Diffrent cell on diffrent date?

I�m going to TRY and explain this the best I can.

For work when we do our cash out at the end of the night we use a exce
sheet. This sheet is to add up our change, checks, credit cards etc
etc. etc. When we're done we print it out and than type the figure
into another excel sheet. I pretty much know how to combine the
sheets so instead of typing the numbers into SS1 and than entering i
into SS2 I can have the numbers going from SS1 to SS2 automatically
But my question is that how do I set it up so when I type the info i
SS1 that it will go to in to SS2 but to have the cells change by date
So the info I type in SS1 for the first day of the month goes into sa
L1. But on the second day of the month it goes in L2 and the third da
of the month it goes in L3??? I hope what im saying makes sense? I wan
to use the same SS1 for everyday but want the figures from day to day t
drop down 1 cell to compensate for the day change?

Thank you and if any more info is needed to make this make more sens
please let me know,

-Ja

>>I pretty much know how to combine the 2 sheets so instead of typing the
>>numbers into SS1 and than entering it into SS2 I can have the numbers
>>going from SS1 to SS2 automatically.

Can I assume you do this with formulas on SS2 that reference SS1?  If so you
probably want the formulas on SS2 to be smarter.  You want them to see if
the current date is for their cell and if so pick up the SS1 value and if
not to retain their current value.  The first part is easy but the second is
not possible.  A formula cannot reference itself to get the current value
and since it's no where else (as I understand it) there is no where to get
it.  Do I understand the situation?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)
8/4/2004 1:24:24 PM
Considering the 2 are linked:

On say 8/4/04 I type something into L1 of SS1 and that in tur
transferes that info into SS2 in cell say Q*1*. Now on 8/5/04 I typ
something into L1 on SS1 that will now inturn transfer it to Q*2* o
SS2. On 8/6/04 I type something into L1 on SS1 that will now intur
transfer it to Q*3* on SS2.

I hope this makes alittle sense?

-Ja

Yes I think I understood what you were saying in your first post.  So could
you answer my questions?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

"NeWcS >" <<NeWcS.1agz7h@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
| Considering the 2 are linked:
|
| On say 8/4/04 I type something into L1 of SS1 and that in turn
| transferes that info into SS2 in cell say Q*1*. Now on 8/5/04 I type
| something into L1 on SS1 that will now inturn transfer it to Q*2* on
| SS2. On 8/6/04 I type something into L1 on SS1 that will now inturn
| transfer it to Q*3* on SS2.
|
| I hope this makes alittle sense?
|
| -Jay
|

| ---
| Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
jrrech (1932)
8/4/2004 3:42:49 PM
Jim Rech wrote:
> *
>
> Can I assume you do this with formulas on SS2 that reference SS1?   *

If this was the question your talking about than.....yes :)

-Ja

Sum in another cell with reference to another
I need to add cells which only have reference to another eg: PNS Kilbirnie 2.0 NW Newtown 1.0 NW Island Bay 1.5 NW Metro 1.0 PNS Kilbirnie 1.0 eg: Need to add only the "PNS Kilbirnie" totals but these are also in other columns similar to above. At the moment these two columns are A & B, then I need to also add the Kilbirnie from column C & D as per above -- Shirl, NZ One way to get this delivered in 10 secs. Do a 5 sec copy/paste stack up of the data in cols C & D below that in col A & B, then create a pivot on the combined data, placing the ...

Outlook 2000 getting day of week with today date
A while ago my Outlook displayed the day of week. I cant find a reference to this in the manuals, help, MS pages, and I'm not even going to try Google TIA Steve L. Check your Long Date format in Control Panel | Regional and Language Options (the actual Control Panel command for this may differ depending on your version of Windows). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:3F90AB03.122C2BCC@mts.net, Steve Lenaghan wrote: > A while ago m...

convert 13.11.2009 general to 13/11/2009 date, how to
Dear all, Office 2003, Windows XP Pro SP3 I have a column of dates in the following form 13.11.2009 (i.e. dd/mm/yyyy) where the cells' format are 'General'. I wanted to sort in ascending date order from 01/01/2009 to 31/12/2009. I tried formatting the cells to date and use the sort but what that did was to sort in this manner: 01.01.2009, 01.02.2009 - - - 01.12.2009 then 02.01.2009, 02.02.2009 i.e. by months first then by dates. Even when I have chosen dd/mm/yyyy formatting, not only the content won't change the sort still perform as I have just described. I h...

Copy empty cells from one workbook to another
Hello, Sorry for posting 2 times. Date & time in my computer were not correctly set. In addition to what I've written before, here is the code I wrote: Sub Dataacquire() Workbooks.Open "data.xls" Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:d19").Copy _ ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:d19") ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False End Sub My problem that empty cells are not copied as empty and because of this I get an error messages in other worksheets (like #VALUE). How Can I solve this problem ? Thank you David Cohen ...

Excel merged cell
I have merged two cells and want it to expand (get bigger) as more text is typed or added. I'm able to do this with just a single cell (row autofit, wrap text), but when I merge two or more cells, these options no longer work. I don't think you can and-in my opinion-it's just another reason to stay away from merged cells. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Joanne (JAS)" <Joanne (JAS)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58E1D6FD-3FEB-4C2B-B66C-8363091AA39C@microsoft.com... > I have merged tw...

Create named range of cells with values in row
Hi All....... I need help please to create a Named Range of all the cells with values therein starting at cell B1 and continuing through all contigunious cells with values to the right in the same row only. If there be a broken column, then all cells to the right of that break need not be included. Tks, Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 This might be more than you need, but it assigns the name and then tests to make sure that it took. Sub dk() Dim lc As Long, rng As Range lc = ActiveSheet.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("B1&qu...

Using Validation to force entry into cells?
Hope my topic isn't too confusing. What I've done is create a drop-down validation list for a row in a worksheet. What I would like to do is force the entry of the corresponding value into a particular cell (in that row). For instance, If a user chooses "61" from the drop down box, they should only be allowed to type an amount in one of 2 particular cells in the next 2 columns. This is all related to banking. So say someone chooses "61", I want the dollar amount to force them to input in the "Credit" column and skip right over the "Debit&qu...

Click events on Ecel Cells
i would like to click on a cell in a worksheet and have the string value "X" either inserted or removed from that cell upon clicking. Is this possible? A selection change would be the closest match for that, I would suggest using a double-click event. More information in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm To install right click on the sheet tab, View Code, plop the following code in. This is setup to toggle value in Column 1 on a double-click, but you can modify code. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal _ Target As Range, Canc...

changing a month by entering a number in a cell
I want to create a formula to allow me to enter a # into a cell that will display a corresponding months name in that cell. In doing an IF statement I have been getting a cricular error, I assume because i'm creating the formula IN the refrence cell, or Excel can't find the project or library. Either way I'm sure I'm not creating the formula correctly. Example: I want to enter 01 for January, 02 for February and have the corresponding mont displayed in the cell I'm creating the formula in. Is this possibe if written in the same cell? Sounds pretty simple but I can't get...

Centering data over a grop of cells
I have 6 columns and want to give the group a name by centering data over them. How do I do that charles j format>cells>alignment and center across selection -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "charles" <instrulab@instrulab.com> wrote in message news:b%evk.29$Z64.28@flpi143.ffdc.sbc.com... >I have 6 columns and want to give the group a name by centering data over >them. How do I do that > charles j > Use "Center across selection", it's on the Alignment tab of Format Cells under Horizontal. charles wrote: > I have 6 columns and want t...

international absulute cell reference
To make an absulute cell reference you use the dollar sign. How would you make an absulute cell reference on a keyboard with no dollar sign? Example: russian keyboard, japanese keyboard, ect... Hi AFAIK it is always the $ sign in all language versions (not sure though about Japanese versions). Maybe ask this is the Japanese Excel newsgroup -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sadinga wrote: > To make an absulute cell reference you use the dollar sign. How > would you make an absulute cell reference on a keyboard with no > dollar sign? Example: russian keyboard, japanes...

transform text dates into Excel dates
Hell I currently have a spreadsheet with hundreds of entries wheremany of the date entries were done textually ("21 Nov. 2002" But I need them to be date format Excel won't let me change the format/ won't recognize the text entries as a valid date entry. How can I convert these entries so the Excel will permit me to change the format and recognize the entries as valid dates? Thank yo Daniel Try doing data - text to columns to separate the day, month and year. Then concatenate the values in order with a "/" in between so that it'll be a valid entry. Daniel...

Semi-Monthly Pay Dates
Is there a way to manually plug in all of my future paydates from now until whenever? My company pays twice a month (the 15th & the last day of the month). With the stipulation that if the 15th or last day of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, payday will be on the preceding business day. Right now I have my wages & salary frequency set at twice a month. I wouldnt mind going through every month from now until next yr and selecting the pay days manually. What would be the best way to go about this? I know, I bet there isnt another company out there that pays like this...Don&...

Hightlight date range
I have a worksheet that has dates in cells B2 through B171. I want to highlight cells from a date that is in cell F4 + 180 days. I want to be able to change the date in F4 and the dates in B2:B171 to highlight accordingly. Please help. Thanks Select the range B2:B171 (with B2 active), apply CF using Formula Is: =AND($F$4<>"",B2-$F$4>=180) Fine tune the ">=" bit to suit, if necessary .. Voila? Click the YES button below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:25,000 Files:300 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "Derek" wro...

how to automatically update a cell value?
I have a data table in Excel as follows: Month Percent Jan 2% Feb 7% Mar 4% Apr May Jun I would like to have a separate cell (i.e. Cell X) that will automatically update with the latest value from the data column. In the above example, the Cell X value would be 4%, but if I add additional data to the column, such as 9% in April, the Cell X value would show 9%. How do I create a formula for this? One way, in cell x put =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,B:B)) where column B holds the percentage, format x as percentage -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for e...

How to display date of last edit of the database on a report
Is there a way to display the date of the last edit of the database on a report? Thanks in advance for your help. -- Nona What do you mean by "last edit of the database"? Do you mean the last time a value in a field in any table was changed? Do you mean the last time any structural change was made to forms, reports, vba modules,or data structure? In either case there is nothing stored that will tell you, unless you store the information in some manner. It can be done, but the utility of doing so (in most cases) is far less valuable than the effort to do so. ...

CRM 4.0 customize Activity Created Date
cannot select date and time, format is greyed out and displays date only. How can I get it to take both? I've even tried exporting to XML, and re-importing but to no success. Hi, Can you please elaborate on you questions, are you trying to set value to the Created On Date on the activity? If you, you can't set the created on time, this is a system field set by the CRM system. Darren Liu$B!$(BMicrosoft CRM MVP Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On May 22, 10:15 am, Magic23 <carlroyk...@gmail.com> wrote: > cannot select date and time, format is greyed out ...

Excluding a cell from an average
I'm working on creating a grade book, but I've encountered a problem with excluding an assignment for individual students when averaging the grades. I have several different worksheets for different subjects. On each sheet the students are listed on the left (A2:A26), the assignments/quizzes are at the top (B1:Z1), and the value of each assignment is at the bottom (B27:Z27). I also have a "Results" page with the average mark (percent) for each student, for each subject. The formula I've used on the "Results" page is as follows (as an example): =SUM(She...

If function using cell format as the condition
I would like to create an "If" logical function formula, where the "true" condition is based on the format of the cell. For instance, if cell b3 is formatting with a fill color, then add that number; if not, then add zero. Can anyone help? That will need VBA, unless the fill colour is derived from conditional formatting (in which case you could impose an equivalent condition). -- David Biddulph "Janie" <Janie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25499DED-25B8-4E7D-8CA2-A22788839E56@microsoft.com... >I would like to create...

Set the text color of particular cell of list control
Hi, I want to set the background color of particular cell in a multicolumn list control. How can this be achieved. Thanks in Advance, vijay Check out codeguru/codeproject. One way would be to handle NM_CUSTOMDRAW. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com >I want to set the background color of particular cell in a multicolumn list >control. How can this be achieved. Have a look at using custom draw (NM_CUSTOMDRAW). Dave ...

Date format in Lotus 1-2-3 files transferred to Excel 2000 (XP)
Cannot enter any usable dates in any Lotus 1-2-3 V5 file imported into Excell. Text, formulas, and values seem OK, but I have not bothered to check carefully since without usable dates these files are useless. Any help appreciated. If Transition Formula Entry is selected under Tools, Options, Transition uncheck it. "Transition" is a euphemism for "1-2-3 version 2.x". -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Willystu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975501c48618$ec66be70$a601280a@phx.gbl... | Cannot enter any usable dates in any Lotus 1-2-3...

Showing a cell that corosponds with the highest number
I am making a results table for pool games. I've got it to calculate the points (3 for a win) and (take 1 for loss) but I want it to show the players name that has the most points It's layed out like this --------------Points Player1------ 1 Player2------ 4 Player3------ 3 I would want it to show Player2 in the cell. I have used sumif to find all the winning games, then i've times tha cell by 3 to get the points, ive also used sumif to find all the usin games, and then i've taken it away. This shows the number in the point box. I need to find the row with the biggest numb...

Last letter in Excel cell is truncated when printed.
Excel 2000, column and height are set so all lines in a cell are viewable. Everything looks fine in Excel and print preview. But when I print, the very last letter in every cell is chopped in half. (e.g. so an 'n' looks like an 'r'. I can not find a difference between other text cells that are working fine. Are you in the default font and fontsize that you set up in tools, options, general. though it probably shouldn't make a difference. What you see on the screen is based on your printer drivers. I guess all you can do is adjust to cell border. You mi...

Select dates in range
Good day to all, I've a table with some records of events for subjects and on certain dates, now I need to get a query that returns me the Subject, Subject creation date, 3 months after creation date, Value at 3 months, 6 months after creation date, Value at 6 months: This is for example: Table subject: ID Name Born 1 Jon 6/6/95 2 Betty 8/12/95 3 Rudolf 15/01/96 Table wheight Date subjectID Wheight 6/7/95 1 10 7/8/95 1 18 5/9/95 1 25 ................... (continue) 6...