Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files

Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am
finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by
double clicking either the file or a shortcut.  If I have Excel open and go
through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens
immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double
clicking the file with Excel closed.

Is there a fix for this?

0
Wowbagger

Wowbagger wrote:
> Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am
> finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by
> double clicking either the file or a shortcut.  If I have Excel open and go
> through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens
> immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double
> clicking the file with Excel closed.
>
> Is there a fix for this?

I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
interested to know if that works for you also.

gls858
0
gls858 (460)
6/13/2007 3:02:45 PM
> I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
> waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
> interested to know if that works for you also.

It did not help.

0
Wowbagger
6/14/2007 11:49:32 AM
Wowbagger wrote:
>> I have the same problem. I've found if I click the Office button while
>> waiting for the file to open it will open almost immediately. I'd be
>> interested to know if that works for you also.
>
> It did not help.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll mark this thread and if I find anything
that helps I'll post back.

gls858
0
gls858 (460)

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Excel 2007

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Where is the workspace file stored?

help with simple maths in excel

cant start outlook pst file to large

Planned Open Market Days

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

Slow receive via VPN
I'm using Outlook 2000 in Exchange mode via VPN over DSL. Everything works great except when someone sends mail with an attachment. Even a small attachment like a 150k Word doc locks up Outlook for about 45 seconds. If I have Outlook closed and open it to find the same attachment no problem. Only when Outlook is currently open and is receiving it is there a problem. I thought the mail was stored on the server and was only retrieved when requested. Why would it freeze only during receive? After Outlook starts working again I can retrieve the email in a couple of seconds. BTW, I have ...

Trying to read XML file into dataset

Incoming email slow to come in