Creating navigation buttons on a worksheet

Hi
I'm trying to link togethor different pages on excel so i can navigate to
them from each page.

Also does anyone know how to create a drop down menu in excel?

Many Thanks in advance

Ryan
0
ryandude (4)

Maybe by using a hyperlink:
Insert|hyperlink
or
using the =hyperlink() worksheet function:

David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5)
  =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ryan_dude" wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to link togethor different pages on excel so i can navigate to
> them from each page.
>
> Also does anyone know how to create a drop down menu in excel?
>
> Many Thanks in advance
>
> Ryan
0
CLR (807)

create company fail
Hi, At the last step in the utilities, the create company info failed. When I upgraded the company with the red X, the last step crashed. I saw the company in SQL, but I can't see in the GP -- Eric Eric, What are you trying to do? Create a new company or upgrade an existing one? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I like to create a new company, at the last step, the step crashed. I saw this new company in the SQL and I selected this new co again in utilities for complete the step but the step always ...

Enabling outline and level functions on a protected worksheet?
Is there a was to preserve the outline/level functions on a protected worksheet? None of the "allow all users to..." elements seem to affect this feature. When protecting a worksheet is necessary for locking certain formula cells, the outline/level functions become inoperative. I have been unable to find the answer in help screens, etc. Does anyone have the key to this mystery? More than likely, you will need to make a VBA Solution. This will require making macros to unprotect the sheet, perform the action, then reprotect the sheet. You will want to provide a custom toolbar fr...

display text with button
I have multiple buttons and one text field (unbound). What I want to do is when user click on the button. It will display a message in the unbound text field. ie. My first button is Product and when the user click on the product button to open the product tab control the unbound text field will show Product. When the user click another button label Milk, the unboud text will show only Milk. Thanks. ...

why no video format for my windows media creating dvd
my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd that can then be shown on another dvd player "webbnc" <webbnc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A5FE37C-8D1C-42D1-A095-4C34BD721155@microsoft.com... > my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video > format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd > that > can then be shown on another dvd player Your question may be better answered in a news...

Print preview look different than the page I am creating
I created a poster on a page 8.5 x 11. I use a background gray that fills the entire page. When I select Print Preview, there is a white border around the page. Why is this and how do I get rid of it? Is this just to frame my poster and doesn't it print on the page? I'd like to know before I print because this will use up a lot of ink that I don't wish to waste. "DTravz" <DTravz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B7AF632-28B0-4610-BA34-D25886401C2E@microsoft.com... > I created a poster on a page 8.5 x 11. I use a background gray that fills th...

Custom number format button
I'd like to create a toolbar button linked to a custom number format so that clicking on the button would re-format the active cell or range to my custom format. Hi Ken, Alt-F11 to enter the VBE Insert | Module Paste the following code: '===========>> Public Sub aTester() Selection.NumberFormat = "#,##0_);[Red](#,##0)" End Sub '<<=========== Alt=F11 to return to Excel View | Toolbars | Customize | Select 'Commands' tab Select 'Macros' in the left-hand Categories window Drag the smiley icon ftom the commands window to your toolbar Ri...

using publisher to create a report card
Is there a way to create a report cardwith publisher so that teachers can type into the spaces, but they cant change the text? I guess the easiest way is to put the text on the master page, and just have a table you can tab through on the actual page. -- -Robin Corn, Ontarget www.windowlight.co.nz/ontarget/publisher Publisher Resource Site. "Rob" <rwyner@spoint.wnyric.org> wrote in message news:060d01c3563e$0e546980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to create a report cardwith publisher so > that teachers can type into the spaces, but they cant > change the text...

creating a report for an access pivot table
Hello, Could anyone advise me on how to create an access report for a pivot table that was created using access. I tried using subreports but I could not export the pivot table to neither word nor excel... Thank you very much. Nora hi Nora, On 19.02.2010 14:20, noorhanabbas wrote: > Could anyone advise me on how to create an access report for a pivot table > that was created using access. > I tried using subreports but I could not export the pivot table to neither > word nor excel... Do you want an Access report or an Excel export of it? The Excel expor...

Populate cell with Worksheet name
Is there a way to automatically populate a cell with the Worksheet ta name? Thank -- jimbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jimbob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2910 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48841 jimbob, try this, =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) file must be saved first You may also want to have a look here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- Paul B Always backup your data befo...

Creating Access 2007 Database Question
I am not sure where to post this question. I remember finding a forum just for Microsoft Access 2007 questions, but I couldn't find it again... Indifferent Anyway, I have created a database, and have been testing it with my application. I have some data in this database. I was wondering if there was a way in Microsoft Access 2007 to create an empty copy of the database for release. In other words, I would like to create a copy of the database with all of the tables and columns, but without the data (rows) that I had entered as part of using my testing database... Does anyone...

Create Graph in Pop Up Window
Dear All, Does anyone know of an add-in / macro that creates a graph in a small pop-up window, which would update live as data is entered? I'm using XP Thanks Trevor ...

Automating input to a new worksheet
I entering information - with a one to many relationship so to speak. ie one state has 6 to 30 behaviors etc. The problem is that the many cell becomes to bulky and large when looking at the information. So I created another worksheet. Now what I want is to link the behavior cell in one worksheet to the data of the behavior in cell of the other worksheet with the ability to dynamicaly manipulate ( ie add,delete,move etc) and not loose the link between the states their behaviors. Any Ideas? I am sure that a database more applicable for this, but I do not have the time or experienc...

EXCEL WORKSHEETS
WHEN i try to enter data nothing happen. Except at the botton of the screen where program messages are the word END is there. can someone tell me how to fix this!!! i am not through working with this spreadsheet. The END in the status bar just means that you've pressed the END key on the keyboard. If you press it again, the status bar END should disappear. Is the worksheet protected? (Tools>Protection>Unprotect sheet) Can you enter data in a new workbook? manystars wrote: > WHEN i try to enter data nothing happen. Except at the botton of the screen > where program messag...

How do I use excel spreadsheets created in Excel 2000 atwork on my
I use documents on my laptop at work which uses excel 2000, my home pc has microsoft works - so excel is more up to date. Other than using Excel Viewer, which means that I can't adapt documents, what options do I have for using the documents on both computers? hi, option 1. purchase excel for your home pc. option 2. see option 1. Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >I use documents on my laptop at work which uses excel 2000, my home pc has >microsoft works - so excel is more up to date. Other than using Excel >Viewer, which means that I can't adapt docume...

my chart worksheets in Excel 2007 are totally blank. Please help
When I open an Exfel 2007 workbook, my worksheets that contain Excel charts are totally blank! In addition, the ribbons are totally grayed out. Help!! I hope someone could help in this regard. I have Office 2007 Pro. When I remove any chart from being embedded in a sheet to a standalone worksheet, it disappears. I tried this on different graph types. This problem occurs with previous versions of Excel workbooks or newly created ones with 2007. "Steph" wrote: > When I open an Exfel 2007 workbook, my worksheets that contain Excel charts > are totally blank! In addi...

Create picture catalog from current product codes
Any one who knows how to create a catalog of pictures in a=20 spreadsheet, from a list of product codes, that=20 automatically adds the pictures from a specific product=20 code list and creates links from the product code to the=20 specific cell in which the picture is positioned. Thanks=A1 Hi Julio, Merge Pictures and Words - Oh My!, by Cindy Meister, creates a catalog from text wording and external pictures from an Excel database. [photos, photographs] http://www.computorcompanion.com/LMMArticle.asp?ID=126 Also see extracting JPG / GIF files from an Excel document (charts). htt...

I created a table of contents and it includes words from figures
My table of contents keeps showing words from figures. I have demoted the text to body text, deleted it, etc. It keeps showing up in the table of contents. Presuming that you have refreshed the TOC (F9), it suggests that the 'words' are formatted as a Heading Style. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Nootech" <Nootech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72B0C6B3-3236-46B0-877C-695383BB9F05@microsoft.com... > My table of contents keeps showing words from figures. I have demoted the > text to body text, deleted it, etc. It keeps show...

Option Buttons De-selection
I am working in Excel 2000 and created a chart with two columns of option buttons and 20 rows. Column one is a column for 'YES', and column 2 is a column for 'NO'. I was always able to select from row to another the option of yes or no until recently. Now everytime I select yes or no in one row and go to the next row and select yes or no, the prvious selection in the row before it becomes de- selected. I am hoping that maybe somebody can help me out. Thank you, June ...

Creating a Mail list
I have about 100 email addresses from a little show we did. I want to email them a thank you and a coupon. Is there a way to create a mail list to "Distribution" without having to create a separate contact for each person? Right now I have the names saved in an Excel file both as a .xsls and as a ..csv file (all addresses go down one column). Thanks. You can do this, but WLM will create separate contacts (which you can delete after you've finished with your list. Here's how I do it using the WLM desktop interface... 1. Open the Contacts window 2. Select N...

disabling new button in account form
I dont want to hide using security. I am trying to hide new button in the toolbar by a javascript, so I added it in accts/edit.aspx. function window.onload() { var newaccount = document.getElementById('_MBOpenOb1'); newaccount.OnClick=null; newaccount.innerHTML=''; alert('test'); } Is this the right way to accomplish ? ...

Multiple Worksheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I &quot;automatically (or shortcut) move between worksheets without having to click on them? Use either Control or Command while pressing Page Up/Down to move from one sheet to the next. Depending on your need it might also be useful to look into Range Names which can be used for navigation as well as other referencing purposes. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/29/10 8:02 AM, in article 59bb9258.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "gerns@officeformac.com" <gerns@officeformac.com&g...

How to redeploy or create a clone of a live server?
Hi We need to create a clone for our CRM server. How this to be done? What database should we need, do we need on the MSCRM and METABASE? or all of CRM related database? Regarding setting of timezone, how we will be able to know the timezone in the live so that we synchronize it to the clone server? Active Directory users set up, how this done correctly so that users have no issues regarding authentication and authorization? You may add some points if im missing something. Thanks ...

Auto Fill button
Does anyone out there know how to program the autofill button to be used for different applications. For instance, it is currently programmed to be used with shipping carriers to fill out default customer and shipping info. I would like to use it to fill out customer info into a booking program online. Any ideas? ...

Re: Outlook 97 autoarchive creates duplicates
I am using Outlook 97 and I have auto-archive configured to run daily o my Personal Folder to erase any mail items over 1 year old. For some reason, when archiving Sent Items, it seems to create copie of message acceptance notices that I have sent in the past instead o deleting them. All other items seem to be deleted correctly. Even after only a month, a single item will have multiplied into th thousands (it doubles every day), bringing auto-archiving to it knees! I can't see any obvious settings on the affected items or folders o elsewhere. Deleting the items manually does not repro...

How to add buttons dynamically on toolbar
Hi I have created a toolbar foe IE in ATL,COM and WTL.Now I want to add a button to it which will be created dynamically.That is the only one button in the toolbar which will be created dynamically.The text on that button will be changed everyday.But I want to have only one image for that button which will be always on that button.The changing of text part on button I can do,but I don't know how to add a button programmatically on a toolbar and how to assign image and text on it.Can aybody help me with code? Have a look at CToolBarCtrl::AddButtons (), CToolBarCtrl::InsertButton(), CToolB...