Database with Works suite 2003?

Is the database bundled with Works suite 2003 the same as Access 2002?

Thanks in advance
douglas

Douglas

Sorry, it's a simple answer

No.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Douglas Sey" <douglassey@connel.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is the database bundled with Works suite 2003 the same as Access 2002?
>
> Thanks in advance
> douglas

Douglas

I doubt it very much, but you could check with the Access or Works Suite News
Groups.

This is an Excel NG.

See here for a list of MS News Groups.

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Set OE server to msnews.microsoft.com

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:28:27 -0000, "Douglas Sey"
<douglassey@connel.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Is the database bundled with Works suite 2003 the same as Access 2002?
>
>Thanks in advance
>douglas

0
Gord

Migrating sbs 2003 to new server
Hey all, anyone got any guides about migrating to a new server? Greetz, -- Rob. This article may provide ideas. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278439&sd=tech "Rob Tillie" <Rob__NSPAM_AT_NOSPAM_flep-tech_DOT_nl> wrote in message news:uDtDEzG0EHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hey all, > > anyone got any guides about migrating to a new server? > > Greetz, > -- Rob. ...

Excel 2003-provide feedback with sound
Trying to set in the options of MS Excel 2003 "provide feedback with sound", a message appears, that I have to download the Microsoft Sounds Add-in from the MS download page. But there is a hint, that this Add-in is only up to Excel XP and so it is not possible to install this feature. Is there any other version for MS Excel 2003? I installed Microsoft Office Sounds and it works in all versions from Excel 97 to Excel 2003. I didn't have to do anything special beyond selecting it under Options. So it "should" work. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Dirk" <Di...

Outlook 2003 mail stuck in Outbox
I have Outlook 2003 and Win XP with a home network & broadband connection. When I try to send an email, it gets stuck in the outbox. I receive email fine, and my test of the email account setup is successful. When I try to send,, I get this message: Sending and receiving reported error (0x8004011D). The server is not available. Contact your administrator if the condition persists. What should I do. The condition does persist, and I don't have an administrator. Hi Shelterdog, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840835 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern ...

Outlook 2003: Email address in 'From' column of Inbox.
Anyone know how to get the full email address to display in the 'from' column of the inbox in Outlook 2003? I have about half a dozen "Dave"s that all have different email address but they're indistinguishable in the inbox. Plus, I'm sick of just seeing someone's name when I really need to know the company name more than anything else. At least with a proper email address, I can easily work out if it's a legit email from a known company or spam. I don't want to have to read the post to see if it's valid. ------------------------------------------...

Monitoring Exchange 2003
How do I check the mail messages sitting in my SMTP queue using Exchange System Manager? Under property, the status is showing "Retry Remote Delivery". What is a better way to monitor what is going on in my Exchange server? I am running Exchange 2003 server. Is there also a way of seeing incoming emails before they are delivered to the intended recipients? If I can not use the Exchange System Manager in monitoring, what else can I use? Thanks Emma ...

GetPrivateProfileSectionName won't work in VC++.NET 2002
How do I get GetPrivateProfileSectionName function to work in VC++.NET 2002? It works fine in the 2003 version, but I can't get it to work in the 2002 version which is what I use at home. Z.K. Z.K. wrote: > How do I get GetPrivateProfileSectionName function to work in VC++.NET > 2002? It works fine in the 2003 version, but I can't get it to work in > the 2002 version which is what I use at home. > > Z.K. Oh, the error is that it is an undeclared identifier. I am assuming I need to include some header file, but I don't know which one though I did ...

Outlook 2003 #134
I'm having a problem w/dragging & dropping email into folders while using MS Outlook 2003. After dropping about 3/4 email messages into folders (no matter where you drop them)I recieve this error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command". I've ckecked Event Viewer & task manager & cannot find any information about this problem so I can address it.I have also tried "Rebooting" and still get the same issue. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue??? ... .. I too am experiencing the exact same problem with Outlook ...

It all started with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange SP2
We have a simple domain - one DC and one Member server supporting Exchange 2003. Both run with - DC Windows 2003 Enterprise and Exchange Windows 2003 Standard. My clients all use Office 2003 Professional. I have installed SP1 on both and SP2 on the Exchange server. Now the fun starts and where I am looking for help. Point 1 - I understand that the new Firewall using SCW has some problems; to the extent that Microsoft has issued a Troubleshooting Guide. I see there could be problems (article ID 896742) and Microsoft has a fix. I also understand that the recommendation is not to use SC...

Outlook 2003
Our firm is just converting to Outlook 2003, and we're having a problem. If a lawyer has given full access rights to his/her assistant, then that assistant goes into the lawyers' Email and deletes something, it goes to the *assistant's* trash, not the lawyers. Same goes if they send an Email, it goes to the *assistant's* sent items, not the lawyers. Is there anyway to keep this from happening and being put in the appropriate person's folders? Thanks ...

Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010
Hi, I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std. I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes. i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for Exchange 2010. Sbs server will be dismiss. Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ? Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem) Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ? Thank you very much Lorenzo Hi Lorenzo: By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies listed in the various groups and els...

Separate database server for CRM
We have CRM installed accross an application server and a separate database server. We're getting an error when our custom pages try to access a custom database. The error message: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Everything works fine in the development environment, which unfortunately has everything on one server. >From other information we've found, the issue seems to be that the ASPNet user is not being authenticated on the database server. If we turn on anonymous access and force it to a domain ac...

INDEX do not work
hi... I have this cell containing {=INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307;poeng_1))} It stopped working. It's supposed to fetch the last numer i a column but not the nulls It shows 0 even though it should say 24 right now.. -- Kind regards ´┐Żyvind Granberg tresfjording@live.no www.tresfjording.com There's nothing wrong with your formula, although it *doesn't* need the CSE entry (if that's what the curly brackets signify), AND it could be shortened to: =INDEX(poeng_1;MATCH(99^99;poeng_1)) OR =LOOKUP(99^99;poeng_1) I would suspect something's differen...

Exch 2003/Outlook 2003 inbox sync problem
Greetings, After several hardware problems on a SBS Server 2003 I can no longer sync my inbox with Outlook 2003? All other folders sync just fine. After a manual sync the properties of the inbox show 147 items on the server and 0 items in the off-line folder. I have deleted the .ost file and had outlook recreate it -- no change. I updated to sp1 -- no change. I logged in on a different box with OL2003sp1 -- no change. ANY help or pointers are appreciated. -Steve S. ...

OL 2003
Hello, I recently began receiving e-mails from a Listserv group that is work related. Unfortunately, some messages are arriving with the MIME message below: ----- Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=__Part4D6FD98F.0__=" This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages. ----- How can I set up Outlook 2003 to translate these e-mails? Thanks, SCT sctvoice <sctvoice2@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I recently began ...

Unexpected VSS error (30218) when restoring database to new instan
I am attempting to restore databases backed up by DPM 2007 to a new test server running the same version of SQL 2005 that the production system runs. After running though the recovery console and selecting the test server and the destination, DPM starts to restore and almost immediately produces an error, "Operation failed because DPM encountered and unexpected VSS error (30218)" Searching on this error I was asked to look at the application logs on the destination server for the issue but could find no issues logged on either the destination or DPM servers. I applie...

My webpage only works in Internet Explorer
I have no idea why other browsers doesn't like my webpage. It's a simple design with a background, and only a textbox that changes when you navigate. Has anyone else experienced the same problems? Please repost your question in the web group along with which version of Publisher you are using and the address of your website, and we will help you there. microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "Tine" <Tine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B41BABF1-AEA5-407E-A923-8618E2988592@microsoft.com... >I have no idea why other browsers doesn't lik...

Can anybody tell me how this works?
Set fileObj = CreateObject("scripting.filesystemobject") fileObj.CopyFile strBackEndName, strBackupName, True Stapes That sets a reference to FSO (File System Object), which is part of VB Scripting. It then uses FSO's CopyFile method to make a copy of the file. Now, since I was reading another thread you have going, I'm guessing you want to use this because it doesn't give you the "File In Use" error you're getting through other methods. Be aware that just because FSO's CopyFile method will copy a file that's in use, that doesn't mean it&#...

Visio 2003 How to darken expansion timeline connecting lines?
When I create a expansion timeline,the dotted lines which connect the expansion timeline to the primary timeline are so pale that they can barely be seen when the drawing is printed out. I can not figure out how to make them darker. Any help would be appreciated. Select the expanded timeline shape. Then go to Edit > Open Expanded Timeline to open the group edit window. Select the dashed lines you want to format and make any changes you want. Then close the edit window. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

1:4 ratio GC proces to Exchange 2003 procs
I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange processors as outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875427/en-us. Do you include the passive excahnge nodes in the equation? No since it's not actively talking to the GC so it's not using resources. The ratio does not really account for anything else that may be utilizing resources on your GC such as SPAM apps, directory synchs, or anthing else you may have as well. James Chong randomuser wrote: > I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange > processors as outlined in http://support.micros...

Need Help
Greetings, We have a requirement to migrate out Lotus Notes to Outlook 2003. Me and my team has never done such a migration. Can someone please help me in coming out an approach for this. Basically, I would like to know the things to be taken care before, mid and after deployment? How to deploy (i.e tools or something else)? A best practice for such migration, if possible. TIA ...

going back to 2003 #2
i just installed 2007, and i am thinking that i may want to go back to 2003 version. has the .pst file changed? can i simply uninstall outlook 2007 and re-install outlook 2003? and keep the rest of office 2007? has anyone tried this? -- jeffrey You can probably do what you are asking. However, if you use Word as your e-mail editor, both must be of the same version. Give Outlook 2007 a try. "jeffrey" <astro46@gmail.com> wrote in message news:K54Fh.780$bb1.390@newssvr17.news.prodigy.net... >i just installed 2007, and i am thinking that i may want to go back to 20...

Macro is not working properly
-- Life isa journey not a destination Merry X'mas created an excel file with macros in it for printing. when i saved this file on other computers, the buttons with macros assigned is not working. Is it because that i changed the file name when i was saving it on other computer, but when i changed it to the previous name then also the macros are not working, please advice the solution. The file is properly working in the computer from where i created the macros, even thoughthe file name is changed. Macros were enabled in all the computers. Thanks & rgds -- Life ...

Task work-flow...
This seems really simple but the field doesn't seem to be available. Once a task is complete I want to send an email to the tasks creator, any ideas. The field is on screen, but not selectable in the workflow manager? ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Move Problem
We are currently running Exchange 2003 in a single domain/site on Windows 2000 platform servers. Although still in mixed mode, all of our mailboxes and public folders have been migrated to the E2K3 servers. In an attempt to isolate then fix a Blackberry problem, two months ago multiple users mailboxes were moved from E2K3 Server A to E2K3 Server B. Once the problem was resolved, our administrators began moving the mailboxes back to their original E2K3 Server/Storage Group/Mail Store. All of the moves were successful except for two. Each attempt to move these two mailboxes to their origina...

Converting MS query from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007
I have a master spreadsheet that I want to convert to xlsm format. However, I have two other spreadsheets that utilize MS Query to pull data from my master spreadsheet. How can I convert my master spreadsheet without losing the MS queries I have built in the other two spreadsheets? Is there a simple conversion process? I have tried to update the individual ms queries but I keep on getting error messages when I point to my master spreadsheet with the xlsm extension. Thanks. The "problem" with MS-Query and Excel 2007 is that instead of downloading the query to a data...