excel -10 sections - footer needs to say "Section # Page #

I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section
# page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet.
eg Section 1 Page 10 would the page 10 of the whole worksheet:
Section 3 Page 59 would be page 59 of the whole worksheet

0
Maggie (54)

I've used a macro to do this in WORD, but haven't ever tried it in EXCEL.
I'm guessing it would need a macro though.

"Maggie" wrote:

> I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section
> # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet.
> eg Section 1 Page 10 would the page 10 of the whole worksheet:
> Section 3 Page 59 would be page 59 of the whole worksheet

Thanks Barb I will try to do a macro but have never done one before in excel.
I have alway had trouble with them in word as well.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> I've used a macro to do this in WORD, but haven't ever tried it in EXCEL.
> I'm guessing it would need a macro though.
>
> "Maggie" wrote:
>
> > I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section
> > # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet.
> > eg Section 1 Page 10 would the page 10 of the whole worksheet:
> > Section 3 Page 59 would be page 59 of the whole worksheet

0
Maggie (54)

number rounding in MS Excel

multiple flyers per page?

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

printing 2 charts on single page

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Filters in Excel 2003

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Need HELP! for Linking data

Need to add to current formula

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003