Downloading page format from net

Hi friends

My first ever post....

I have a web page whose template is fixed. Every half hour the page
gets updated. There are 10 rows (say 10 Students in a class) and
9 cols ( say there subjects). Every half hour this web page gets
updated
and i want that data in one excel page. after getting the updated
data,
it should be transferred to other sheet (will be 10 say for each
student)
These respective sheets will have another column with date and time
data which will be taken from the web page......

A friend of mine told me this could be done in Excel but dont now how
do it...!!!!!:eek:

Please guide me how to do this....

Thanks in advance
Johnbest

--
johnbest
johnbest's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29694

This is done using an external web query. Depending on your excel version
(should always state) use Data>import external data>new query>etc.

or you may be able to just right click the table and select export to excel.
Sounds like you may need professional help from one of us.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> Hi friends
>
> My first ever post....
>
> I have a web page whose template is fixed. Every half hour the page
> gets updated. There are 10 rows (say 10 Students in a class) and
> 9 cols ( say there subjects). Every half hour this web page gets
> updated
> and i want that data in one excel page. after getting the updated
> data,
> it should be transferred to other sheet (will be 10 say for each
> student)
> These respective sheets will have another column with date and time
> data which will be taken from the web page......
>
> A friend of mine told me this could be done in Excel but dont now how
> do it...!!!!!:eek:
>
> Please guide me how to do this....
>
> Thanks in advance
> Johnbest
>

> --
> johnbest
> johnbest's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29694
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494118

0
Don
12/16/2005 4:02:33 PM
dear Don Guillett

yes i think so.....well are you ready to help me.
then start ....................

thanks in advance
johnbest

--
johnbest
johnbest's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29694
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494118

You would need to send to my private email shown here

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> dear Don Guillett
>
> yes i think so.....well are you ready to help me.
> then start ....................
>

> thanks in advance
> johnbest
>

> --
> johnbest
> johnbest's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29694
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494118

0
Don

Questions on format of Select statement
SELECT tblCalls.ColTime, tblCalls.colProblem, tblCalls.colResolution from tblCalls, in dbCallLogs WHERE tblCalls.colResolution from tblCalls, in dbCallLogs where tblCalls.ColTime >= #12/1/2006# <= #3/2/2007# ORDER BY tblCalls.ColTime DESC; I want to know if this is right? I notice in some queries the table name before the column name is missing? Also when do you have to put in the database name? Is it the same in Access as SQL Server? I want the most recent first. I want those records betweeb 12.1.06 and 3.01.07. thanks, On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:30:07 -0700, Janis <Janis...

How to retrieve old email after formatting pc
since windows vista infected virus that crash the windows system, i format my laptop and use windows 7. But i forget to backup my ms outlook 2007 email. Can anyone expert in here give an idea or any software that can retrieve back all my email, because it really important email its related with my work. for your info i use company email that out souce to webmail provider. Thank You. Do you have an older backup? Were copies of the mail stored on the server? Recovering it after a reformat is very tricky (and expensive) business and there's no guarantee it'll even work. ...

What happened to Pivot Table "Show Pages"?
What happened to the functionality in Pivot Tables to write a new worksheet for each value in a Page Field? I'm sure that it was available in earlier versions of Excel, indeed there are references to "show pages" in other threads in this group, but I can't find it in Excel 2003. Did it go away? -- Jim On the Pivot Table toolbar, choose PivotTable > Show Pages Jim Molter wrote: > What happened to the functionality in Pivot Tables to write a new worksheet > for each value in a Page Field? > I'm sure that it was available in earlier versions of Excel, in...

Transaction Download Problem!
Ever since the update last week i'm having issues downloading my account from wells fargo. i have set money up to download transactions again.... But...... Prior to the update, money would only download transactions that have cleared, not ones that are still listed as 'pending'. i was able to then list the pendings in my account register and this would show me an accurate available balance. Now, money is downloading pending transactions as soon as they arrive, but if a charge is listed as pending for multiple days(which happens a lot) money will download this multiple tim...

Mirrored Page Numbers
I want to have mirrored page numbers -- that is page numbers at the left margin on even-numbered pages and page numbers at the right margin on odd-numbered pages. Years ago, I seem to remember doing this quite easily in PageMaker. Now, I'm using Publisher 2007 running under Windows Vista. Can Publlisher do this? If so, how? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Gordon Yes. 1.Choose View -> Header and Footer 2.(Optional) In the header, type some identifying text at the blinking cursor, such as the word Page 3.Click the Insert Page Number button on the Header and...

spreading a table over two pages
I am using office 2000. I would like to know how to auto flow tables over two pages using microsoft publisher. I have a table on the bottom of one page and it is too large and i want it to automatically spread onto the nest page in my document. Thanks JJ You could make the page longer. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:481E0791-B780-4451-A371-8D2C36995343@microsoft.com... >I am using office 2000. I would like to know how to auto flow tables over > two pages using microsoft publisher. I have a table on the bottom...

Not Print Last Page of a Report
Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perform several other procedure based on the value of the form. I just can not figure out how to stop the last page from printing. Thanks for any help, Lamar Lamar wrote: >Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. >Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last >page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perfo...

Downloading Office Pro 2007 to a Netbook
Just bought a Netbook. I have CD for Office Pro 2007. How do I get this onto my Netbook as I have no drive for the disk. Does Microsoft help with this. Don't want to copy because of lost files. Thanks You need an external drive (USB CD/DVD) or network connection with an image of the installation media on the network. You are correct; copying won't work. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Lucy" <Lucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B261A1-F469-45C8-B263-ACA70B8AB6E6@microsoft.com... > Ju...

Formatting Worksheet Rows
Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - then when adding a row in the middle of the document it would reset the all rows following to reset to every other row being white and every other row shaded > Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - > then when adding a row in the middle of the document it > would reset the all rows following to reset to every other > row being white and every other row shaded If I understand the requirement correctly, one way would be to use Format >> Conditional formatting with the formula condition =MOD(...

Determining How An Existing Cell Is Formatted ?
ello, Is it possible to see how a particular is formatted for ? I did a little experimenting, and it seems that if I put in text, or numbers, and go to Format Cell, it "seems" to indicate the Format is General, for both. Is there some command that would return an inquiry to a text cell as it truly being "Text" ? And, I understand that text when entered shows up to the left of the cell, numbers to the right. If I change the left-right position with the Alignment buttons, does this change the actual Format of the cell ? Thanks, Bob See help on Information Function...

How do I merge many identically formatted worksheets into one?
Hi Doug Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB009851-D8E0-4196-A24A-BCE95A76A0C6@microsoft.com... > ...

Clear Cell Format
Some time ago, from a post by JE McGimpsey, I learned the following macro, which will toggle the substitution of "." with ":" However it left the cell in Time Format after its initial entry. How do I clear the Time Format, when decimal point is back to normal state. Please, Public Sub ToggleDotTime() Dim strmsg As String strmsg = "Decimal Point is NORMAL" With Application.AutoCorrect On Error Resume Next .DeleteReplacement (".") If Err Then .AddReplacement ".", &...

OWA Logon page #2
I have 2 E2k3 installations and both have https enabled. However, on one installation there is a pretty page that says OWA, public or private check boxes, etc. But on the other when I log onto https://ex.comp.com/exchange it only comes up with a dialog box and not the exchweb page. How can I fix it to have the pretty page? TIA Bobby On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:04:35 GMT, "Bobby Janow" <bjanow@msn.com> wrote: >I have 2 E2k3 installations and both have https enabled. However, on one >installation there is a pretty page that says OWA, public or private check >boxe...

Conditional Format Blanks
Hi, I have read the previous threads on this subject, however I can't find a response to my need. I am trying to apply conditional formatting to cells using a macro. However my range of data changes daily. What I would like to do is apply the conditional formatting to blanks in column F, ONLY if the cell next to it in Column E is NOT Blank. That way I can select the column as part of the macro, and not have to worry about my Blank cells beyond my data range being conditionally formatted. All help appreciated Thanks The CF formula would be =AND(E2<>"",F2="") ...

Global Page Setup for Multiple Sheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to do a global page setup for an excel project that has multiple spreadsheets vs having to format each and every sheet separately? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3343386974_22024351 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 12/11/09 1:57 PM, in article 59baec68.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "JNS999@officeformac.com"...

Conditional Formating & Rand() function
Hi there, I have an Excel 97 (I know, not my fault - blame work!) workbook wit the following column headings: ID, NAME, ADDRESS ID is numbered with integers from 1-9 and the others populated a appropriate. I have created a random number in a cell away from this data (A13, a it happens), using =RAND()*(9-1)+1 As you all no doubt know, this creates a random number between 1 & 9 The number it produces is not an integer, and is, I have little doubt the root of my problem. What I wanted to do was apply conditional formatting such that if th number produced by the random function = th...

Don't want ages Numbers on first few pages
I have a simlar question as the post below. I have a booklet of about 300 pages. The first couple pages I do not need numbered. The actually book starts on page 11 so I want the pages numbers to start counting from there, starting with ‘1’. Can someone advise me of the steps to do this. Thanks!!! http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher&tid=d02e6cd6-7bec-46c8-8e24-42a30fdde351&cat=en-us-office-publisher&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 Bri wrote: > I have a booklet of about 300 pages. The first couple p...

Conditional Formatting No Longer Working
I created a spreadsheet with conditional formatting in the 97-2003 version... I've recently updated to 2007 Office and not sure if that has anything to do with it, but, when I create new conditional formatting on that same file, I have to 'step off' the spreadsheet for the condition to work. i.e. if $C$29="Yes" turn B7 Red Bold Font... so, I change C29 to Yes... but, B7 doesn't change unless I actuall go off of Excel (not close it) and come back... I can see that B7 is 'trying' to change, but, not entirely. I've tried saving the document as...

page navigation
my page navigation disappeared from the bottom of my screen. how do i get it displayed again? the only way i can get to different pages now is to use the View and select a page number. Too time consuming. View, Status bar. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "lauramar87" <lauramar87@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B48F5D53-9AF2-49F4-9AD4-D537B7F08206@microsoft.com... > my page navigation disappeared from the bottom of my screen. how do i get > it > displayed again? the only way i can get to diffe...

Page turn effect
Recently created a multi-page piece and would like to present it as I have seen in a number of internet ads. Ad pages have the effect of "turning" at the readers command. How can that effect be brought into publisher creations. Additionally, if available, how can one email a publisher piece so that the end user could appreciate the creation and the page turning effect? Guidance sought. A guess; this sounds like something Power Point would be need for. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Conditional format of a control
I have a form that among other things has on it a field called 'EndDate". I need to add a field that will be conditionally formatted. If the Date is greater than Enddate, the field is to contain the text "Expired" in red. If not, the field is to be a blank and transparent. IOW, if the condition is met, red letters but otherwise, it just disappears. The field is not in the database. It's for display only. I've spent 2 hours trying all sorts of things to no avail. How can this be done? Thanks. Eric On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:26:01 -0700, Toller ...

ComboBox/Page Down Question
Why is it when you open your combobox drop down list and click pagedown it nevers works unless you select the combox box drop down list the second time, I also have a control to open my cmbCharge1Y and that does the same...........Any Help Please........Bob Private Sub cmdCharge1Y_Click() Me.cmbCharge1Y.Requery Me.cmbCharge1Y.SetFocus Me.cmbCharge1Y.Dropdown End Sub On Aug 12, 7:22 pm, "Bob V" <rjva...@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > Why is it when you open your combobox drop down list and click pagedown it > nevers works unless you select the combox box drop down list the ...

Conditional Formatting Question
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that shows the top ten cell phone users for eac month, and I would like to apply some type of conditional formatting s it highlights all the duplicate names each with its own color. For example: John Smith = Fill Yellow Jack Johnson = Fill Green Does someone know a way I could do this? Thanks, Olimits -- olimits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- olimits7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39458 Do ...

Get Excel to accept negative values using time-format
Hello Excel seems to refuse negative values in cells that are having i time-format. Is there a way to solve this? (Yes, time can be negative. If you for example compare planned time with actual time, the difference can be positive or negative) Kind regards Marcus Hi Marcus Excel will not display negative time using the standard 1900 date system. It displays a series of #########'s. However, the result can be used in further calculations. If you switch to the 1904 date system, Tools>Options>Calculation>click 1904 dates. Beware of other changes to dates already entered as ...