Excel cell display

I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I
make that happen?
0
slantt (4)

Would
Insert> Comment
work for you?

"slantt" wrote:

> I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I
> make that happen?
0
ufopilot (81)
4/5/2007 12:02:08 PM
Yes, thanks - I found that after I posted of course (newbie to Excel).  I was
looking to see if there was a macro I could gen to do the same thing...

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

> Would
> Insert> Comment
> work for you?
>

> "slantt" wrote:
>
> > I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I
> > make that happen?
0
slantt (4)
4/5/2007 12:10:01 PM
another way would be:
Data>Validation>Settings

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

> Would
> Insert> Comment
> work for you?
>

> "slantt" wrote:
>
> > I want a text box to display when I click on a particular cell - how can I
> > make that happen?
0
ufopilot (81)

how do i change tick marks of excel graph from vb.net
I'm trying to change using VB.NET the tick marks from their default outside position and place them inside the graph. How can this be done? ...

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Create static text from cell reference

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Cell Format #4

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

Getting contents of adjacent cells

EXCEL caused an IPF in module OLEAUT32.DLL
I'm using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional on Win98-SE, I suddenly began getting the error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0187:653aac21. Registers: EAX=000047e9 CS=0187 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00010282 EBX=0040fd9c SS=018f ESP=0062b54c EBP=0062b5bc ECX=65350218 DS=018f ESI=00000000 FS=0f57 EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=00000001 GS=0000 I tried re-installing EXCEL but that didn't work. I changed the Oleaut32.dll with an older version and that also didn't work. I ran Office Setup and chose to run EXCEL from the CD and it went smooth without problems. ...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

conditional formatting in excel #3

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...