EXCEL 2007 no longer add properly

In cell k17 I have the number 1
in cell l17 I have the number 2
in cell m17 I have the formula =+k17+l17(and the answer is 3 as it should be)
Here is the trouble. If I copy cell M17 down to M18 thru m20 I still get the
answer as 3 but there are no number in the k18 and l18 or k19 and l19 or k20
and l20
What has gone wrong?
Thanks

0
pcor (148)

Hi,

Did you recalcule the spreadsheet - press F9?  If this is the problem, then
choose Tools, Options, Calculation, Automatic

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"pcor" wrote:

> In cell k17 I have the number 1
> in cell l17 I have the number 2
> in cell m17 I have the formula =+k17+l17(and the answer is 3 as it should be)
> Here is the trouble. If I copy cell M17 down to M18 thru m20 I still get the
> answer as 3 but there are no number in the k18 and l18 or k19 and l19 or k20
> and l20
> What has gone wrong?
> Thanks

Since it is 2007 it's office button>excel options>formulas>workbook
calculation and automatic

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"ShaneDevenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E0C3D47C-9ADE-441F-AFFC-BD6E2B414824@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Did you recalcule the spreadsheet - press F9?  If this is the problem,
> then
> choose Tools, Options, Calculation, Automatic
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "pcor" wrote:
>
>> In cell k17 I have the number 1
>> in cell l17 I have the number 2
>> in cell m17 I have the formula =+k17+l17(and the answer is 3 as it should
>> be)
>> Here is the trouble. If I copy cell M17 down to M18 thru m20 I still get
>> the
>> answer as 3 but there are no number in the k18 and l18 or k19 and l19 or
>> k20
>> and l20
>> What has gone wrong?
>> Thanks

0
terre081 (3244)
9/30/2008 4:33:49 AM
bingo. and thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Since it is 2007 it's office button>excel options>formulas>workbook
> calculation and automatic
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "ShaneDevenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E0C3D47C-9ADE-441F-AFFC-BD6E2B414824@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did you recalcule the spreadsheet - press F9?  If this is the problem,
> > then
> > choose Tools, Options, Calculation, Automatic
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Shane Devenshire
> >

> > "pcor" wrote:
> >
> >> In cell k17 I have the number 1
> >> in cell l17 I have the number 2
> >> in cell m17 I have the formula =+k17+l17(and the answer is 3 as it should
> >> be)
> >> Here is the trouble. If I copy cell M17 down to M18 thru m20 I still get
> >> the
> >> answer as 3 but there are no number in the k18 and l18 or k19 and l19 or
> >> k20
> >> and l20
> >> What has gone wrong?
> >> Thanks

0
pcor (148)
9/30/2008 12:54:00 PM
bingo and thanks

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did you recalcule the spreadsheet - press F9?  If this is the problem, then
> choose Tools, Options, Calculation, Automatic
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "pcor" wrote:
>
> > In cell k17 I have the number 1
> > in cell l17 I have the number 2
> > in cell m17 I have the formula =+k17+l17(and the answer is 3 as it should be)
> > Here is the trouble. If I copy cell M17 down to M18 thru m20 I still get the
> > answer as 3 but there are no number in the k18 and l18 or k19 and l19 or k20
> > and l20
> > What has gone wrong?
> > Thanks

0
pcor (148)
9/30/2008 12:54:01 PM
THis is really different.
I did as you suggested and sure enough the setting was set to MANUAL. I then
when to EXCEL OPTIONS/FORMULAS and selected AUTOMATIC and save all. then I
went to the main page and clcicked on CVALCULATION(under Formalas) and
selected AUTOMATIC. All worked very well. Save the workbook and closed. When
I reopened the work book al the settingwere re set to MANUAL. Can you help
Thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Since it is 2007 it's office button>excel options>formulas>workbook
> calculation and automatic
>

> --
>

> Regards,
>

> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "ShaneDevenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E0C3D47C-9ADE-441F-AFFC-BD6E2B414824@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did you recalcule the spreadsheet - press F9?  If this is the problem,
> > then
> > choose Tools, Options, Calculation, Automatic
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Shane Devenshire
> >

> > "pcor" wrote:
> >
> >> In cell k17 I have the number 1
> >> in cell l17 I have the number 2
> >> in cell m17 I have the formula =+k17+l17(and the answer is 3 as it should
> >> be)
> >> Here is the trouble. If I copy cell M17 down to M18 thru m20 I still get
> >> the
> >> answer as 3 but there are no number in the k18 and l18 or k19 and l19 or
> >> k20
> >> and l20
> >> What has gone wrong?
> >> Thanks

0
pcor (148)
9/30/2008 1:12:01 PM
Hi

Is it the first workbook you opened in that Excel session?
The setting is taken from the first workbook opened. If you have a file that
is being opened automatically when Excel starts, then ensure that it's
settings are set to Automatic Calculation, then Save it.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> THis is really different.
> I did as you suggested and sure enough the setting was set to MANUAL. I
> then
> when to EXCEL OPTIONS/FORMULAS and selected AUTOMATIC and save all. then I
> went to the main page and clcicked on CVALCULATION(under Formalas) and
> selected AUTOMATIC. All worked very well. Save the workbook and closed.
> When
> I reopened the work book al the settingwere re set to MANUAL. Can you help
> Thanks
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
>> Since it is 2007 it's office button>excel options>formulas>workbook
>> calculation and automatic
>>

>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Peo Sjoblom
>>

>> "ShaneDevenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:E0C3D47C-9ADE-441F-AFFC-BD6E2B414824@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Did you recalcule the spreadsheet - press F9?  If this is the problem,
>> > then
>> > choose Tools, Options, Calculation, Automatic
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> > Shane Devenshire

0
Roger
9/30/2008 2:34:09 PM
good stuff...thanks

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is it the first workbook you opened in that Excel session?
> The setting is taken from the first workbook opened. If you have a file that
> is being opened automatically when Excel starts, then ensure that it's
> settings are set to Automatic Calculation, then Save it.
>
> --
> Regards
> Roger Govier
>
> "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > THis is really different.
> > I did as you suggested and sure enough the setting was set to MANUAL. I
> > then
> > when to EXCEL OPTIONS/FORMULAS and selected AUTOMATIC and save all. then I
> > went to the main page and clcicked on CVALCULATION(under Formalas) and
> > selected AUTOMATIC. All worked very well. Save the workbook and closed.
> > When
> > I reopened the work book al the settingwere re set to MANUAL. Can you help
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
> >
> >> Since it is 2007 it's office button>excel options>formulas>workbook
> >> calculation and automatic
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>

> >> Peo Sjoblom
> >>

> >> "ShaneDevenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:E0C3D47C-9ADE-441F-AFFC-BD6E2B414824@microsoft.com...

0
pcor (148)

How can I email an excel file using my outlook contacts?
"cheflady" <cheflady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9C13E60-150D-4F03-B519-A8769F08CD0F@microsoft.com... > > <sigh> Please use the big white space to write your question........ exactly the same way you email ANY file..... go to file\send\mail recipient( as attachment) "Gordon" wrote: > "cheflady" <cheflady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:F9C13E60-150D-4F03-B519-A8769F08CD0F@microsoft.com... > > > > > > > <sigh> Please use the big white space to write you...

Help
Hi I have produced an Excel workbook for gathering exam results and giving a score to them, counting the number of passes over a certain level etc. Each sheet is one student and I have used a little macro to name the sheet according to the name entered at the top of the sheet. My summary sheet requires certain formulae to analyse results from each worksheet. The problem is, I can easily enter the row of formulae for one student - but there could be up to 50 in a workbook! The fill action does not increment through the sheet names either when they are re-named or when they have original na...

Localized Header/Footer formatting codes in Excel 2000
Hello, I would like to set the Header/Footer parameters of an Excel worksheet from a VC++/MFC application using formatting codes, for example: PageSetup page = worksheet.GetPageSetup(); page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &T")); // print date and time to header The problem is that my Office 2000 is a localized version (Hungarian), and Excel doesn't seem to recognize the &T code, only the localized version, which is &I. This code works fine: page.SetLeftHeader(_T("&D &I")); I recorded a macro, and the generated VBA code also uses the non-localized vers...

excel #31
We have a workbook that is used by a number of people on our network. Whenever I update this the updates do not show when people open the file. Can anybody help me ensure that the updated version shown. Save to a central folder where all users will have access to only that modified file. Sounds like they are opening their own version of the file so don't see your changes. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 06:50:01 -0700, Joy29 <Joy29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a workbook that is used by a number of people on our network. >Whenever I updat...

What is the maximum no of bytes that can be stored in a excel file
what is the maximun of bytes that can be stored in a excel file I am trying to save records from another Quest TOOL called (TOAD) into MS- Excel. Please let me know. Eagerly waiting for your reply Thank -- prekid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prekida's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2660 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39879 The limit on bytes depends on your computer's RAM. The max number of rows Excel can have is 65536 and the max number of columns is 256....

How do you change the data and input data into a chart on Excel?
Jon Peltier's Excel chart info may be useful to you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "unclemoko" <unclemoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF9FAFA-B657-4C21-A4CA-56B81EC5C27B@microsoft.com... > ...

Acrobat pdf form and Excel XML
Hello everyone, I have written a spreadsheet for some data and a chart to display that data. The data is over a two week period for shifts worked, sick leave days and overtime shifts. This is for administration staff to process. The next step was I wrote a pdf form in Lifestyle designer. The form has a layout for a two week period, the dates and columns for the information to be put in by the supervisor. Then there is a button on it for the supervisor to email the XML data to admin staff. The spreadsheet and pdf form work well. It is a problem I have with the XML data. Once the orig...

System State backup fails on 2008R2 DC with DPM 2007 SP1
This error occur when creating short-term recovery point to disk. Local backup on the 2008R2 DC complete successfully. "Run a synchronization job with consistency check..." always succeed. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. /Rune Flo. Alert from DPM 2007 SP1 (2.0.8861.0) server: Affected area: Computer\SystemState Occurred since: 05.01.2010 21:16:37 Description: The replica of System State Computer\SystemState on alpha.<domain> is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is ...

Using 'Add to Favourites' option on a shared calendar not working
In Outlook 2007 we have a few users who are unable to add a shared calendar to their Calendars->Other Calendars list. The steps that work on a mojority of computers are: 1. Go->Folder List. 2. Navigate to Public Folders->All Public Folders->...->Communal Calendar. 3. Right Click on Communal Calendar and select 'Add to Favourites'. 4. Click OK on 'Add to Favourites' dialog. 5. Go->Calendar and the calendar should have appeared under 'Other Calendars' list. However, in a few cases when OK is clicked in step 4 the calendar never appears in...

format a timesheet it adds the hrs but need a negative for flex
I have been working on a timesheet for work I've got the format to add the hrs for the day and the total for the week but when the overtime adds on to the flex it want give me a negative it just comes up with ######## can you please help thanks One way to show negative dates/times in excel is to use the 1904 date system. Tools|Options|Calculation tab Be aware that any dates in your worksheet will change by 4 years and a day. But if you're adding hours, how do you get a negative value? juls kartinyeri wrote: > > I have been working on a timesheet for work I've got the...

Sparklines for Excel
Hi NG, Sparklines are tiny charts, a new invention of the info design guru Edward Tufte. You might be interested to check out our sparkline implementation for Excel: http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Products_SparkLiner_Overview.html MicroCharts enhances your Excel chart library with sparklines, bullet graphs and other in-cell charts: http://www.bonavistasystems.com/ChartGallery%20Column%20Charts.html Charts are created from MicroCharts fonts that consist of bars, line segments and pies. A chart is represented as text that is formatted with the MicroCharts fonts. Dynamic chart formulas u...

Add To "Find & Replace" Drop Down List
Greetings, I am running Excel 2003 on an XP box. I have a lot of replacing to do on 60 similar workbooks. There are about 20 different combinations that I have to worry about. I have been using the "Find & Replace" under the Edit menu choice Edit>Replace. The drop down list only keeps the last 5 choices. Is there anyway to increase this number from 5 to 25? Any ideas will be most welcomed. -Minitman ...

EXCEL IQY Queries
I have created the Excel iqy queries from the third party reporting tools and during the process there is an option either to pass the User Login id and Pass word as a parameter or not. We have developed some queries using generic id so that the users do not have to pass the Login id and password and now we want to change that. Is there a way to modify that excelquery.iqy file without redoing that. can i see the sql script of that "iqy" file. can i modify that? Please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!! ...

formula = ADD whatever is not highlighted.
Hi. I have a workbook which I use as my monthly budget. I have tried other software made for that, but this is really what I like. As transactions go through, I "highlight" the cell, using a variety of colors. I would like 1 cell (presumably, one that would calculate, what is left to go through) to add only the cells that are not highlighted, in a certain range. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. These should help. Sub addnoncolor() mysum = 0 For Each c In [m1:m5] If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 2 Then mysum = mysum + 1 Next MsgBox mysum End Sub Sub whatcolor() For Eac...

Format Excel cells
Anyone could help me to solve this problem : How to format the selected cells so that it allows other users to "paste values" only(number from 0 to 100) to the cells. It rejects "paste" function which put formula, format etc into the cells. Thanks a million ! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

Opening/Saving an Excel Attachement
After opening an attachment in Excel or Word the default folder that it saves to is a temp folder in the local settings. How can you change this to default to the users my documents. Remember we have opened these documents from an email. ...

Excel 2002 File Extensions
I created a drawing in Excel 2002 and I want to be able to save it in a file extension such as .jpg, .gif or .png so I can use it in Dreamweaver MX2004. I do not see any way to SAVE AS any file at ALL in those file extensions. Am I NOT able to do that? and if not, WHY not? Thank you for your feedback. I am grateful. Richard... Just try to copy/paste it on power point, it have with the right-click the save as picture option. I was unable to find the option directly on excel, however as excel and power point are from microsoft, you should not lose anything when you paste in on PP....

Excel looking in wrong place for files
Hi, sometime ago I merged 2 partitions using PM8, and I was asked for a folder name, so I called My docs or something like that, and that folder was created on the said partition. Now when I go to open up a new file in excel it defaults to My Docs. So I formatted that partition changed all references in the Registry, rebooted and still excel is looking for new files in the wrong place. In fact the 'My Docs' folder no longer exists, so is there somewhere in Excel I can change its 'where to look' place? Thanks -- Bob H Leeds UK http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ContemporaryGifts4U...

Why does Excel in XP create new files?
Excel adds duplicate files - Assist Log (2).xle, asssits Log (3).xls. Why? Can I make this stop. It appears all the files are identical - so if I just delete the extra files will I be losing any data? hi, I think this is something new in xl relating to thier file recovery during a GPF shutdown. but i keep getting it even without a GPF. when i save, excel will just up and ask me which file i want to save leaveing me sitting there asking "what do you mean which file. i only have one." it's getting anoying. >-----Original Message----- >Excel adds duplicate files - ...

Powerpoint 2007 File Conversion
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I recently created a presentation on my work computer in Powerpoint 2007 with the following extension - .pptx. I'm unable to open this file with my current version of Office for Mac v.11.5.1. I get a dialogue box telling me to download Office 2004 Update 11.5.0 so that I can use the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac. When I download the installer and try to run it, I get an error message that states: "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the...

How do I prevent Excel from auto-correcting the date format?
I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this? One way is to format the input column / range as Text first (via Format > Cells > Number tab > Text > OK) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Watts" <Watts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16725A60-590A-4658-857A-2E6C8420D253@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects > it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from do...

Click Excel custom menu item via MFC automation
Hi, I have a question regarding custom Excel 2003 menu item click via MFC automation. The VBA version of the action I want to do is pretty straightforward: Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("NumeriX").Controls("Object Tools").Controls("Delete All Objects").Execute Now I need to translate the above line to C++ code. I already have the automation classes for CCommandBars, CCommandBar0, CCommandBarControls, CCommandBarControl classes generated by VS.NET 2003 class wizard. The interesting thing is that the get_Item() method of CCommandBarControl...

Problem with Excel opening multiple documents
Operating System : Win XP sp1 Excel 2002 sp2 Senario: Double click on xls document from explorer and the document opens fine in excel. Double click on another xls document from explorer and nothing happens. Try again and still nothing happens. Switch to excel to try File Open from the menu; However, Open is grayed out. Press esc key and the second xls sheet opens up. Anyone experience this problem or know of a solution to fix it ? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work t...

Excel 2003 vs 2002 problems
Hi, I have a large spreadsheet (80 MB) that was having some memory type issues in Excel 2002. I was told that 2003 has more memory. I upgraded today and noticed that the spreadsheet no opens better, i can copy/paste formulas better etc. However, I noticed that it calcualtes much slower than 2002. I have live stock data coming in via RTD links - the RTDThrottle is the same. I have run a sisde by side comparison (same spreadsheet running on two different systems - one with 2002 and the other with 2003) 2002 calculates much quicker. Does anyone know if I have to change something in...

Export from EXcel to jpg with 2007
Tom Ogilvy posted the following code some time back and it works wonderfully in Excel 2003 but, of course, encounters problems in 2007. Can anyone give suggestions for bringing it up to date for 2007? Sub ExportPicAsJpg() Dim chTemp As Chart Dim picCopy As Picture Dim dWidth As Double Dim dHeight As Double Dim shNew As Worksheet Set picCopy = Selection Set chTemp = Charts.Add Set shNew = Sheets.Add dWidth = picCopy.Width dHeight = picCopy.Height Application.ScreenUpdating = False With chTemp .SetSourceData Sou...