO connections, commands and...

Excel start up
How do you create a macro that will perform certain function in an excel spreadsheet that will go to cell b2 wait for me to type data go to cell b4 wait till I type data then proceed to cell e4 wait till data is input, then e5, and over and over for cells that i would choose. I am familair with macros, but don't know how to get it to stay until I type data in those cells. Also want this to perform for every worksheet that I open with this xls file. Thanks Jeff, How about creating a userform to input the data? Use text boxes on the form for data input. Put a command button on the...

Excel 2003 Copy/Paste filtered column
I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filtered column. It is not copying over the original filtered column but rather over cells that have been filtered out. The worksheet/cells are not protected. What could the problem be? Kind Regards Heather That's the way pasting works. It'll hit the visible and hidden cells. Heather wrote: > > I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, > changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filter...

copy-paste from excel to powerpoint
Office 97 When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour. Thanks so much for any help. Diana Select all the cells you are copying. Then: Format > Cells... > Patterns Then select white color ( bottom right) When the backgound color is set the gridlines vanish unless borders are turned on -- Gary''s Student "Cowtoon" wrote: > Off...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...