e-mailing an excel sheet

How do I send a spreadsheet via e-mail without all the formulas and
formatting showing?

What do you consider as a "spreadsheet"?

A workbook and its worksheets or just a single worksheet?

Whatever the case, make a copy and clear formats and paste special>values.

E-mail that copy.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:29:02 -0700, 1bellavita2
<1bellavita2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I send a spreadsheet via e-mail without all the formulas and
>formatting showing?

0
Gord
10/8/2008 8:35:26 PM
<1bellavita2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in part:
>How do I send a spreadsheet via e-mail without all the formulas and
>formatting showing?
There are at least a few possibilities depending on what you mean.

1. You want to send a printout of the spread sheet.

   In this case  use a pseudo printer to make a file on your disk
   that is in a format that can be read by the person you are sending
   to.  For example, use a PDF pseudo printer.

2. You don't want the user to see or edit the formulas or formatting
   information, but be able to navigate within the spread sheet.

   In this case use Tools > Protection and lock the entire sheet.  You
   might then want to unlock some of the cells so that the recipient
   can change some of the values.

   Depending on the version of Excel you use there might be other
   things that you can lock or unlock.

   Microsoft's Excel Viewer
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1cd6acf9-ce06-4e1c-8dcf-f33f669dbc3a&DisplayLang=en)
   might be useful in this case

3. I'm not sure what you mean by not having the formatting showing.

   If you mean that the actual format control information should not
   be vi sable, then locking the spreadsheet should handle it.

   If you mean that only the default formatting and column width's are
   used, then I don't know of an easy way to set things back to the
   defaults.  You could start by selecting the entire sheet and use
   the Format, but I'm sure that there will be complications.
   command
   think
0
mark49607 (3)

number rounding in MS Excel

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Setting up a new e-mail account