divide so no error Excel 2007

I have a simple issue.  I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide
one by the other and set it up on many cells.  Problem is if I enter the
folmula befor there are actually numbers in the two cells I get the Divide
by 0 error (#DIV/0!)

So How can I divide A2 / B2  only if it won't produce an error?

=IF(B2=0,0,A2/B2)

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Striker" <striker3070@qwest.net> wrote in message
>I have a simple issue.  I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide
>one by the other and set it up on many cells.  Problem is if I enter the
>folmula befor there are actually numbers in the two cells I get the Divide
>by 0 error (#DIV/0!)
>
> So How can I divide A2 / B2  only if it won't produce an error?

0
peo.sjoblom (169)

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access