Excel: Conditional Formatting

Dear sir,

I found out it is very difficult to use the Conditional Formatting when I
meet the case as following:
Cell B2 contains a time:8:0AM and Cell B3 contains another time:10:00AM.  My
question is that in cell C1 which contains NOW() which is 9:00AM, and I want
the cell C1 become red color when the time in C1 fall between B2 and B3.

I found out that the Conditional Formatting has no such function at all.  Can
you advice?

Many thanks,
Wilchong

wilchong

Since NOW() returns *both* the DATE and TIME it will *always* be greater
than any time you have entered in your cells.

Use Conditional Formatting
Formula Is option:

=AND(B2<>"",MOD(C1,1)>=B2,MOD(C1,1)<=B3)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wilchong via OfficeKB.com" <u43231@uwe> wrote in message
> Dear sir,
>
> I found out it is very difficult to use the Conditional Formatting when I
> meet the case as following:
> Cell B2 contains a time:8:0AM and Cell B3 contains another time:10:00AM.
> My
> question is that in cell C1 which contains NOW() which is 9:00AM, and I
> want
> the cell C1 become red color when the time in C1 fall between B2 and B3.
>
> I found out that the Conditional Formatting has no such function at all.
> Can
> you advice?
>
> Many thanks,
> Wilchong

biffinpitt (3172)
2/18/2009 6:21:43 AM
On Feb 18, 8:58=A0am, "wilchong via OfficeKB.com" <u43231@uwe> wrote:
> Dear sir,
>
> I found out it is very difficult to use the Conditional Formatting when I
> meet the case as following:
> Cell B2 contains a time:8:0AM and Cell B3 contains another time:10:00AM. =
=A0My
> question is that in cell C1 which contains NOW() which is 9:00AM, and I w=
ant
> the cell C1 become red color when the time in C1 fall between B2 and B3.
>
> I found out that the Conditional Formatting has no such function at all. =
=A0Can
> you advice?
>
> Many thanks,
> Wilchong

cel-new/200902/1

You have to define two conditions in conditional formatting, one for
C1<B3, then click add and write the 2nd condition that is C1>B2, then
choose your formatting background.
For me it worked fine.

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Format for credit card numbers

Varying format
Is there any way to format a cell differently depending on the number of decimal places typed in? What I need is a minimum of 2dp but 3 if the typed entry matches. eg 1.2 appears as 1.20 and 1.234 appears as typed. TIA Ian Hi! Try formatting the cell with a custom number format such as 0.00## Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27494 "AlfD" <AlfD.1f5q6o@excelforum-nospam.c...

Excel error 1706

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...