Displaying time from 00:00 to 0.00

I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert
time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been
passworded so I can't crack it. :)

I want to be able to write

(van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time)
7.25              11.25            4.00

Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool:

--
North for Short
North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695

If A1 contains a time
Then in B1 enter
=A1*24 and format as general

For example if A1 shows   7:08:38 AM
then B1 will show    7.143955555

--
Gary's Student

"North for Short" wrote:

> I want to do the opposite to what I have seen on the forums and convert
> time back to decimals ( I work on aspreadsheet but it has been
> passworded so I can't crack it. :)
>
> I want to be able to write
>

> (van out) (Van back in)(Total Van time)
> 7.25              11.25            4.00
>
> Can anyone help me please ( or a way to crack passwords):cool:
>

> --
> North for Short
> North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=555198

0
GarysStudent (1572)
6/24/2006 11:16:02 AM
It isn't exactly what I am after.  I want to be able to see the time
07:30 as 07.30 and add up the times to give me a duty span.
for example 05:00 - 13:00 = 8:00

I want to write 05.00 - 13.00 = 8
Am I making myself clear?:confused:

--

North for Short wrote:
> It isn't exactly what I am after.  I want to be able to see the time
> 07:30 as 07.30 and add up the times to give me a duty span.
> for example 05:00 - 13:00 = 8:00
>
> I want to write 05.00 - 13.00 = 8
> Am I making myself clear?:confused:

Hi North for Short

Gary''s Student's solution is correct, are you sure you want to see
7:30 as 07.30?

In decimal, 07:30 is 7.5

Regards

Steve

0
britwiz (47)
6/26/2006 3:47:07 PM
Yes, It isn't the actual format that I need it is the formula for th
result is what I need.  for example

A Jones starts his shift at 05:00 in the morning  and finishes at 11:0
( that is a straight forward 6.00 hours but if you write
A jones 05.30 to 11.15 you get 5.85.  What I want to be able to do i
actually calculate the time which should read *5.45

--
North for Shor
North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2269
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55519

Is there any reason you cannot use 05:30 to 11:15?

That will give you 05:45

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging."  Lord Healey

"North for Short"
<North.for.Short.2a1t4z_1151390703.3756@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:North.for.Short.2a1t4z_1151390703.3756@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Yes, It isn't the actual format that I need it is the formula for the
> result is what I need.  for example
>
> A Jones starts his shift at 05:00 in the morning  and finishes at 11:00
> ( that is a straight forward 6.00 hours but if you write
> A jones 05.30 to 11.15 you get 5.85.  What I want to be able to do is
> actually calculate the time which should read *5.45*
>

> --
> North for Short
> North for Short's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=555198

0
Peo
6/28/2006 4:29:34 AM
I work for the Royal Mail and a lot of the time, speed is of the essence
and one of the spread sheets I use calculates wages.  The way this is
done is use of decimals and believe me, it does save time.
Unfortunately, within Royal Mail, if you have a sure winner as this
spreadsheet, you aren't likely to share that gem with an oik like me
however I am getting closer now.:)

--
North for Short
North for Short's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22695
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=555198

Change Display Names in Exch '03 to Last,First
In Exchange 2000, you could use ADSI and scripts to change display names for contacts/users from firstname,lastname to lastname,firstname. However, I am working with a new client that has a 2003 Exchange server up and populated, but the GAL shows in firstname,lastname against his will. How can I change this so that the GAL is listed the way he wants without individually modifying each contact/user? -- Lydell Anderson A+, Net+, MCP, MCSA I don't see how it should be any different with Exchange 2003. Modifying the Display name will change how the GAL is displayed. You should be ...

Three Primary partition in wince 6.0.
Hi All I am creating application for format a disk using wince 6.0. I followed the MSDN instruction for CreatePartition and format the disk in different FAT it's working fine But I have some doubt --------------- 1. How to create three Primary partition ? 2. How to Set primary partition as "Active" at any one of the primary partition. 3.How to CreatePartition for exFAT and TFAT ? I have set the following manner in my code "exFat" "FORMAT_OPTIONS pfo" pfo.dwFatVersion = 64 ; pfo.dwFlags = FATUTIL_FULL_FORMAT | FATUTIL_FORMAT_EXFAT - is it ...

Need a time-date stamp for MS Outlook, please #2
From: "Hugo Acosta" <hacosta@CNYLatino.com> Subject: Need a time-date stamp for MS Outlook, please Date: Friday, September 22, 2006 11:34 AM I apologize in advance if I am sending this request to the wrong place... I would like to have a button in my MS Outlook 2000 toolbar, that when clicked, it will place the DATE/TIME on (whatever) the cursor is located. I work (volunteer) with a non-for-profit Church organization that has no money to pay programmers, to develop (what I was told) this simple task; therefore, I was advised to use this Internet avenue, and see if I could ...

GP 10.0 Purchase Order Generator is not listed why?
Hi, When I tried to open Transactions >> Purchasing preview window, Purchase Order Generator was not listed. Note: I do have Purchase Order Proccessing Module. One more thing, Every time I click home button (GP 10.0 home page), I got an error has occurred in the script on this page. How can fix it? Thanks in advance ...

excel file size 0
Yesterday I saw alll excel, word files size 0 Kb from Windows Explorer. Please could you tell me what kind of virus attack my file and the name of virus I would be glad if you reply as soon as possible Thank Dokles Better to run your AV to get this information. You dont have an up to date AV? Hmmm. Go to www.housecall.trendmicro.com and run their online Scanner. Go to www.grisoft.com and DL their FREE AV "Dokles" <dokles@lycos.com> wrote in message news:3C539357-BDE2-4908-BCC1-ED456AB645F6@microsoft.com... : Yesterday I saw alll excel, word files size 0 Kb from Windows ...

Key in Date and time
How can i code the fields with mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm. so that when i key in i just key in numbers don have to worried about the the slashes and colon. Thanks. -- Tylim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tylim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34217 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540530 You need code for that http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good ...

Fax Integration in CRM 4.0
Hello, CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition had Fax Integration with Windows Shared Fax Services. Is it available in any edition of CRM 4.0? I can't find a single word about it in any guide. Thank you in advance, Jevgenij ...

RMS v2.0
I know this was released already, but does anyone know when it will actually be shipped or when we will receive it? Seconded - Anyone actually recv it? Any (end user) actually get anything official from MS about it at all? "Mark" wrote: > I know this was released already, but does anyone know when it will actually > be shipped or when we will receive it? We have received a new features press release and a readiness upgrade clinic sheet from our partner. Previous posts suggested a 2/12 or so release date. "Tad L" <TadL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Picklist CRM 4.0
I cannot add a new picklist entry for the industry code on account in CRM 4.0 without causing account 'add' or maintain to abort. ...

#DIV/0! Error
Hi I get an error (#DIV/0!) when I divide one cell by the other and there are no entries in the cells. How can i get the folrmula to surpress the error (show a blank cell) when there are no entries in the cells that the formula refers to? Could you please provide an example Thanks John =IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Joohn Calder" <JoohnCalder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A736933-8B5E-4D25-A67F-AADE56803802@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I get an error (#DIV/0!) when I divide one cell by the other and there are > no ent...

Meeting Response does not display When:
Hi there. Got a Helpdesk ticket, which I think is pretty lame, but I support the user, so hey, I guess I gotta fix it. When someone accepts/declines a Meeting Request, the Meeting Response the organizer gets back does not display the When: field, it is blank. I know, I know, it seems pretty small, but ... They're all (organizer and attendee) running Windows XP SP2 and Office XP SP3, on Exchange 5.5. Any ideas ? JC ...

Dynamics CRM 4.0: Virtual PC Image (RC0 Release)-Last Modified 18/11/2007
https://mbs.microsoft.com/Cms/Templates/document/General.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={78370CDE-2EA2-439C-8A03-3C690992D044}&NRORIGINALURL=/partnersource/products/mscrm/newsevents/news/CRM4VPCImageRC0Release&NRCACHEHINT=Guest&wa=wsignin1.0 -- Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ ...

Display Internet Headers
Hi: When I try to view internet headers of my email by doing the view/options/ the "internet header" field is blank and not "active"[grayed out so to speak]. I would like to be able to view internet headers of my eMail. Idea of what I'm doing wrong to make this function? thank you much. This usually happens in an Exchange organization. Where is the mail being sent from? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

x-axis display
Hi All, I'm creating a series of small charts to display on a single printed page, and one comparison I do is comparing this year numbers to last for the calendar year. I'm using a bar chart with two series, 2007 and 2006. The x-axis values are the month of the year, 1 through 12. The numbers display correctly on some graphs, but on others the right-most digit gets truncated, so I get "1" instead of "11" for November. I've tried playing around with the number of tick-marks between category labels value, wiht no luck, and I've also changed the number...

Act 6.0 #2
I have office 2000 and need to import my Act 6.0 database. My office does not have the service option under Tools. Can anyone tell my how to import? ...

Can you perform ctrl+shift+; in a macro to display time?
I would like to add current but static time to a cell within a larger macro, but the only way I can find to enter just the time and not date as well is to use ctrl+shift+; but it doesn't appear that macro allow the use of hardkeys, although my knowledge of macros is basic i'm sure there must be a work around. Hi Darran Try: '=============>> Public Sub TesterC() With Range("A1") .Value = Time .NumberFormat = "h:mm AM/PM" End With End Sub '<<============= --- Regards, Norman "Darran Parsons" <Darran...

Display Auto-Filter Condition
I'm using the AutoFilter feature to limit the range of data shown in a spreadheet. Further, I wish to display the filter condition (i.e., the value within the auto-filter cell) in a summary page in order to make it clear which sub-set of data are being shown. Any idea how this might be done? Thank you Hi see your response in Excel.worksheet.functions -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark wrote: > I'm using the AutoFilter feature to limit the range of > data shown in a spreadheet. Further, I wish to display the > filter condition (i.e., the value within the auto-...

RMS HQ 2.0 maximum stores connected
Hi all, Is there a case study where over 100 RMS 2.0 Store operations + RMS 2.0 HQ running ? With a central 1 HQ Server running in our Head Office and with plans rollout RMS 2.0 store operation for approx 100 store operations for the next 2 years. We rasied a concern on how the HQ Server can effectively communicate to all stores with HQ Access, even if it runs 24/7. Will the HQ Server 2.0 allow multiple communications server such that 1 communications server in the HQ is mapped to say, 20 stores on the store side, but communicates to a single HQ 2.0 Server? Most branches will run...

eVC how to display color dialog box
hi, Am having trouble displaying the color dialog box. CColorDialog is not supported on WCE. Any help welcome. tnx in advance, DNA ...

Displaying a text file immediately after creating it.
I have a section of code that needs to output to a text file using CStdioFile and then immediately display it using notepad. I have tried the following, but it doesn't find the file. However, if I go to window explorer, the file is there. Any Ideas? CStdioFile af; if (af.Open(theApp.WORKDIR+"steerprt.txt",CFile::modeCreate|CFile::modeWrite)) { af.WriteString(tstr); af.Flush(); af.Close(); } HWND mainhwnd = GetSafeHwnd(); ret1 = (int) ShellExecute(mainhwnd,"open",theApp.WORKDIR+"steerptr.txt","",theApp.WORKDI...

how do I change time data to numerical result
I am trying to create a roster spread sheet to calculate amount of hours and cost. I would like to know how to change my result from formula. i.e. 8h:30min to 8.5 hours? If your data is truly in the format of hh:mm, then simply multiply by 24, and format the cell as number or General. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "J. Gorman" <J. Gorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Is there a Date Time Conversion from text?
I have DateTime stored as text in an Access db field. Ex: 1/22/2008 10:34:29 AM I want to convert this data form text to a real DateTime value all inclusive. I am able to pull the date DateValue and time TimeValue, but is there a way to get them both together. Thanks Try using CDate or DateAdd DateAdd("D",0,[Your Text Date Time]) CDate([Your text date time]) If your string field could be null, or a zero-length string, or invalid, then I suggest you test it first IIF(IsDate([Your Text Date Time]),CDate([Your Text Date Time]),Null) -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2...

Get Excel to accept negative values using time-format
Hello Excel seems to refuse negative values in cells that are having i time-format. Is there a way to solve this? (Yes, time can be negative. If you for example compare planned time with actual time, the difference can be positive or negative) Kind regards Marcus Hi Marcus Excel will not display negative time using the standard 1900 date system. It displays a series of #########'s. However, the result can be used in further calculations. If you switch to the 1904 date system, Tools>Options>Calculation>click 1904 dates. Beware of other changes to dates already entered as ...

Outlook Crashes V4.0
Outlook Testing on Two Issues 1. Memory Usage. We have outlook client v4.0 installed on 4 machines which all seem to have large usage memory issues. I've done some testing on On-Line/Offline Rebooting and each of the same. It would appear that the large memory usage in Outlook and SQL Server occurs when Outlook taken Offline and then rebooted then taken back online. I’ve seen outlook memory usage jump from 80MB to 210MB after sending 1 email NOT CRM linked, and SQL hitting 240MB. Whereas going online and rebooting (otherwise memory jumps and keeps rising) I have 80MB Outlook 120MB...

Mirgrate RMS2.0 to POS2009 How to ?
Has any one been able to migrate RMS 2.0 data base 2.1 to POS 2009 or restore from back up ? Theres a tool from MSFT you will need or better yet Retail Realm has a tool to do this as well that works much better and is easier. -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AB7806D-9CFE-4A81-8016-72CAE87E5853@microsoft.com... > Has any one been able to migrate RMS 2.0 data base 2.1 to POS 2009 or > restore > from back up ? ...