Edit specific range in protected worksheet

Dear Sir/Mam,
I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. I protected a sheet but some
menu does not work when it is protectd. e.g. i want to go edit > fill >
series.

How it can be possible.

Thanks in advance

Rao Ratan Singh

If it's protected, you simply can't. You'd have to unprotect it first. Or
write a VBA procedure to unprotect, do the fill series, reprotect.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Sir/Mam,
> I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. I protected a sheet but some
> menu does not work when it is protectd. e.g. i want to go edit > fill >
> series.
>
> How it can be possible.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rao Ratan Singh

Wrapping text beyond the data range in Microsoft Excel
Good Morning: I would like to use the text wrapping idea but can't get the thing t work. I did all of the following without success. I didn't see any O to click and the text didn't wrap to the row below. What am I doin wrong? Thanks for your help, Kent. 1. Be sure that the text you typed was only entered into cell A1. 2. Select cells A1:E1. 3. Choose Edit, Fill, Justify (ALT+E+ I+J). 4. Click OK and the following message will appear: Text will exten below selected range -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com What are you trying to accomplish? Have you tried using A...

@How to change worksheets with keyboard
Sir, I have an excel 2007 file having many worksheets. why does it not showing any focus dots around the worksheet tab(like you see for html links and buttons when using TAB key) on any worksheet tab and how to select adjoining worksheets with keyboard (using arrowkeys or like in Mozila FF, changing tabs with Ctrl+ 1-9) Is there any addon for this? i dont want to click on worksheet tab to select them. you can see my other post here too. http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640 thanks in advance. sandeep Try: CTRL+PGUP/PGDOWN or: CTRL+SHIFT+PGUP/PGDOWN Micky ...

Sorting numbers into ranges i.e 0-1000,1001-2000 and getting count
Please help, I need to sort the following type cost apple 800 banana 1000 cherry 1500 banana 1050 banana 600 cherry 2500 apple 0 so that it sorts by type and then does count between ranges 0-1000 1001-2000, 2001-3000 i.e type 0-1000 1001-2000 2001-3000 apple banana "with a count here " cherry thanks mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: 1. Add a helper column to show your type. e.g. enter the following in column C / cell C1: =MAX(INT((B1-1)/1000),0)*1000 & " - " & (MAX(INT((B1-1)/1000),0)+1)*1000 and ...

Can't Edit Status of PO Lines
I have a PO on which a few of the lines cannot have their status changed. A Receipt has been created and posted as far as I can tell (there are no unposted batches...the receipt has a batch assigned to it...so I would think that means the batch was posted). For the item on the PO, the Status is "Released". If I attempt to change that to "Received" (or anything else), I get a message saying: "You can't change the status of this line item; it has unposted receipts assigned to it." Does anyone have any idea how to go about correcting this? On ...

Worksheet tab names
Is there an automatic way to rename worksheet tabs as per cell content. For example in cell C2, if there is name Smith i would like to rename the worksheet as Smith. Thanks in advance. Regards Jed Code ------------------- Sub renamer() ActiveSheet.Name = Range("C2").Value End Su ------------------- Hope this helps, Wil ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financia...

office xp pro academic edition
Can i set up xp pro academic edition if i'm not a student? "jds" <jds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDFCF087-0F20-4FBD-AAD3-1D66EF2C41B2@microsoft.com... > Can i set up xp pro academic edition if i'm not a student? Depends on license version. May be while in school only or employed only or it may be a perpetual license while you were a student. We can't answer that question. If you have never been employed or a student and obtained it through the school, you would be in violation of the license agreement but this version is...

2007 Excel Protecting a cell
I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007. I want to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry. How can I do this? -- Linda K Unlock the cells. When you protect the sheet do not allow "Format Cells" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:58:02 -0800, LindaAlex <Lindak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I found help on this for 2003, but does not work the same for 2007. I want >to protect a format in a cell but still allow data entry. How can I do this? That was a easy fix!! Thanks -- Linda K...

i need help with finding a specific formula
Hi Within Excel I want to be able to run the following formula. I want excel to do the following in laymans terms We have a coloumn of figures. I want excel to look through the coloumn and if any of the figures match I want to add a value on to the original value ! Hope that makes sense and hope someone can help Cheers You could do this with a pivot table. "Dave Edinburgh" <Dave Edinburgh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:934EF11A-8442-4A3C-9FCD-4185646C5AED@microsoft.com... > Hi Within Excel I want to be able to run the following formula. I want &g...

Cross worksheet references cannot be easily changed
I have a 21 worksheet, workbook. The first sheet is 'info' and contains common information used in the other 20 sheets. If I try to change a reference (for instance: change an '=info!$A$1' to let's say '=info!$A$5') what winds up in the cell is the literal '=info!$A$5', not the new common value. The way I am doing it is to create a new row, make it '=info!$A$5' (the new common value is now in the created row) and move it to replace the original cell. Am I doing something wrong? ...

Can't edit individual controls after using Form Tool
How can I edit individual controls after using Form Tool (e.g. sizing afects all like controls) Jim T wrote: >How can I edit individual controls after using Form Tool (e.g. sizing afects >all like controls) Well you didn't give us much to go on, so I'm going to take a wild stab and guess that you're using A2007 and you have a set of controls that are grouped, and you want to remove the grouping? If so, select the controls in question, go to the Arrange tab, then select Remove on the ribbon. -- ________________________ Sean Bailey Message posted via ...

Is there an easier way to address ranges??
Hi, I've created the bit of code below to copy a row of data from worksheets to one worksheet so that the rows are appended to each othe and then finally sorted. The code works fine but seems to be rather cumbersome. Is there a easier way of addressing ranges rather than having to create/defin them first? Any advice of my use of the other fuctions would also b greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dan Sub FindUniqueBSN() ' ' FindUniqueBSN Macro Dim WS1Name As String Dim WS2Name As String Dim WS3Name As String Sheets.Add.Name = "UniqueBSNList" WS1Name = "...

password protect vba code
is it possible to password protect vba code? if so how can it be done? Hi right mouse click on your workbook name in the VBE window .. choose VBAProjectProperties, and choose the Protection tab - you can set the password in there. But remember - passwords only keep honest people out :) Cheers JulieD "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OOR1s3T3EHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possible to password protect vba code? > if so how can it be done? > > Umm yes and no From the menu bar in the Visual Basic Editor: Tools/VBAProject Properties/...

How to let users add lines in lists in protected worksheets?
In Excel 2003, I have set up a protected worksheet with only a few cells unlocked, including a list. I want to let the users add lines to the list eventhough all the cells outside the list are protected. The users should not be able to add lines anywhere outside the list. Thanks. ...

401 times out on sending worksheet mssg to headquarters
Doing a 401 and backdating to beginning of year to get these records from store db (the store db was originally QS2000 and upgrade to 2.0 was done; 101 sync with HQ was done as well and both were successful); the test database connection on both server and client are successful, and 401 without backdating processes OK but the backdated 401 hangs at the end, after uploading store data to HQ is successful, then Sending Worksheet message to headquarters is the task that hangs and times out after an hour; upload bandwidth isn't the best, this may be the reason? Is there a KB or section...

finding dates in a range
Hi, This is related to VBA i need to try and find a date in range ("C:C"). if the date =< todays date + 365 ie 12 months or less, flash a message with the name in the same row but in column ("A:A"). firstly, is this achievable? im an access VBA person and havent done excel for a long time :( secondly, if it is, can it loop through the rows in column C until it reaches the end and flash a message for each date hitting this condition? hope someone an help :) Nigel Would one message box with all the names that meet the criteria do rather tha...

how to copy 2350 hyperlink full paths to any column in a worksheet ?
Hi all, First of all, thank for the help I received before. I have another question : I have an excel worksheet, with about 2350 entries. All of them have an hyperlink in column A. I need to find a way to copy ONLY THE HYPERLINKS FULL PATHS of all 2350 cells to column D, NOT THE CELLS CONTENT !! The reason is that from this column D, I can generate playlists without problem. In my search for a solution, I came across following UDF which did not work and gave an error. First of all, I'm not sure if this UDF will solve my problem an secondly, if it does, how can I repare it ? Functi...

VB range name problem!
hi everyone, I have a problem where I have macro code where i want to refer to a range name but excel won't recognise what i want it to do unless i put the cell reference in there. The code is listed below, cell I175 is range named "cash". any ideas? If Target.Address = ("$I$175") Then If Range("cash").Value <> 1 Then Range("debt_terms").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False Range("cash").Select Else If Range("cash").Value = 1 Then Range("debt_terms").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = Tru...

how do I find postings for a specific poster such as my own?
how do I find postings for a specific poster such as my own? Hi, There is a way to find your posts or the posts of another participant. For example, if you can find the post where you asked this question, do the following. 1. Use the following link to open the Microsoft Web page for "Discussions in Word General Questions," where you posted this question: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement&exp=1 .. (Similar links can be created for each of the newsgroups, but since you know that you posted t...

rank/small with multiple ranges
I'd like to refer to 3 different ranges of numbers and make a new list which(when copying down the formula) creates a list of all the numbers in ascending order. Can I use the rank function across multiple ranges? say a1-a10, c1-c10, and e1-e10(so you can't highlight the whole rnge in one shot) and make g1 show the smallest number in all the ranges, g2 show the second smallest, etc. tia, Dave Enter this & fill down 30 rows: =LARGE(($A$1:$A$10,$C$1:$C$10,$E$1:$E$10),ROW(A1)) "dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d0701c52fc4$95...

How toUpdateData() for a single edit box, not the entire dialog??
Using VC++ 6 I have created an MFC exe Dialog project. On the Dialog are many CEdit edit boxes. I have no problem updating data for the entire dialog, but I want to updata for only certain edit boxes at certain times. The following code seems like it should work, but it doesn't; it just has no effect. CEdit* myPoint; myPoint=(CEdit*)GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT2); myPoint->UpdateData(); It doesn't matter if it is UpdateData(TRUE) or UpdateData(FALSE). Similar code to show or hide CStatic texts works just fine. CStatic* myPoint; myPoint=(CStatic*)GetDlgItem(IDC_STATIC_0); my...

Worksheets are not being processed.
I've created several worksheets and while all of them are being approved, none are being processed. I've looked at the following things: 1) Headquarters Client sees a connection attempt from the 3 stores 2) The stores do not download the new worksheets or process them. The computer crashed so we set up a new computer with HQ Manager. Hi there, First check that you have a Store Schedule in HQ for each location. Then do a worksheet 401 to all stores. This in a perfect world will then automatically allow the schedule to be used for further database replication. Do you get a full ...

Show the Worksheet Tab Name in a Cell
Is there a function that allows the worksheet name to be shown in a cell. For example, say the worksheet name is "Totals", is it possible to have this display in one of the cells without having to type it in. This formula should work once the file has been saved -- =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) Rgds, Andy ...

Can worksheet data be exported/imported to/from flat file?
We have a software product which does structured data storage and retrieval of application data to and from the database. (Like almost any other application - nothing new here.) To allow customers to do ad-hoc extensions, we have a module which allows them to integrate their own spreadsheets. Alternatively, the client may contract with us to develop custom spreadsheets for them. This allows us to quickly integrate custom 'interfaces' with our app, according to each customer's needs. The problem with this, is that the 'code' (in our context VBA) is stored repetitively with ...

Select a range based on system date
Part 1 I have a spreadsheet that I want to open protected (locked). However, I want to unlock a specific range for data entry based on the day of the actual system date. For example if today is 11/5/08 then we want to unlock row 5, specifically cells B5:I5. I have experimented with several functions, which return the desired results, but I am not skilled enough to place them into a well-written VBA subroutine. Please note the following function examples that return the start and ending cells of the desired range. =ADDRESS(DAY(NOW()),2) this will display the start cell of the range (B5) an...

problem returning a range from a function
Hi, It has been years that I’ve been looking for the following, and I’m still looking. I have a function that will be used in a spreadsheet. I want to have one range (Range1) be the input range, with the result provided in a second range (Range2). The function call would be this…. Public function MyRangesFunction (Range1 as range, Range2 as range) Some code here MyRangesFunction = some_value (wish it could be a specified range) End function The only way I’ve been able to do this is via a subroutine and some fancy coding that spe...