Currency Conversion formula

I need anyones help.. I need a formula that converts the Pound to us
dollars and another one that converts us dollars to pound.

Can anyone help me

Mel

forum (466)

With your Pounds in A2, and your Pound/$ conversion factor in B2, enter
=ROUND(A2/B2,2) in Col C2.  To calculate your $/Pound (If you want to use
exactly the same ratio, which is not always correct), in Col F2 enter =1/B2,
with your $ value in Col E2.  In Col G2 enter =ROUND(E2/F2,2)

"Mel Garcia via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> I need anyones help.. I need a formula that converts the Pound to us
> dollars and another one that converts us dollars to pound.
>
> Can anyone help me
>
> Mel

Kassie (262)
4/3/2005 8:07:01 AM
Thank You, but I am new at excell and this is online excercise..The book
does not say much about how to this.. I have figured everything out but hs
last step.

This teacher is not much help.

Thanks
Mel

forum (466)

Conditional Formatting Formula
After some help with Conditional Formatting. As an example I have the following data in cells B1 & B2; Cell B1 "Project 1 - Testing" Cell B2 "Project 2 - Not Issued" I want the cells containing the words "Not Issued" to be shaded (Green). In this example that would be "B2". Also I would like the same shading applied to cells A2, C2 to H2. Thanks hi while holding the Ctrl key down...with the mouse...select A2,C2 and H2. on the menu bar>format>conditional format Formula is.......=$B2="Not Issued"......pick your shade ...

Moving the formula bar out of the way
I have some long formulas that cause the formula bar to display over the column letters. It helps when I check formulas to see what columns are in the formula without having to moving back and forth to a blank cell. Is there a way to move the formula bar so I can see the column letters? Thanks, Phillycheese5 -- Phillycheese5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Phillycheese5's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24196 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498800 You can toggle it off...

Formula #13
I have set up a spreadsheet showing charges & payments - s far I have four pages. How does one set up the total at the bottom of page 1 to be carried forward to the next Pages ? When you say "pages", do you mean worksheets? If so, then you can just reference the cell on Sheet 1 from Sheet 2. Like this: In a cell on Sheet 2 enter: ='Sheet 1'!A10 This will pull the value from Cell A10 on the worksheet called Sheet 1. Change the worksheet name and cell reference to match your own. HTH, Elkar "Ricsec" wrote: > I have set up a spreadsheet showing ch...

formula help #14
I have a plethora of spreadsheets that I would like to alter by adding specific text to all cells immediately to the right of a cell with specific text. Example: For all cells that read University of Maine I would like to add a cell to its right that has the text "Black Bears Main Gym". How do I get excel to do this for me without me going through, finding all desired cells and adding the new info myself? Please help ASAP. Much appreciated! Edit/Replace HTH, Greg "CJer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:199d201c41cd1$9cf91a50$...

Excel Formula Help #3
Is the following possible in Microsoft Excel, and if so, how? Let's say I have a worksheet with the following cell values: A2: 5 A3: 7 A4: 10 A5: 2 A6: 7 Now, what I'd like to be able to do is have a cell, let's say A10 which will give the SUM of A2-A? where ? is a number specified in cell C1. So if I put in a 4 in C1, cell A10 would read 22. If I put in a 6 in cell C1, cell A10 would read 31. Can anyone help me here? Thanks! One way Put in A10: =SUM(INDIRECT("A2:A"&C1)) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo&l...

copy formula in 2007
When I drag the formula in a cell it appears correctly in every copied cell but returns the numerical value in the original cell. "hanslip" <hanslip@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 7DCE8264-5AA3-4AC7-9A82-D19C36C24E54@microsoft.com... > When I drag the formula in a cell it appears correctly in every copied > cell > but returns the numerical value in the original cell. Click on Office button, Excel options, Formulas, Calculation mode, and check that "automatic is selected. Daniel These are the 'Help' instructikons that ...

What is wrong with this formula?
I get the opposite effect when I apply this formula... =IF(D75=D76,"Balanced","Error") The answer is "Error", even though the amount is exactly the same in D75 and D76. If I reverse it I still get the wrong answer... =IF(D75<>D76,"Error","Balanced" The answer is "Balanced" I must be missing some very basic syntax knowledge. The cells D75 and E76 are definitely the same number format. Thanks for your help. Not sure, it works for me. But as your last paragraph mentions D75 and E76, should the formula not be: =IF(D75...

Formula for moving target in macro
Hi I am very used to making macros with Lotus123 ... yes, the oldie one. But now i am lost with Excel. Lets say i am in a column F for ex. The number of lines is not constant. I want to copy the formula in F9 to cells frim F10 to the end of the ciolumn. In Lotus i would go to the {end}{bottom} How do i do in Excel ? I am really lost with this VB language. Help is very welcome. Michel "Michel" <.@.> wrote... >I am very used to making macros with Lotus123 ... yes, the oldie one. >But now i am lost with Excel. > >Lets say i am in a column F for ex. >The number o...

How do I enter a formula that multiplies columns?
I'm trying to enter a formula so that when I type numbers in columns, like B & C, I get the result (of multiplying) the columns in column D or wherever. I can do it individually, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it apply to all the numbers as I add them. Help would be outstanding!! TKS Hi TKS I am not quite sure if I understand you correctly, but what I would do is this: If you want to have numbers in Columns A, B and C and multiply them in Column D, you could enter following formula to your column D: =3DA1*B1*C1 which of course only works, if all three...

Time Formula
What formula do I apply to the following Start time is 10:00 PM and finish time is 7:00 AM Answer is 9 hour shift I need the 9 hour shift to read as 9:00 or simply just 9 I have been trying out the TEXT function but my answer is 15?? Thank you for your replies. Try =MOD(endtime-start_time,1) or perhaps more pedagogical =(endtime<start_time)+(endtime-start_time) start in A1 end in B1 =MOD(B1-A1,1) or =(B1<A1)+(B1-A1) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "SpiderKat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6231A72E-986B-495B-8CF7-66815F5AAC8F@microsoft.co...

draw chart using a formula
I've to create a chart using a formula instead of value. Is it possible ? Do you mean something like have values a A1:A20 and formulas such as =2*A1^2+3*A1-7 in column B? If so just select the cells and plot. If you want a more complex answer I am sure one of the MVP will provide it shortly. Bernard "BoB Bedford" <NoSpam@YouKnowWhatToDoHere.com> wrote in message news:%233l5DyX8DHA.2712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I've to create a chart using a formula instead of value. Is it possible ? > > Hi Bernard, Thanks for your help > Do you mean something like ...

command code ( GOTO command) in formula
I had used an "IF " formula ( in cell C3) and get the result in cell F58. Cell F58 is a blank cell with photo. I need to screen to show cell F58 that is move the cursor to cell F58. What is the command to be put in the "IF" formula? Thank You ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Array Constant: How do I reference each value in a formula
I have an array constant {1000,1.2,2%} in cell A1 S = 1000 P = 1.2 R = 2% How do I reference the array constant to create this formula: =(S/P)-((S/P)*R) Hi, I can't duplicate your entry. First, to be an array it must be entered starting with an = for example ={1,2,3} Second, you show the last argument as 2% - Excel won't accept the % in and array entry. Maybe you are typing {1000,1.2,2%} into the cell? If so, it is not an array, its just a bunch of text. You could enter it as ={1000,1.2,0.02} -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "notso" wrote: > I have an array co...

If Formula #2
How would I make an if formula to say if Column A = MF then add the numbers in column B so that it would be MF=18 and FW=8? A B MF 3 FW 4 MF 2 MF 6 MF 7 FW 4 One way: =SUMIF(A:A,"MF", B:B) In article <0a4601c37b9f$56f0bd20$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Matt" <matthew_elliott75@yahoo.com> wrote: > How would I make an if formula to say if Column A = MF > then add the numbers in column B so that it would be MF=18 > and FW=8? > > A B > MF 3 > FW 4 > MF 2 > MF 6 > MF 7 > FW 4 ...

Formula to fill one cell from another
I have a table of data based upon the 12 months of the year, one month per column. Other data is added to the spreadsheet with associated month numbers: e.g., 124 for 1 (January), 34.5 for 4 (April), etc. This other data comes in sequentially; i.e., if there are only 3 months of data, they will come in three adjacent cells. I need to ensure this other data is placed in the correcy month within the table; e.g., 124 for 1 is put into the table's January column; 34.5 for 4 is put into the table's April column; etc. I seem to remember, a while back, there was a function(?...

One formula on multiple workbooks question
I update, track and save about 80 workbooks. They all have the same format and formulas. However, occasionally I need to change the formulas, so I have to update every workbook. Is there a way to save the formulas on one workbook and have all the others refer to the formulas on this. If so, how should I do this? Josh, If you want to actually change the text of the formulas, no. If you want to get data (stuff a formula returns, or text or numbers in a cell), use a link. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- &quo...

dividing currency as equally as possible
I'm trying to figure out a function/formula to calculate how to dispurse say $10.00 between 3 cells as equally as possible. IF A1 = $10.00, and B1, C1, and D1 each equal A1/3, then each get $3.33 equalling $9.99, when in fact I need two of them to get $3.33 and one of them to get $3.34 for the accurate total of $10.00. Financially, I MUST account for each penny! Interestingly, it's not important which cell gets which amount! Any help would be appreciated! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could just set D1 to A1-B1-C1. For division of an amount into 3 parts...

help with formula and lists
Hello first of I will explain what i need. i work for a printing company and we need something that will calculate direct costs and overheads i have created a workbook that contains the following: sheet1 contains a list of 26 stocked papers, cost per/000 and cost per sheet. sheet 2 contains labour costs for: binding, laminating, and printing. for each their is cost per hour, surplus materials, and cost per unit. Also for each of the processes their are 2-3 variations. for example for laminating it can be: gloss, matt or un-laminated. Each costing a different amount. Now this is where I...

Need a Formula based on multiple cirteria
I am building a spreadsheet that will continue to grow in size. Th basic outline of the spreadsheet is as follows: A // B // C // D // E // F // G // H // I // J // K // Sys Name // Project // Type of Bldg // Type of Work // Type of Price / W/L // LNFT // CST // HRS // $/LNFT // HRs/LNFT // Consept of the sheet is: Column A will be grouped (using the Group command) Column B is input for reference only, no lookup functions need apply Column C is a Drop Down menu consisting of approximately 10 differen types of Bldg. Column D is a Drop Down menu consisting of approximately 5 differen types ...

Excel 2003 Working Day Formula
Hi I am after a formula to clauclate working days for office 2003 not 2007? For example if the date which i have in cell B2: what code/formula would I use to determine one working day from that date for cell C2? Hope that makes sense, basically I want to clauclate 1 working day from the date entered in a cell. Mnay thanks Check your other post. housinglad wrote: > > Hi > > I am after a formula to clauclate working days for office 2003 not 2007? > > For example if the date which i have in cell B2: what code/formula would I > use to deter...

Can I use TODAY Function in a formula that will not change it the.
Hi please post your question as body of your message. Guessing you probably want something like: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tucson Guy" <TucsonGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0488EA8C-8BA7-4816-AEF9-C62166FB926D@microsoft.com... > ...

If date matches and formula hasn't already been calculated previou
So on one tab I have my colleagues enter certain values for that day and on another tab (a month overview and a year overview) it automatically copies the values over and then uses them in formulas to calculate data for graphs. I can get the data to copy over if the days match, and for it to remain blank if not. But how can I automatically set it up that once the day has been, it saves the information it had copied over previously rather than going blank because the dates no longer match? (Hence altering formulas and graphs?) Thanks in advance. ...

keep formula after typing in a value in a excel cell
Hi there, my problem is, that i need something like: there is a function in a excel-cell (for example '=setvalue("sqlserver", "DB", "table")'). now i type in a value (for example 100) then the function "setvalue" must write this value (100) in the server, db and table from the parameters. after leaving the cell the formula is still the same and only the value 100 ist visible for the user. and if i go back to the cell than i can see the function in the menubar. there is a product from applix (TM1) and they did it. the problem is, that the souce...

hidden formulas
I have a document that I need to send for review, but I don't want the reviewers to see the formulas. If I hide the formulas through the Format/Cell tab how secure is that. How easy is it for them to unlock the protection and see the formulas? Is there another, more secure, way? Thanks. Neda Depending on the level of experience of the reviewer:- Not; Very; and Not really. The number of unique worksheet passwords is very limited and you can find code in these groups very quickly and easily to go through every worksheet and unlock it. Best way would be to take a copy of the worksheet...

FRX Calc Formula...
I just would like to ask if my formula for CALC is correct.. In the row format, I am checking the value of a row. When the value is less than 0 or a negative it will display the value of another row. And if it is a positive it will also display another row. IF A1930>0 then A1960 else A1970 ...