excel adding up columns

I have created a worksheet and put in a formula to add together 4 cells.
the resulting total is 1p less than when I add it together manually.
How can this be?

--
kinsey
0

See

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

In article <E1F1086E-6DF1-47E0-8376-7644E6874D07@microsoft.com>,
 kinsey <kinsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have created a worksheet and put in a formula to add together 4 cells.
> the resulting total is 1p less than when I add it together manually.
> How can this be?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/3/2007 12:42:53 PM
Many thanks, how do I change this in 2007 version?
--
kinsey

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> See
>
>     http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html
>
> In article <E1F1086E-6DF1-47E0-8376-7644E6874D07@microsoft.com>,
>  kinsey <kinsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have created a worksheet and put in a formula to add together 4 cells.
> > the resulting total is 1p less than when I add it together manually.
> > How can this be?

0
kinsey (18)
10/3/2007 12:59:00 PM
What "this"? The page I referred you to has several possible solutions,
most of which work as-is in XL07.

In article <D688C14F-EE75-45DC-8B99-FB2EFCC95784@microsoft.com>,
 kinsey <kinsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Many thanks, how do I change this in 2007 version?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/3/2007 1:44:24 PM
Which aspects of the link you were given did you think were specific to any
earlier version?
--
David Biddulph

"kinsey" <kinsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Many thanks, how do I change this in 2007 version?

> "JE McGimpsey" wrote:
>
>> See
>>
>>     http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html
>>
>> In article <E1F1086E-6DF1-47E0-8376-7644E6874D07@microsoft.com>,
>>  kinsey <kinsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I have created a worksheet and put in a formula to add together 4
>> > cells.
>> > the resulting total is 1p less than when I add it together manually.
>> > How can this be?

0
David

number rounding in MS Excel

update column

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Filters in Excel 2003

Public Folder link to Excel File

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel