Creating some sort of button that will take you to a new worksheet

I am not so much of a new user, but use Excel so infrequently that I usually
spend an entire day re-learning everything.  I am using Excel 2002.

My client is requesting I create a form in Excel.  Everything was going well
until I get to the request where they want some sort of button or something
that will allow them to click it and automatically be taken to a new form
(work sheet) if they click it.  I am thinking it should go to the first cell
enterable cell in the new worksheet.

Any suggestions?  Is this even possible?
0
Sonya (26)

Do you want to move to another (existing) sheet, or do you want to create a
new sheet when you click on this button?
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"Sonya" wrote:

> I am not so much of a new user, but use Excel so infrequently that I usually
> spend an entire day re-learning everything.  I am using Excel 2002.
>
> My client is requesting I create a form in Excel.  Everything was going well
> until I get to the request where they want some sort of button or something
> that will allow them to click it and automatically be taken to a new form
> (work sheet) if they click it.  I am thinking it should go to the first cell
> enterable cell in the new worksheet.
>
> Any suggestions?  Is this even possible?
If you create the new form as a template and save it with the cell you want
it to be started with as the active cell - delete any inactive sheets from
the template.  You could then use the following code in the click event of
your command button:

    Sheets.Add Type:= "Filepath\Filename.xlt"

One thing to be aware of on this is that if you have named ranges within
your templates these will cause a warning message so it is best if these are
removed.

Hth

Jon

"kassie" <kassie_kasselman@xxx.com> wrote in message
> Do you want to move to another (existing) sheet, or do you want to create
> new sheet when you click on this button?
> --
> Hth
>
> Kassie Kasselman
> Change xxx to hotmail
>

> "Sonya" wrote:
>
>> I am not so much of a new user, but use Excel so infrequently that I
>> usually
>> spend an entire day re-learning everything.  I am using Excel 2002.
>>
>> My client is requesting I create a form in Excel.  Everything was going
>> well
>> until I get to the request where they want some sort of button or
>> something
>> that will allow them to click it and automatically be taken to a new form
>> (work sheet) if they click it.  I am thinking it should go to the first
>> cell
>> enterable cell in the new worksheet.
>>
>> Any suggestions?  Is this even possible?

0
blank9523 (7)
5/9/2007 9:28:10 AM
Hi,

First let me apologize because I probably haven't described this well at
all.  Basically, this will be a form stored on a company's Intranet (so I
don't know if having a separate template file is feasible).  Basically, this
was my solution to a situation where the user completes the form to a point,
then there is a "Manager Only" section which I was thinking could be another
form in the same workbook.  I was thinking they could click a button, go to
the first field of the new form, complete the new form and then click another
button on THAT form that takes you BACK to the first form in the next field
where they left off.

Clear as mud, I am sure.

If it doesn't work, that's okay.  It was just my thought to make this a
little bit more user-friendly.  And I appreciate your thoughts on this.

"EeOr" wrote:

> If you create the new form as a template and save it with the cell you want
> it to be started with as the active cell - delete any inactive sheets from
> the template.  You could then use the following code in the click event of
> your command button:
>
>     Sheets.Add Type:= "Filepath\Filename.xlt"
>
> One thing to be aware of on this is that if you have named ranges within
> your templates these will cause a warning message so it is best if these are
> removed.
>
> Hth
>
> Jon
>

> "kassie" <kassie_kasselman@xxx.com> wrote in message
> > Do you want to move to another (existing) sheet, or do you want to create
> > new sheet when you click on this button?
> > --
> > Hth
> >
> > Kassie Kasselman
> > Change xxx to hotmail
> >

> > "Sonya" wrote:
> >
> >> I am not so much of a new user, but use Excel so infrequently that I
> >> usually
> >> spend an entire day re-learning everything.  I am using Excel 2002.
> >>
> >> My client is requesting I create a form in Excel.  Everything was going
> >> well
> >> until I get to the request where they want some sort of button or
> >> something
> >> that will allow them to click it and automatically be taken to a new form
> >> (work sheet) if they click it.  I am thinking it should go to the first
> >> cell
> >> enterable cell in the new worksheet.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?  Is this even possible?

0
Sonya (26)

double worksheets?
A co-worker was working in a regularly-used workbook. Suddenly a second, seemingly identical workbook opened; the two were named *.xls:1 and *.xls:2 respectively. A week ago, a similar situation happened with the same workbook, except the duplication occured upon opening, rather than after it was already open. At that time, when we closed one of the "versions" the colon-number additional extention disappeared. But after closing the remaining document and reopening, the duplication appeared again upon opening. Can anyone tell us what this means? Did she accidentally hit a comman...

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

Outlook 2003

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Can't create the item #2

Sorting Cells by Colors

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...

Fulfillment type orders
We have orders at the initial status (just entered) and the options to allow delete documents and void documents are enabled on the Sales Order Type. However, we can't get a void or delete button unless we move the fulfillment order through the confirm process to an "Invoice" to get a Delete? What's up with this? Very annoying. Jana, I know it is subtle and wish there was a better way to display it, but the Void option only applies to Invoice type IDs and not Fulfillment Order type IDs ("Void Invoice Documents" vs. "Delete Documents"). Since both t...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Find tab in worksheet
I have a workbook with many tabs & many users and would like to create a 'Go to / find' function that finds a particular tab when opening workbook, so that user will enter tab in text box and will then go directly to tab Try any one of these macros.. You can try out the below macro. If you are new to macros.. --Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). --From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11. --From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code. --Get back to Workbook. --Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run <selected mac...

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...