Creating an Address Book for home use and Christmas Card labels

What is the best way to set up an address book/phone book for home use?  I
also want to use this same book to print out label for Christmas cards.  What
is the best way to do all of this?

Row 1 you have separate column titles for Lastname, Firstname, Address, City,
State or Province, ZIP or Postal Code, Phone Number.

Enter your data row by row for each person on your list.

Then have a look at using Word for the Labels.

For help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:30:03 -0700, Go Irish! <Go
Irish!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>What is the best way to set up an address book/phone book for home use?  I
>also want to use this same book to print out label for Christmas cards.  What
>is the best way to do all of this?

0
Gord
4/2/2007 8:09:43 PM
I have one I set up years ago with name, address, city, st zip, etc. For
xmas I put an x in a supplemental column and use

Sub openxmas()
    Dim appWD As Object
    Dim wdDoc As Document
    Set appWD = CreateObject("Word.Application")
        appWD.Visible = True
        appWD.ChangeFileOpenDirectory ActiveWorkbook.Path
        appWD.Documents.Open Filename:="XmasListEnvelopes.doc"
    Set wdDoc = appWD.ActiveDocument
End Sub

Sub GetMailMergeList()
ClearRows = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row + 1
Rows("3:" & ClearRows).Clear

x = Sheets("addresses").Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row
For Each c In Sheets("Addresses").Range("a5:a" & x)
If UCase(c.Offset(0, 10)) = "X" Then
x = [mailmerge!a65536].End(xlUp).Row + 1
myname = c.Offset(0, 2) & " " & c.Offset(0, 1) & " " & c
Sheets("mailmerge").Range("a" & x) = Trim(Application.Proper(myname))
Sheets("mailmerge").Range("b" & x) = c.Offset(0, 3)
Sheets("mailmerge").Range("c" & x) = c.Offset(0, 4)
End If
Next
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Go Irish!" <Go Irish!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the best way to set up an address book/phone book for home use?  I
> also want to use this same book to print out label for Christmas cards.
> What
> is the best way to do all of this?

0
dguillett1 (2487)
4/2/2007 8:15:16 PM
If you have the information in your Windows Address Book,
then you can export it to a file that you can use in Excel.
You will only get the General not the Shared names though.

Then you can continue with the previous  suggestions.

For a listing in Excel  I would put the phone number first
then you can see the phone number to left and the
address information to the right of sorted name columns.
It is easy to grab and move columns around in Excel
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#mouse
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Go Irish!" <Go Irish!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:442B4DA2-480A-4F48-AAA1-E3F29FAD3EA5@microsoft.com...
> What is the best way to set up an address book/phone book for home use?  I
> also want to use this same book to print out label for Christmas cards.  What
> is the best way to do all of this?

Problems with creating a newsletter

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Using INDIRECT within functions

How to use count for calls per hour

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...