Determine next Saturday in calendar based on date in a cell

I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell.
For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to
return the date of 10/14/2006.
0
Ann (124)

Please don't post the same question to different workgroups in separate posts.
Your question has been answered in another newsgroup.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91343C82-106D-40AF-A919-A5E275ADBB57@microsoft.com...
|I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell.
| For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to
| return the date of 10/14/2006.

0
nicolaus (2022)
10/9/2006 3:03:49 PM
Ann, Niek answered your question in worksheet functions, no need to post to
more than one group, if this will not work post back to the same post as you
started, easier to keep track of that way

From worksheet functions newsgroup
=A1+IF(WEEKDAY(A1)=7,14,7)-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell.
> For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to
> return the date of 10/14/2006.

It wasn't intentional - I only posted once so not sure how it got here.  I
apologize profusely.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> Please don't post the same question to different workgroups in separate posts.
> Your question has been answered in another newsgroup.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91343C82-106D-40AF-A919-A5E275ADBB57@microsoft.com...
> |I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell.
> | For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to
> | return the date of 10/14/2006.

0
Ann (124)
10/9/2006 3:40:02 PM
No problem, Ann. We just keep saying it, nothing personal.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25876F17-A71F-4611-975C-C1B6D92C726B@microsoft.com...
| It wasn't intentional - I only posted once so not sure how it got here.  I
| apologize profusely.
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| > Please don't post the same question to different workgroups in separate posts.
| > Your question has been answered in another newsgroup.
| >
| > --
| > Kind regards,
| >
| > Niek Otten
| > Microsoft MVP - Excel
| >
| > "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91343C82-106D-40AF-A919-A5E275ADBB57@microsoft.com...
| > |I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell.
| > | For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to
| > | return the date of 10/14/2006.

0
nicolaus (2022)

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Dates #9

2011 Calendar templates
what's up with the calendar templates? why can't i find a 2011 calendar in Word 2007 templates or online. i would like both a 12 month calendar 1 month per page and the 6 months per page Can anyone help me? Thresa See http://www.spreadsheetguys.com/downloads/templates/calendar or http://download.cnet.com/Excel-Calendar-Template/3000-2077_4-10346449.html -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

Single click selects multiple cells

Qrp Date functions

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

date tracking

Short time vs short date

Date Calculation

date modified

Date function quit working

Date format 04-11-06

Function to determine Directory Size
I'd like to be able to determine the size of a directory or group of files. Does anyone know of an add-in that has a function whereby I can specify a path and get the size of directory of groups of files as the return value? Ex: =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School") =dirsize("C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\School\*.doc") It would also be helpful if there were an option to include subdirectories. -- Thanks, Bob Chmara Argh.... Make that "get the size of a directory or group of files" Bob "Bob Chmara" fatfing...