divide column(x) by column(y) to give column(x/y) in excel?

I'm trying to divide one column by another column to give me another column
of awnsers as in B1/C1=D1, B2/C2=D2 etc... Is this possible?
Thanks
0
James6891 (359)

In cell D1 enter the following formula:

=B1/C1

Copy this formula down column D as far as you need.  The cell references
will increment automatically.

HTH,
Elkar

"James" wrote:

> I'm trying to divide one column by another column to give me another column
> of awnsers as in B1/C1=D1, B2/C2=D2 etc... Is this possible?
> Thanks
0
Elkar (111)

Excel Pivot Table Creator Issue
Hi all, I'm unable to Export to Excel my pivot table created in the Excel Pvot Table Creator. I select my dimensions, measures, rows, and data then hit the Excel button. I keep getting the following error: Unhandled object exception: Initialization of the data source failed.Check the database server or contact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, and then try the operation again. If you see this message again, create a new data source to connect to the database. Any ideas? Are SQL Analysis Services running? Were all the server setup steps com...

add source data to chart in excel
I can't get Excel to accept more than 19 data points for my X-axis in a chart? Is this a limit? How do I add more data points? (As soon as I try to add the 20th point, all of the other points are lost.) Hi Susan I have had this trouble in the past. Try.... Right click chart and select 'Source Data'. Delete any existing source data and close dialog box. Select the source data you require and copy it. Click on the chart and paste. Sandy "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7D47720-BCF1-4066-911D-555E386F4FEB@microsoft.com... > I ...

how can I show leading zeros in excel
I am trying to input some numeric data into a spreadsheet, some of the entries have leading zeros, every time I move to the next cell, Excel changes the data by removing the leading zeros. I have tried reformating the cells in question in Number & General, both give me the same problem. Can somebody please help. Using Excel 2002. Thanks. You could either format the cell as Text (then type your data) or you can start with an apostrophe '000123 or you can use a custom format: Format|cells|number tab custom in the type box, put as many 0's as you want 000000 The first two op...

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Partially protected sheet in Excel 2007 (Win) turns into fully protected sheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi! <br><br>I have to modify an Excel spreadsheet which is provided to me. On Windows, part of the sheet is password prrotected so it never is modified. If I change it under Windows, I can change the cells I am entitled to. Works fine. On Mac Excel 2004, when I open the same spereadsheet, the whole sheet is protected and Excel asks that I remove the password before I can modify the sheet. This is not very good as you can imagine. <br><br>Is there a way to fix this? Is this a bug or the e...

Combine multiple rows into one row with multiple columns
Hi, I have a table set up so that there are three columns: StudyID, DrawDate, and Value. StudyID and DrawDate are the primary key. I want to create a table from this one that has only one row for each StudyID so that it would go from: StudyID DrawDate Value to StudyID DrawDate1 Value1 DrawDate2 Value2 DrawDate3 Value3 etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Elysia "Elysia Larson" <elysia.larson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:832e952f-174f-489f-ab7a-e2189f660a92@f6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Column to Rows
I want to convert my data from one column into rows. I have my data set up now as follows: John Smith $3200 555 Main St. 95111 Jane Jones $5500 345 Happy Dr. 93434 Jack Clark $2300 354 Oak Pl. 95343 I want it to be displayed into 4 separate columns as follows: John Smith $3200 555 Main St. 95111 Jane Jones $5500 345 Happy Dr. 93434 Jack Clark $2300 354 Oak Pl. 95343 Please advise, thanks, Don -- Don D. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Don D.'s Profile: http://www...

Charts switch from 'Series in Rows' to 'Series in Columns'
I use VBA to create charts in Excel 2003, but find that sometimes the Charts switch 'Series in Rows' (intended) to 'Series in Columns' (not intended), even if I have specified 'Series in Rows'. This happens intermittently, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I do save the workbook as Microsoft Excel 97 so that a user with Excel 2000 or Excel 2003 can use the workbook. Thank you for any suggestions. Hard to tell if you keep the code secret. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Peac...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

Right column spilling onto 2nd page
I bought a template from a vendor and saved it as a new template with my version of excel. The link to that file is: http://www.utahhousevalues.com/lgfiles.cfm. The vendor is not able to help me figure out why the right column is spilling onto a second page. There are 49 total pages and about 25 of them spill the right column onto a second page. They claim each page is identical and it should not do that. I'm using Small Business version of Excel 2000 with XP Professional SP-1 THANKS MUCH Darrell Catmull http://www.utahhousevalues.com Hi Darrell, If the vendor can't tell you w...

Problems with re-setting the last active cell in an Excel workshee
I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in this particular sheet it should be cell DA197). I have used both the methods described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in). Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but does not do the same for the columns. I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please ...

Excel Form "Component Not Registered"
I am using several excel spreadsheet that are working on many other machines but they all of a sudden started giving me a "component not registered" error. I don't know of any changes to my workstation environment. In order to debug, I stripped down the excel spreadsheet to the bare minimum. I noticed that when all the forms were removed from the spreadsheet that the problem disapeared. I removed everything in the spreadsheet except for one form and a Workbook_Open() procedure. No problem occurs if I have an empty procedure but as soon as I even put a comment in th...

Email a single Excel worksheet instead of the whole workbook.
I have an Excel workbook with several worksheets. I want to email just one of these worksheets to a friend. It would be great to be able to right-click the worksheet tab and find the option to send worksheet as an attachment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

excel database lookup
newbee done some homework on excel i wold like to have data from a database such as access be used to fill a drop down combobox if possible as user enters data in combobox i want combobox to scroll example if user enters character R i wan combobox to scroll down to r and soon as data is entered from kewboard any suggestions, url etc really appreciated Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ilaboo" <plener@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:yT_Xc.1707$JT3.423@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > newbee > done some homework on exc...

Replace Cells with Column names in functions?
I have a # of fairly long/complex cell functions that get hard to debug because there are also a lot of rows. Is there anyway to change display so it replaces the column name e.g. If(BT1204="X". BA="Y" to If(CustomerName="X", CustomerCode="Y") ? CustomerName is a defined name range for BT1204 Find & Replace Find what: BT1204 Replace with: CustomerName "msnyc07" wrote: > I have a # of fairly long/complex cell functions that get hard to debug > because there are also a lot of rows. > > Is t...

excel charts and graphs
I want to assemble several pages of excel charts and graph in the form of a poster without printing them out. THOR ...

insert a JPEG into EXCEL 2002
Hello - I was asked to "pretty up" an Excel invoice for work and need to place a JPEG into the file. I know I can't insert a picture into the header/footer with Excel 2002, but can't I just insert it into the body of the file? In Excel Help it simply says to click on Insert Picture, but for some reason the Insert Picture option is ALWAYS greyed out. Any suggestions? I would REALLY appreciate it! Cheers! Hi mckee You can insert a picture into the header / footer with XL 2002. Go to File>PageSetup. Select the "Headers / Footers" tab and select "Custom ...

Set the line weight with VBA in Excel 07
I applied a chart style to a chart. I had the macro recorder on while I manipulated the chart. I saw the code to change the default size of the marker, but I could not get any code to appear for adjusting the line weight of the data series while a chart style is applied. I looked in the series object model and don't see a property by which to set the line weight. The old Border property in 03 is gone. How should I adjust this programatically? Thanks. TL Hi, Try, activechart.SeriesCollection(1).format.line.weight=3 Cheers Andy TroyLee wrote: > I applied a chart style to a c...

approach to excel
Can I transfer a complete database from lotus approach to excel? Will the dats be safe afterwards Thanks Julian I would expect the data to be as safe in excel as it was in Lotus. Verify that your conversion to excel worked ok. (Depending on your version of Lotus, you may have to save it as an excel file (while in Lotus) or an earlier version of Lotus, so that excel can open it. (Excel doesn't open .123 files.) And keep backups. (I've found the biggest threat to the integrity of my data is me--not the application! I can screw up really, really fast.) Julian Campbell wrot...

Excel worksheet total up to show in another worksheet
I have two worksheets. The first is the nice printable page. On the second page I just total up my receipts. How do I get those totals to show on Worksheet 1 in a cell called Total? -- SF Hi Just say your totals to be added are in A2:A120 in Sheet 1 then =SUM(Sheet1!A2:A120) hope this help -- nik ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nika's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31615 ...

Excel worksheet programming for time restrictions.
I have several cells (properties) that will be visible or not depending on the time of day. I am using VBA to set the value of the properties and need a way to use not just the TIME function to establish the system time but, a way to test for a period of time, for example the DAY SHIFT, SWING SHIFT AND GRAVEYARD SHIFT. Using If Then Else conditional statements to test the system time to a span of time to indicate the shifts aforesaid. What I am not clear on is the syntax in VBA to use when identifying the shifts and testing for conditions met. HElP? Is this any help? Dim tim0800 Dim ...

How do I put Excel data into a US map format?
I want to feed Excel data about population and trends into a map format instead of a bar graph or pie chart. Is there a plug-in or some such thing that I can use that works with Excel? Ultimately, I want to have each state depicted by a color code for a range of population or an amount of certain data. I am using Excel 2002 in a Windows XP environment. ...

Importing Word to Excel
Hello! I have a list of names and adresses in a word document that look lik this: Doctor John Smith Director Hospital of Hurt People 4556 Bittersweet Lane Town, State xxxxxx I am now compiling another list of names and adresses and entering th data immediately into Excel (file attached). What I would like to do is merge the two lists into one and eliminat any duplicates. The goal is to print mailing labels. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, should I be using Access instead of Excel -- Project ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pr...

Help with VBasic in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003. I am working in a master worksheet named "SHPG RCVG RPT" which is on my desktop. After I enter all of the information and create my hyperlinks, I need to protect the worksheet and then save it to a different folder. The new name of the worksheet is determined by the purchase order # which is in cell D3. I need a macro which will: Protect the worksheet --> Name the worksheet using the purchase order # in D3 -->Save the worksheet in: F:\SHIPPING RECEIVING REPORT. I can't do this using the macro recorder because it won't let me click on the ...

Excel sheet (OLE object) sometimes open on the form sometimes in E
Hello there, I have an Excel sheet (OLE object in the table) on a form , I have setup the Property in "Auto Activate" as Double-Click , so when I double click the object the sheet open. But sometime the object appears on the form as an Excel Icon - then when I double click it open in Excel - that is what I want. But sometime it appears as a table of data and when I double click it open on the form - I want to avoid that and instead always have the sheet open in excel. Any idea? Many many thanks, Dan Hi Dan, By default, you can directly double click the OLE Ob...