Date Problem #2

Hi All

Please can someone advise me what to do, I have a date in a textbox where I
am using the AddDate method to increment the day , but I am getting strange
results.
Is this because the US date? if so how do I change this to work for the UK
date?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
regards
Subs

0
atof31 (5)

Hiya-
i'm not sure what formula you're using-
I put a random date in A1 and pasted the following formula in B1 & C1:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+1)

it increased the day by 1 in both cells.
I then changed the format to UK and it worked just fine.
Is this what you're looking for?
If not let me know,
pim

--
Pim
Pim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27565

Date 12-13-07
Hi, I'm trying to work on a huge Database project that involves lots of dates. I have records that go back to 1897. Anyways I'm entering data in for each day of the year and I was wondering if there is a faster way like in Excel that will automatically pick up the date. Example 02/01/1897, 02/02/1897, 02/03/1897...and so on. This there any formula and anything that will help make it go faster??? Thank You, Amanda Any chance you could do the dates in Excel and import them into Access afterwards? (no, since Access is not a spreadsheet, the feature you'd use in Excel is ...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

Split combined date time data #3
From file dump have combined date time cells eg "14/04/03 14:20" (value 37725.59722). Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722). Is there a fnc to do this? (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively) One way: Data/Text to Columns. Select Delimited, and click Next. Check the Space checkbox and click Finish. In article <D84AFF1F-CA34-456B-AA06-926914397A3C@microsoft.com>,...

Update for Microsoft XML core service 6.service pack 2
Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't load millypede wrote: > Updates are ready. Message bubble shows constantly. Updates won't > load Operating System? Service Pack level? Architecture? Anything that you have tried? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

OWA display problem
Our Outlook is performing normally when accessed internally. When accessing by way of OWA, however, we can see the headers, but cannot open the message. We can compose new messages and send them. We cannot see the message body in a preview pane. Any ideas? Steve, It sounds like you might have URLScan installed on the OWA server. Please have a look at the following article to see if it is relevant. 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided &...

Problem with post callout
Hi. I'm able to create files on the server as response to accounts being created in CRM. However, I'm not able to load other .NET assemblies or applications from the same component. Any idea why? Are those other assemblies strong named? If not, you either need to make them strong named or create a wrapper. I know you can do this with a utility, but don't have the steps handy. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:21:02 -0700, "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Confidentiality Notice #2
How do i configure Exchange 2003 to add a Confidentiality Notice at the bottom of all outgoing emails?? Can this be done without using Visual Basic? Thanks, Greg ...

Need help converting date time to date only
I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in m attachment. I want to convert this column in to date only. Pleas help. Thanks Geng Attachment filename: sales - open orders test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without looking at your file you could use the following formula in a helper column =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in ...

Problems with the installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Had a copy of Mac:Office 12.0.0, but couldn't ever upgrade it successfully. Finally bought another copy (digital download) of 12.1.6 to install - had already moved the other to a 'safe location'. The install completes successfully, however, when attempting to open any of the Office programs I get the following error: "A problem has been detected with the Microsoft Office installation." and "try running the Office Installer again to resolve the problem". I have run the installer four add...

Inserting Rows Problem
Hi there, I have a list of about 2000 rows. However, in between each of thes rows I want to insert a blank row that can be used for people to writ in once the list is printed off. Is there a quick way to do this? Kind regards Andre -- andyp16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andyp161's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1165 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26611 If you insert rows it will affect sorting, etc. and be a real pain. Many posts here want to delete blank rows ...

Problem consuming a webservice
Hello all. I have a problem I cannot figure out. I have an ASp.NET we app that receives names of bible books. I get an "*Illegal character in path*" error. My codes look like this: net.webservicex.www.BibleWebservice ws = ne net.webservicex.www.BibleWebservice(); dsBible.ReadXml(ws.GetBookTitles()); <----------this is where th error is DataGrid1.DataSource = dsBible; DataGrid1.DataBind(); Now, if I save the contents into a xml text file, my datagrid render the data fine. My suspicion is the webmethod is sending me escap sequences (CR, LF, etc..) and if its saves onto a text f...

custom header date formats
How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the date to display in a specific format (ex: MMDDYY or MMDDYYYY) Thanks! Ron --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use something like: & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy") HTH Otto "Ron777 >" <<Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com... > How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use > &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the...

I am having problems with "Calendar"
Hi all I'm trying to make a calendar that cycles (January February March etc.) starting from 2010 to when ever in MS Publisher. I have Calendar Creator by Broudbund that does this but whenever I converted to a PDF file, the file for each month is a little under 5 MB (I think because it is created as a JPEG file) which is not good for my application. Whenever I convert the MS Publisher "Calendar" to a PDF file it runs about 72 kB. But I haven't figured out how to sequence the program where it will automatically make a calendar page for each month while carrying o...

Namespace problem
I've the following code, taken from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml02172003.asp to select a node from RSS file. However, I'm always getting a null returning for the SelectSingleNode(), why? if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("RDF") && feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI.Equals("http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-s yntax-ns#")) { NamespaceUri = "http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"; } else if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("rss")) { NamespaceUri = feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI; } ...

displaying dates in UK format
I didn't write the original database and my knowledge of database design is not good enough to duplicate the work already done. With a variety of computers running Windows98 and/or XP, using Access2003, I cannot get dates to display on my forms in UK format (i.e. dd/mm/yyyy or even d/m/yy). The computers in use all have the short date format set to dd/mm/yyyy in regional settings. I have read through http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html and tried the formatting suggested there and it didn't work for me. I added it to "Lost focus" and "OnExit" and ...

Outlook problems after WinXP updates
I installed critical updates for Windows XP on my laptop Wednesday. Nowmy Outlook hangs and I am unable to send new messages or reply to messages while using VPN. Any ideas? Suggestions? ...

Outlook 2007 Search Problem
I work at the Help Desk for a University. A client has called complaining that recently Outlook 2007's search bar started returning "bad results." For instance, if she searches for Smith, she'll get e- mails that were sent to Smith, or have Smith in the body, but not e- mails that are FROM Smith. She used to get better results. I pointed her to the advanced search feature (available in a sub-menu, or available right there when Instant Search is installed), and showed her how to search specific fields. She's still not satisfied, though. It used to work, she claims, and sh...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Integration manager VBScript email problem
I am doing something wrong with my Document Error script and I can't pinpoint the problem. This script should send an email when a document error is encountered with a link to the log file (I would really rather send the file as an attachemnt, but I was never able to get it to work so this is the second best option). Everything with this script works until I add the file link in the objMessage.HTMLBody. It will send the message, however, the message just says "False". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you! 'Set path to the log files Set pFSO = ...

Outlook Express #2
I have Outlook Express installed on two computers at two separate residences. Both are set to check the same comcast email address. One works fine but the other I keep getting errors when I try to send out emails etc. Should I be able to use Outlook express at two separate locations to check the same email at different times without a problem. Sounds a bit like the problem I am having (see my post from earlier today). Both my PCs are configured the same: one keeps prompting me for the POP3 password for each e-mail account, the other I have been able to successfully save the pa...

2 Axes, same scale wanted
Hi Is it possible to set my second y axis so that the scale is identical to the first y axis. (My chart needs to have 2 axes as one plots daily values and one plots annual) but I find that excel automatically assigns diferent scales to each? This same reference should apply to dual axis charts. You can apply scales to both primary and secondary axes using worksheet cells via Jon's explanation below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "jonny" wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to set my sec...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...