Custom auto-sorting...possible?

Is there a way to have excel auto-sort (cutom) by criteria in 3 columns?
I think it might be easier to explain by viewing the workbook
http://poolgod.zftp.com/predictions.xls.
The picture shows how I need it to sort. I found some information on
auto-sort in help and also on the net, but I don't know how to
incorporate the multiple criteria or if it's even possible. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

--
Pools
Pools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961

What do you mean by "auto-sort"?  What do you want to do?  When do you want
this to happen?   HTH   Otto
"Pools" <Pools.2aaqfn_1151807102.6579@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Pools.2aaqfn_1151807102.6579@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Is there a way to have excel auto-sort (cutom) by criteria in 3 columns?
> I think it might be easier to explain by viewing the workbook
> http://poolgod.zftp.com/predictions.xls.
> The picture shows how I need it to sort. I found some information on
> auto-sort in help and also on the net, but I don't know how to
> incorporate the multiple criteria or if it's even possible. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
>

> --
> Pools
> Pools's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=557630

0
ottokmnop (389)
7/2/2006 4:42:25 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'd like for it to sort when a value changed in
the wins column, or if that's not possible, to have a button that would
sort by all 3 criteria when pressed.

Thanks again,
Steve

--
Pools
Pools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=557630

When you say, "Sort by 3 criteria",
What exactly do you mean?

You mention wins.
So, I picture a 3 column datalist, with team names in Column A, wins in
Column B, losses in Column C.
Perhaps a fourth column with a formula that calculates a percentage which
determines the placement of the teams, the highest percentage being first,
the next highest being second, and so on.

So, where does auto sort on 3 criteria come in?
--
Regards,

RD

"Pools" <Pools.2ac5d0_1151873104.2029@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Pools.2ac5d0_1151873104.2029@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Thanks for the reply. I'd like for it to sort when a value changed in
> the wins column, or if that's not possible, to have a button that would
> sort by all 3 criteria when pressed.
>
> Thanks again,
> Steve
>

> --
> Pools
> Pools's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=557630

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
7/3/2006 1:25:50 AM
By 3 criteria, I meant sort by set (which is the only way I could think
of to keep the teams in their own divisions) (lowest to highest), then
sort by wins (highest to lowest), then sort by team (A-Z) ... the team
sort is only to keep an alphabetical order among tied records in the
same division. There is no need for a winning percentage, highest win
total is sufficient.

In the xls link I have in the post is a picture of exactly how I'd
like for it to sort.

Thanks for the interest in helping,
Steve

--
Pools
Pools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=557630

auto number index snafu
I have a 2003 DB I've been adding to for 2 years. It's at 423 records = now. I export to a PDF for simpler searching and viewing. Using the search the other day, I went to grab DVD 186, on carousel tower= 2. And what came up didn't match the record. The index was totally screwed. I went thru all 423 records and created a numeric index by hand. The auto number field is useless. But I would still prefer an auto number field. Trouble is when I create the auto number field, it's still off the actual numbers of the records.. ie: 99-100 is actually 99-186,187, 188, 189 100-385,...

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

Auto complete in Excel (Office) 2003
Is it possible to increase the *memory* of autocomplete?? I notice in the columns that excel will attempt to autocomplete if the text has been used in the last 100 or so cells (i think). What I would like is it to attempt to remember , say, 500 cells back. Is this possible?? Have I explained myself well enough? :-) Cheers Bob Check http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219730 fo possible solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook 2003 Imap Auto Purge wish list
I hope someone at Microsoft can code in a auto purge Imap deleted email function into there next Service Pack. I can see a problem rolling this out to our employees. There going to delete messages and those messages are going to stay on the Email server until they do a Purge. I'm afraid they just won't do this. We use Imap. No auto purge means emails staying on the server which over time just takes up hard drive space and makes tape backups take longer. wayne Hi Wayne, You should send suggestions to mswish@microsoft.com as the newsgroups are not monitored for feature request...

Auto Forward mail to a group of External addresses
Can someone please tell me how I create an Auto Forward to a group of external email addresses. I want to setup an auto forward on my exchange so that all mail sent to forward@mydomain.com is then forwarded to a group of email accounts such as me@hotmail.com, me@yahoo.com, user@mail.com. Can someone please tell me how I set this up on an exchange server. I know how to do it for an individual but I can't work out how I create an auto forward for a group of people. Thanks for any advice! what version Exchange? only the terminology is different...create custom recipients/contacts ...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Is it possible to generate non-technical schema validation errors?
With the 1.0 Framework, I've worked out using the XmlValidatingReader. Since I'm using the validation errors as feedback to the end user, I'm hoping to get away from techy messages such as "The 'http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd:MaxDependents' element has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at file:///c:/work/prodika/main/code/apps/schemavalidation/XMLFile1.xml(8, 25)." and go with a user friendly message of "Max Dependents must be between 0 and 10". I've scoured the newsgroups, MSDN and docs for creating custom valid...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

Mailbox needs reducing
We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no limits, it's now 11GB!! Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and do it, can Exchange do it? In news:euNRN1iPHHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no > limits, it's now 11GB!! > > Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and > do it, can Exchange do it? Presuming you're not on 5x or earlier, you can use mailbox management policies to get rid of items ol...

Auto forward incoming mails.
Outlook 2003. How to configure such that all incoming mails to exchange will auto forward to my personnal email address? You can create a rule for that; Tools-> Rules and Alerts Note that automatic forwarding is disabled by (secure) default on the Exchange server. To enable see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uNQsdGAkEHA....

Sort behaves unexpectedly
Over the years I've come to count on being able to sort be a column header. That is, all of the rows below the headers have data and at least two rows above the headers are empty. I have a spreadsheet now where rows 1, 2 and 3 have random info in them. Rows 4 and 5 are empty. Row six has column labels, and rows 7-45 have data. If I put my cursor on one of the headers (e.g., "name"), and click sort a/z, it sorts only the rows in the group, but it sorts the header row into the rest of them. Rows 1-3 aren't affected. How come? I've never had this happen before. ...

Vendor/Customer Secondar Address
Hi I have written small program in C# by using Econnect 10 I updating Customer and Vendor it works fine but I cannot update the Secondary address for both Customer/Vendor can any body tell me which Econnect schema I have to use to update the Secondary address. Regards Thirumal ...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

building a custom calender control
I'm trying to build a calender control that will allow the user to select a month and display any appoitments / jobs due for that month. I want it to look like the calender in Outlook. i'm having trouble creating this in ACCESS 2007. Could anyone help please? This is a gigantic task. Is there some particular area where you are having a problem? Most people would opt for automation of outlook rather than trying to accomplish this... -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t wor...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

ComboBox with AutoCompleteMode = SuggestAppend and custom search (Contains)?
Hi, I have a class FlightStation with a Search property that combines two attributes. I like to search not only for matching strings from the beginning, but rather from any where in the string. (With the Contains method or the string class) What is the best and quickest solution to implement such a search when using a combobox and not a TextBox for the input? I know about implementing a derived class like this: class FlightStationBindingList : BindingList<FlightStation> { // ... } But is there a more quick and dirty solution ?! - Sorry :-) My solution with the Tex...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

Auto Fill a Textbox in Form
What is the simplest way to auto fill a textbox (in a form) with the maximum values of more than one field in the last record entered, in the same table? Can the =DMax function be used for this? I have tried =DMax(“[field_1]”, “[field_2]”, “[field_3]” , “table_1”)+1, but this doesn’t work. Is something like this possible with two or more feilds with DMax? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com See MinOfList() and MaxOfList() here: http://allenbrowne.com/func-09.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allen...

Customer Messages
I know that you can link a pop-up message to an item that will display on the POS when an item is scanned. Can you do something like this for when a customer is selected? We have a membership program that has an expiration date and requires reapplying, we would like to know how close to the expiration when a customer is entered. Thank you for you help Not out of the box. Maybe someone will reply with a custom add-on. Are you tracking the expiration date using one of the custom date fields in the customer record? If you are not using the custom number fields, if one is avai...

Customizing a CFontDialog
In my program the user has to choose several fonts. I've put a button on MyOptionsDialog that right now just runs a CFontDialog with its DoModal() member function. But the caption on the dialog is simply "FONT". Is there any (easy) way to customize this to remind the user of which font he's choosing? TIA Norm "Ken Lee" <DoNotSendMeMail@Junk.com> wrote in message news:058001c3606e$fdbfcb60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > >-----Original Message----- > >In my program the user has to choose several fonts. I've > put a button on &g...

Customer Relationship not shared
I have an issue with the following CRM 3.0 scenario: User A is member of the top level business unit User B is member of a business unit which is child of the top level business unit User B is member of Team X. Contact 1 and Contact 2 are owned by user A, and both are shared to Team X with read, write and append privilege. Between Contact 1 and Contact 2, a customer relationship is created by User B. Both the contacts are accessible by User B, however the customer relationship is not visible to User B. Does anyone know if this is by design? And has anyone a suggestion for ...

Adding GAL users into a custom form
Hi, I have created a custom form, and am required to add a series of approvers. What I am trying to achieve is: * Add users from my GAL into a text field, so that when the form is sent, they do not get initially CC'ed the form. Is this achievable, and if so, how do I do it (if you could help by including any appropriate code, that would be great). Regards, Rick ...

Online payment for bills with special categories, possible?
For instance I have bills for my credit card or loan payments that I have categorized as either "credit card payment: Amex" or "Loan Payment: Wells Fargo". When I view the bills in the summart there is no option to pay these online. Am I missing something? ...