Digital signatures, security level and macros

I created an Excel spreadsheets with some macros. Now I want work on
this spreadsheet, but with default security level "High". I created a
Digital Signature, with Options - Security - Digital Signatures - Add,
I added my signature.When I press "Save" - I am getting the message:
"Saving will remove all digital signatures".

Is the a way to work with security level "High", but option to use
macros I created?

Thanks,

Zalek

Zalek

How did you create the signature?  Using the Self-Cert Tool?

If so, ignore the warning and click OK when saving from the Excel Window.

Open Visual Basic Editor and select your workbook/project then Tools>Digital
Signature.

Choose your signature and save the workbook.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 9 Apr 2004 12:58:46 -0700, zalekbloom@hotmail.com wrote:

>I created an Excel spreadsheets with some macros. Now I want work on
>this spreadsheet, but with default security level "High". I created a
>Digital Signature, with Options - Security - Digital Signatures - Add,
>I added my signature.When I press "Save" - I am getting the message:
>"Saving will remove all digital signatures".
>
>Is the a way to work with security level "High", but option to use
>macros I created?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Zalek

0
Gord

MATCH, LOOKUP, macro?
I have a list of 176 items and another list of 870 items. I need to see if the items in the smaller list are on the bigger list. There is no guarentee of any ascending or descending sort order. And I need to match two values in the same row. So: IF (A2 is in B2:B871) _ AND **in the same row** C2 matches the value in col D _ THEN return "Yes" MATCH and LOOKUP seem to require a sort order. And I'm not sure how to use the row number with those. I could cobble together a macro, but I thought a built-in function might be faster and easier (not to mention I might actuall...

Report that display percentage below certain level
I got a spreadsheet contain inventory number from remote site. I need to run a report to display when inventory below a certain percentage. I try to use privot table to display the infomration. But it doesn't display everything below 40%. Is there anyway you can enter an percentage and display all remote site that below certain percentage (Eample: like 35%) on a report? Thanks. TSS, A pivot table groups like items, and makes a calculation on each group -- not what you need. You need a filter (Excel's way of saying "query" in database parlance). If your table...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

Using Advanced Security
1. We need to roll out some changes in security. What I want to do is make changes to the user classes, roll these changes to the test system and validate them, thereafter roll these changes to production. How can I roll down class changes/copy class security only to one company at a time? 2. When we to use import/export functionality, while importing, should we mark "only import non-default security"? What does this flag do? Hi Jack The followin KB has lots of information that you will find useful. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;89470...

i can't open email with digital signature!
Hi sir, I cannot open the email with digital signature, and I got "Your digital ID name cannot be found by the underlying security system" error And the methods I have tried are follow: 1. Check the IE setting --does not work 2. Create a new profile--does not work 3. I have updated the 128-Bit Encryption Provider for Outlook 2000 SR-1.--does not work 4. Outlook safe mode--does not work 5. Try to open in OE--does not work, I can open but the body is empty. I am using Outlook 2000, Windows XP, Exchange account ( I am on the client side) Please give me some advise about this iss...

macro button on spreadsheet
I know how to create a macro and how to attach it to a button on the toolbar. What I would like to do is place a button out on the worksheet to run the macro. When I follow the directions in help it doesn't work. THANKS for the help. I am using Excel 2002. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "it doesn't work"? Are you able to create the button? How did you create the button -- via the Forms toolbar or the Controls Toolbox? Can you create it but don't know how to tell it to run your macro? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:07:01 -0700, "SheriTingle" <Sh...

Need help creating macros
Hi there, For whatever reason when our system compiles data into Excel 2003 it creates a worksheet that looks like this (for example): Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal Black Black Black Black Grey Grey ...

my inserted digital movies don't play
Please help!!! I've been doing an educational presentation which I'm going to put on DVD but after I've done all the presentation, it was playing at first then when I've tried to clean up my PC for the unwanted vids on my files, it just stop playing. "BassKicker" <BassKicker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63077463-6932-4342-8281-111E816C7640@microsoft.com... > Please help!!! I've been doing an educational presentation which I'm going > to > put on DVD but after I've done all the presentation, it was playi...

activate macro
how do i automatically run a macro when i move from one worksheet to another. ie select another worksheet, then automatically run a specific macro pat Patrick, Put this sub in the ThisWorkbook module. Sh will be the worksheet that was just activated. Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox Sh.Name ' take out the line above and put in your code End Sub -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets ...

Macro if criteria
Hi, i have two macros. (macro 1 and macro 2) I need macro 1 to run if in A1 is "JOHN", in B1 is "MARY" and if C1 is empty ; and macro 2 to run if in A1 is "JIM", in B1 is "CRIS" and in C1 is "BOB". Can this be done? Thanks! Seems simple If Range("A1").Value2 = "JOHN" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = "MARY" And _ Range("C1").Value2 = "" Then Call Macro1 ElseRange("A1").Value2 = "JIM" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = &...

printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API
Hi to all, I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT. So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT 4.0 in some other manner?? Later, I realized that registry value KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printe...

transferring signatures and rules
I've transferred my oultook.pst from one PC to another. I got my email messages and calendar entries, but I've lost my rules and signatures. How may I get them? (I need to send the first machine in for hard-drive replacement, but I'd like to get the rules, signatures and anything else that I'd set up on Outlook transferred over to my new machine first. Apparently copying the PST file does not suffice.) FYI, I didn't store my PST file in Documents and SEttings\etc on the new nor old PC, but in c:\MyOwnPathForOutlookPSTFiles\ From: "Excel@shoenfeltconsulting.com&qu...

writing my first Macro
Hello, I am trying to write a macro for the first time in OUTLOOK 2000. I find this will help me cause I don't get around very well. But am having trouble to write one in the VBA. Can you show me how to simply write a few sentences that I can "automatically" include in an email reply to someone. Or if you can send me just a very simple sample or example of a macro that has a small paragraph email. that would be great. I have been looking on "google for hours" now, and all I could find was this sample below, but all it does is put in the "subject l...

Outlook 2003 Signature
When using Word 2003 at my e-mail editor in Outlook 2003, I have set up one signature that I would like to use for both "new" mail and on "replies and forwarding". It's working just fine for new mail, but on replies and forwarding I do not get my signature inserted. In addition, the AutoText feature does not give me the full signature as an option of something that I can insert. Your help is greatly appreciated. --David >-----Original Message----- >When using Word 2003 at my e-mail editor in Outlook 2003, I have set up one >signature that I would...

excel
I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that contains text like a customer name. Record your macro to include the File > SaveAs, then edit that line of code. Instead of ... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY2006" ..., you might use .... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY" & range("B2").value ... "bossman tv" wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that > contains text like a customer name. ...

Digital ID or Signature/Approval
H I currently have a form that is going to be emailed as opposed to hand written out. The issue we are having is how to approve them. In the past, a signature was required. Can we use a digital ID for an excel file? A form of stamp signature??? Thanks Antonella ...

leveling to delete days
I would like to use Leveling (or similar) to delete work days from a lower priority task when there is an overallocation. ie. The start Date and End Date are fixed but the Work changes to reolve the conflict. Is this possible? Hi, Sorry but there is no function in the Scheduling engine that will do that. Leveling will only delay work if necessary to resolve overallocations, never change work or units. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "ellebel...

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Button fails to call macro when open an Excel via Intranet
Hi all, Can someone help me with my with this problem. I have an Excel file with a button to run a small macro: unhide and displys worksheets. It works when the file is opened with Excel. The macro is simple: Sub Button1_Click() Sheets("FF").Visible = True Sheets("FF").Select Range("C1").Select End Sub I need to open it from an intranet site. When user selects the file, the web app retrieves the file and responses to open an Excel file. But on the intrenet I get the following error massage "The macro "GenerateResource.aspx?Resour...

Security
when I try to send a link from a web site I get a message that Outlook block potentially unsafe attachments, if I send the e-mail to myself I get teh same message back that out has blocked bla bla bla HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF>..... if I send the link to my aol account rather then comcast I can read the link (or attachment) no porblem, HELP..... phil Can't really be turned off, but it can be customized to need. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be de...

How to insert a Macro within a macro?
I have a sub Format() and I want another macro called: AddRows() To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro. What I did doesn't work. I had Sub Format() ..... ..... Sub AddRows() End sub ..... End Sub. How can I do this? try Sub Format() stuff call AddRows() End sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:178701c50d68$f99f8c70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a sub Format() > > and I want another macro called: AddRows() > > To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

MSN Sync
Is anyone aware of any reviews or studies establishing the security of the information on MSN? As I mentioned in another post, I've been hesitant to sync all my financial info with MS servers, but if there has been any 3rd party validation of security and privacy I may consider it. Thanks! Carlos, Very tempting....., but DON'T DO IT!!! JB "Carlos G" <cgnjunkregDELETE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#ggc5ALUEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>... > Is anyone aware of any reviews or studies establishing the security of the > information on MSN? As I men...

Outlook Security Settings
When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form I receive the error "Could not load some objects because they are not available on this machine" I click OK and the add button is disabled/doesn't work. I am simply trying to get into the Trusted Code tab so I can add one dll. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:54:03 -0800, Th3man <Th3man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form >I receive the error "Could not load some ob...