creating a table automatically

hi this is my first post, i'm fairly new to excel & i was hoping someone
could help me out.
i'm doing some computer work for my uncle & as i was going through
everything that needed doing & i came accross this excel problem. I'd
already created the document which is an operational status report.
when he asked me to set it up so that a section of the report would
automatically appear on each new page of the document. he's given me a
list of the cells he wants to appear automatically. the list is a box
from the cell A8 down to the cell N17.
within the box is at least one table.

is it possible to do this & if so how do i do it?

thanks in advance & i'd appreciate quick responses

--
robnw11
robnw11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36339

- Select the cells in Excel spreadsheet you desire to insert and
  copy.
- In your report, place the cursor where you want the table,
  Select: Edit-->Paste Special
  At the Paste Special dialog, select the "Paste Link" radio
  button, select MS Excel WS Obj from the "As:" list
- O.K.

--
protonLeah

protonLeah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32097
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561283

When you say "new page of the document" do you mean each new page as the
paper pages are printed?  Or do mean to say "new sheet"?
    If you mean that you want every new sheet to have that block of data,
simply create one sheet with that data, then use that sheet as only a
template sheet.  When you want to create a new sheet, just copy that
template sheet then name it as you wish.  HTH  Otto
"robnw11" <robnw11.2awm68_1152828012.751@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:robnw11.2awm68_1152828012.751@excelforum-nospam.com...

> hi this is my first post, i'm fairly new to excel & i was hoping someone
> could help me out.
> i'm doing some computer work for my uncle & as i was going through
> everything that needed doing & i came accross this excel problem. I'd
> already created the document which is an operational status report.
> when he asked me to set it up so that a section of the report would
> automatically appear on each new page of the document. he's given me a
> list of the cells he wants to appear automatically. the list is a box
> from the cell A8 down to the cell N17.
> within the box is at least one table.
>
> is it possible to do this & if so how do i do it?
>
> thanks in advance & i'd appreciate quick responses
>

> --
> robnw11
> robnw11's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36339
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561283

0
ottokmnop (389)
7/14/2006 9:40:52 PM
thanks a lot to both of you, i'll try the advice out now.

--
robnw11
robnw11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36339
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561283

i followed the paste special/link instructions after talking with my
uncle & deciding thats what he wanted, but it didn't work properly. i
followed the instructions you gave me up until i got to the paste link
button but i couldn't do this instruction "select MS Excel WS Obj from
the "As:" list" because i didn't know what you meant. how do i do this?
will this mean that the selected information will automatically appear
on each new page of the document? thanks a lot

--
robnw11
robnw11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36339
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561283

how to create toc based on tab names
how to create toc based on the tab names in the workbook and hyperlink them? Hi Right click the worksheet where you want to have the toc and select "View Code". In the VB Screen add the following macro. Sub Worksheet_Activate() Dim wSheet As Worksheet l = 1 With Me .Columns(1).Clear .Cells(1, 1) = "INDEX" End With For Each wSheet In Worksheets If wSheet.Name <> Me.Name Then l = l + 1 t$ = "'" & wSheet.Name & "'!A1" x$ = wSheet.Name ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=M...

create printable form that has data from excell document insertet
I have information on pay for my employees on an excell spreadsheet. I need to create a form that looks like a check stub that i can print with this information in it each week to give to the employee. (the excell information needs to be merged into the pay form)? Creating forms in Excel can be rather tedious, as you've probably realized. Also, to create something that would spit out numerous duplicate looking pages would require that the 'form' be replicated in Excel once for each employee. A better way would be to create the form in Microsoft Word as a Mail Merge docume...

Problem Creating MailBoxes #2
Hello, Thankyou for helping me out. I followed your advice and used the troubleshooting guide. I have ascertained that it is a security issue as the query returned 0 results in events 8012 each time I created a new user with a mailbox. However I cant see what security setting I am missing. My Exchange server is a member of Domain Computers, Exchange Domain Servers & Exchange Enterprise Servers. Where my Domain Controller is a member of Domain Controllers & Exchange Domain Servers. What security permissions am I missing? Please note that we are only running the one domain controller an...

Preserving in-document hyperlinks in Automatic tables of contents (TOC)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've used a template from my old office (that has been used on PCs and Macs) for a press clips document, and it includes a Table of Contents that is based on the Heading presets. The table works perfectly when I update it, but when I create hyperlinks for each of the lines to link to anchor headings throughout the document, I can't update the TOC again without losing all the hyperlinks. This document is something I need to edit every day, so finding a way to make the hyperlinks to the anchor headings per...

create xslt stylesheet in code
Hi, As a follow on from an earlier post I have another question about xslt. Is it possible to create the stylsheet programatically? Is this sensible? In the first phase I needed to map element name from inbound xml to my internal elements to standardize disparate input. Now I could just create an xslt stylesheet for each possible inbound format and be done, but I think it would be powerful to be able store this mapping in a database and programatically create the stylsheet. This way I don't have to maintain potentially a great number of stylesheets. The trouble is, I can't find an...

creating relationship between entity case and entity quote.
Hi everybody I am trying to create a relationship between entity case and entity quote. But I cannot able to do it. Is it Possible anyway. Regards Thanks in advance. -- Jaber You can't do this, unfortunately; CRM does not allow you to create new relationships between system entities. It depends on your data model, but one option might be to create a custom entity that has a relationship to both the case and the quote -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Jaber" wrote: > Hi everybody > I am trying to create a relationship ...

Table of Contents
I could use some help adding a table of contents to my word document from PowerShell. What is some basic code for adding and formatting a table of contents to a word document from PS? Thanks in advance. Stacy Good question... What version of Word? 2007? You may be better off doing it in raw XML. I'm not sure there's TOC functionality in VBA, but you could check and prove me wrong... ;-) Marco "sthein5" <sthein5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBA98F5F-7F09-4E98-91B4-E01EFDDA0EC6@microsoft.com... > I could use some help a...

how to delete/remove table Ex2003
I have searched the help files but can not locate how to remove a 'table' defined in the 'Name Box' ? can someone help... Thanks, Tim R If you want to delete the "name" goto insert>name>define>delete -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "TimR" <trinaz@cox.net> wrote in message news:eyqIZX0NGHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have searched the help files but can not locate how to remove a 'table' > defined in the 'Name Box' ? can someone help... > > Thanks, Tim R > > ...

automatic sync
Hi, I just downloaded Windows Live Mail for Windows 7 and want to know if there is a way to have an automatic sync so I don't have to go and sync with my Rogers email account every time I want to check for emails? Is this possible? Thanks for your help. Go to Tools/Options and on the window that pops up look for "Check for new messages every " and type in the number of minutes you want the polling interval to be. Don't make it too low or some mail sites may blacklist you. I have mine set for every 2 mins. Colin Brown WL MVP "ds" <dj...

Best Practice: Business Units or automatic sharing??
Hi, We have following scenario in which users are granted as less access to records as possible. The sales persons are subdivided per country area (call it 'sales territory'). Sales persons can only see their own records. Every area will also have two managers, which can see all accounts they created and all accounts the sales persons of that area created. Furthermore it is possible that one person is a manager of several sales areas... What is according to you people the best practice to set up this security model? The difficulty here are not really the 'sales persons&#...

Outlook 2003: Need links that automatically updated if liked file is moved?
hi. I like to use links to internal files (emails etc) and external files (Office documents, faxes and scanned documents in .tiff format etc) in Outlook 2003. For example I may have a task to write someone a letter and when I do it I may write an email and put a link (shortcut) in the task. However, if I move the email from my sent items to a different Outlook folder the email link in the task is now incorrect and doesn't work. Or if I send a fax under MS Fax I'll put a shortcut of the fax in the task. Again if I move the fax file the task link is broken. This is just one e...

Insert Values Into A Table Using A Module
Hi, PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM, IM STUCK! :confused: Ill explain the problem quickly with an example. Ive got this table: January1999 February1999 Etc... day 1 value value day 2 value value day 3 value value day 4 value value day 5 value value Etc... value value The table is very very large and inputing values in it by scrollon through it is very irritating, so i want to design a little module tha would allow me to either (1) input, or (2) call a value in a given x, point of the table. The 1st problem r...

How to stop automatic "matching"
Everytime I download transactions from my bank's web site, Money 2002 tries to match some of them with older transactions. I have to manually unmatch them and it's a pain. Many times the transaction Money wants to match with is not even for the exact same amount! Does anyone know how to stop this? Thanks, Mika Mantere I don't know how to stop automatic matching but you can set the range MS Money looks back to 1 day. Tools->Options->Online Services. Set the "Match Transactions within a 'fill in the blank' day range" You can't enter zero but you ...

Pivot Tables
[Excel 2003] I have a question regarding the activation of pivot table refreshes from a userform. I tried to use the following code in a command button without success: ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PovotTableName").RefreshTable I think the code doesnt work because the userform is in another sheet to the pivot table, however I need this to be the case since I have 10 different sheets, each with a different pivot table. Can anyone help ? Roger, Always worth looking in the VBA helpfile which gives good direction on both questions. Try following & see i...

Creating an Account from a contact
Hi I have a customer who wants to automatically create an account when the contact is created, and to make the contact the Primary Contact for that account. (The scenario is that the contact phones, and so is created, but the account is ready for other contacts to be linked to. In this implementation, the only role of the account is as a container to group contacts into families.) I've looked at doing it through workflow (post url), which seems not to work. Has anyone done this? Thanks Gill Try having them create a Lead instead and then convert the Lead to an Account and Co...

working with groups in Excel and creating combinations
I have the following problem with excel. I have a varied amount of groups of names and each group contains a different amount of names. I need excel to list all the possible combinations from each group. The combination size also varies. EG Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Dave Fred Janet Harry Bob Selina Jim jane Jo The group sizes vary and the amount of group vary. I need excel to make various combinations eg In a "2" combination Dave can go with Fred or Janet. Fr...

Exchange 2007 recipient policies create duplicate addresses
Bug report: The Exchange 2007 recipient policies will gladly create two objects with the same address. We get no indication of the situation until senders inform us that their messages to the address that was duplicated are bouncing. This is aggravated by the aggressive enforcement of recipient policies in Exchange 2007. We hope you're able to fix this as soon as possible. Thanks ...

Pivot table-date grouping
I receive excel data from six outside agencies on a monthly schedule. One of the columns is Date. When I put all the data together on one ss, I can create a pivot table but I cannot group the dates. (I know it is a date format problem as I created a dummy ss from scratch and was able to create the chart.) Each date cell has a green tic in the top left corner. Format|Cells tells me it's a date but the infobox next to each date cell shows me a list of options. How can I take the existing column of dates and maybe move them to a new column with a correct date format so that I can use t...

take values from listbox on form and INSERT INTO table
I have a piece of code that I am trying to use to insert values from a listbox on a form into a table, but I keep getting an error message: "Microsoft Access can't find the field 'frmROEsList' referred to in your expression." It stops right at the line: Set frm = form!frmROEsList I thought this line is supposed to define the form, frmROEsList, but Access is thinking there needs to be a field. Why/what field? I am trying to get the data from the listbox. Here is my code as is when a user clicks a line in the listbox: Private Sub lstOracleLinesForROEs_Click() Dim...

Create files and performance design
Hi, I've a MFC VC++ 6 program which needs to be updated to write out image (jpg, 640x480) files at a rate of 1s. What is the best approach in designing the writer class, such that, it does not block the main thread while the images are written onto disk? My initial thought is the put the Writer class onto a separate thread? What are my alternatives? >My initial thought is the put the Writer class onto a separate thread? What >are my alternatives? Overlapped IO - see the FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED option of the CreateFile API. Dave You have a couple choices here. One is to ...

Transfer data to another table
Hi folks, I have a field Yes/No and when the box is (checked) I want the data to be transfer to another table with the same value "Yes" Dosen't anyone knows how can I do this? Thanking you all in advance for your help! Fred's Yes, many of us know how to do this and most would recommend against it. We'll need a little more information regarding what you actually are trying to accomplish since leaving the data in the existing table allows you to control what is selected by using criteria. Are you asking to delete from table1 and append to table2 or leave the rows i...

How do I create a running report on Excel
I am trying to create a running production census for a medical facility. I just need to know how to get the data to automaticly contine with the ongoing numbers. If your data starts in A2, put the following formula in B2 and copy it down your sheet. =A2+B1 HTH, Gary Brown "Michellle M" <MichellleM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47144A4B-A4A6-4B5B-B9E1-20BD06743793@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a running production census for a medical facility. I > just need to know how to get the data to automaticly contine with the > ongoing >...

Listing just a single actual months events from a table over a number of years.
In Access I have a table of events with one column having the date dd/mm/yyyy. I want to, for example, list all the events that took place in the month of February in all years. so it would extract 12/02/1999, 25/02/2003 and so on. And then later,all the November events, etc. Thanks for your help. Jim. Hi you may post this to the Access NG. But also Acces should have a month function IIRC and you could create a user defined field in your query -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany jimsunz wrote: > In Access I have a table of events with one column having the date > dd/mm/yyy...

How to dinamic cell that searches for "value1 & value2" in table.
Hi I have an excell sheet with columns city and comercename i would like to make a dinamic cell that searches for city=Lisbon & comercename=cars and it would search the entire database and crate an output with all entries witch respected city=lisbon and comercename=cars. How to? Hi Have a look at Data/Filter/Autofilter. -- Andy. "armindo" <armindo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A59A9F3-6C05-4897-8495-5A2457EC5639@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have an excell sheet with columns city and comercename i would like to > make a dinamic cel...

Create contract lines from Order
Hi ! I want to create contract line automatically after Order creating. What is best practics for it? Please explain which customization i need to do. Thanks. Nobody can not help? What about relationship system-custom-system, order-custom entity-contract,can some body explain? Thanks is_vlb50@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi ! > I want to create contract line automatically after Order creating. > What is best practics for it? Please explain which customization i need > to do. > Thanks. I think I found solution: http://www.tconv.com/blogs/crm3tips/2005/11/creating-many-to-many-relati...