Disable macros in template d/l from MS?

We use a Sales Order template d/led from MS many years ago.  I now need to
use the same template, but without the macros.  Unfortuantely, when I try to
remove the macros from a copy of this template, I find they are password
protected.  Does anyone know how to get rid of them?  Thanks
0
Daddy (4)

Ferret

Try "chzdood"(no quotes)

Gord

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:29:08 -0800, Ferret Daddy <Ferret
Daddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We use a Sales Order template d/led from MS many years ago.  I now need to
>use the same template, but without the macros.  Unfortuantely, when I try to
>remove the macros from a copy of this template, I find they are password
>protected.  Does anyone know how to get rid of them?  Thanks

0
Gord

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

Excel template issues
I have a user that has a excel template on his network home dir NW 5.1 Server he says that after he creates a new file from that template - he goes to open and it tells him read only access running Excel 2000 thanks ...

Creating a letter from template
Is it possible in CRM? So far the only way i figured out to use templated is in an email and /KB-article. (And order offcourse) The thing i'm looking for is when selecting a contact, somehow i can make a letter activity and call a template that puts name & adress data etc. After that i should be able to print the letter, to put it in an enveloppe and send it someplace... So far it seems to me this cannot be done, but then again, i'm certainly not a CRM expert... Is it possible? If so, can anyone provide me the actions to be taken step by step ? thanks Kas "_Kas_&...

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...

Macro's with Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift?
When you record a new macro it asks you what Ctrl key you want to access it with. If you Edit the Properties of a Macro it asks you what Ctrl-Shift key you want to use to access a macro. How can you have more control over this to assign the proper key to a macro? Thanks. Al, I don't know what you mean by "edit the properties of a macro." You can assign a Ctrl or Ctrl-Shift combination (excluding number keys) to macros either when about to record a macro, or later with Tools - Macro - Macros - Options. If by "have more control," you mean keys other than C...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter
Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? To Whom It May Concern: Enclosed please find an education. Sincerely, eb -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "eb" <eb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CEF7B84-6F7A-4D07-97B3-F349F3B11E54@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a format or template for a Education Cover Letter? > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message news:O3aNFsq2KHA.5212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.g...

Enable/Disable a Form Control Based on Security Group Permissions
How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user’s security group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a form (call it box1), I want box1 to be enabled if the user who opened Access is a member of a security group called “Breaker Test Admin.” For members of any other group (except of course “Admins”), box1 should be disabled. Thank you, for your help! On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:57:13 GMT, "BenS" <u35527@uwe> wrote: >How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user�s security >group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a ...

disable mailboxes
We have a number of Windows users whose Windows account has been disabled. Now the exchange server reports error events for each of those users, because the mailbox is not associated with an active user account. Short of deleting the mailboxes, is there anyway to get Exchange to (reject the mail and) not report error events for those mailboxes. (david) David, Please see: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/NoMAS-Tool.html and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278966 -- - David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ "david epsom dot com dot au" wrote: > We have a number o...

Create Excel macro for barcode output
I am looking for suggestions or samples of an Excel macro that will output barcodes that can be printed and then attached onto loan documents. Example: input loan # 555 and print off 20 barcoded labels - each label contains loan number + the document type. hi, you don't need a macro for that. we just got throught barcodeing our part numbers in the ware house and used excel and no macro. bar codes are just another font. excel uses 3 0f 9 barcode font. you can download others off the net. you can format a cell with this font and it will show as barcode on the sheet and numbers in th...

MS Exchange and external mail relay
In our organization we are planning if moving from Linux (postfix) to MS Exchange server. We plan to implement Postfix (in DMZ zone) as a mail relay for Exchange server (in LAN).We have about 400 users on the same external domain like @company.com. The trick is that about 100 of users only need mail address (not also a domain account), so we're thinking if it is possible to create 300 of our users of @comany.com domain on Exchange server, all other users that need only company mail (also @comapany.com) will have mailboxes on mail relay (postfix), not on Exchange server. Since it...

HowTo disable cell reference update
I want to disable cell reference updates when I am inserting a row. My chart has series data in A2..A7. After row insert with MoveDown at row 2 the references are updated to A3..A8 How do I preserve the original cell refernce? ...

"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file the user opens....
"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file I open... I can't find any hidden/empty code in the xls files... Has someone got any experience with this? krgds, Nils Egil Lie Stolt Offshore AS Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules in the VBA editor. Also check that there're no statements left in the worksheet modules and in the workbook module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nils Egil Lie wrote: > "Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls > file I open... I can't find any hidden/emp...

Export Data from MS-CRM
Is there a way to export all of the data from MS-CRM? Thats a rather general question,......you mean export to another CRM system or just export into another medium? For the most part, most areas have that little excel icon so that you can export into excel...... or you can go into the SQL server and use the export wizard, although I don't think its going to be what you want,....for the most part it will be raw data and you'll have to recreate the relationships and primary fields to see how the objects relate.......... -Gary "John O'Keefe" <jokeefe@finepoint.com...

Macros #48
If I record a Macro that performs a number of functions on a particular set of data, can I then run the Macro on a different set of data without the tesium of going into the VB editor and changing it manually?? I have tried preselecting the new data set and running the macro, but it reverts back to the original set in the VB code. Any suggestions appreciated. Check the generated VBA code. Whatever actions are recorded will be executed when you run it again. Even if you pre-select the second time, say A1:B10, whereas in your generated VBA, you have something like selection.Action then it...

MS Query
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3998F.CE542560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Currently I have a number of MS Queries connected to an Oracle DB = through the ODBC. We have had to change the user name and password for = accessing the database so I need to change the queries. How? The ODBC setup on the PC has been changed but each of the queries still = access via the original id, is there a way in the query editor to change = these details? --=20 Regards Dean=20 dkso@ntlworld.com...

Using old templates from Publisher 97
Hi, A few years ago I used Publisher 97 and created a Raffle Ticket and also an event ticket using Mail Merge to automatically number the tickets from an Excel Document I made. Now I have Publisher 2002 on my computer and it seems to be so much more professional and doesn't have many of the templates that I used to use in "Specialty Items", such as, Bookmarks, Gift Tags, Door Hanger, Raffle Ticket, etc. I was wondering if it is possible to get these templates in my new Publisher 2002, if not, is it possible to have both versions on my computer so I can use the specialty...

Chart templates treates value axis as a category axis
I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type] that uses a horizontal value axis, but when I try to use it in a new workbook, the data is plotted with a horizontal category axis? In a line chart, the horizontal (X) axis IS a category axis. Only an XY chart has a value horizontal axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "FHW at EAD" <FHW at EAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E52B4E4C-9DC6-41F5-84B2-3BC637C56591@microsoft.com... >I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type]...

Combo box from a macro
Hello, First let me give you the scenerio. I have a main form of data. On it I have a subForm. I want to select a record from the subform (which is sub-data) and display that record in the main form. This is a customer and related customer DB. When Customer X comes in I want to be able to see customer x's family. I want to be able to choose a mamber of custome x's family and display them on the main form, thus displaying customer y and their family. I have created the main form to have a combo/lookup based on the SS#. I have created a button on the subform to read the SS# on ...