Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads

Hi all,

I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document
using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet,
say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME,
DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some
records of my customers.

COMPANY NM         DATE        ITEM1       ITEM2       ITEM3     QUOTATION
TTL
----------------        -------       --------       -------       --------
  -------------------
ABC Limited            3 Apr        xxxxx         xxxxx         xxxxxx
$1234.56
AAA Inc.                 9 Dec       xxxxxx       xxxxxx       xxxxxxx
$987.65
BBB Consultations   11 Nov       xxxxx        xxxxx          xxxxxx
$999.99

I am trying to automate this quotation process of creating a new words
document with hard coded texts at specific alignments and dump in the data
from these 6 fields every time I add a new record to ms excel. So I could
print out and fax to my customer the quotation document after trigger the
create new words docu macros.

Please enlighten me the workaround. Thank you.

Ringo

0
ringotan (14)

I would stick with Excel to make the Quotation form.  (I've changed all my
Word forms to Excel - if it involves math, Excel is far better than Word for
computations).  If you're not into macros, one work around would be to copy
the line you want to use to create the Quote.  Paste it in row 1 of the Quote
form (make the text white).  In the form, refer to Row 1 and the cells to
place the date in the Quote form, and print it.

HTH,
Carole O

"ringo tan" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document
> using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet,
> say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME,
> DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some
> records of my customers.
>
> COMPANY NM         DATE        ITEM1       ITEM2       ITEM3     QUOTATION
> TTL
> ----------------        -------       --------       -------       --------
>   -------------------
> ABC Limited            3 Apr        xxxxx         xxxxx         xxxxxx
> $1234.56
> AAA Inc.                 9 Dec       xxxxxx       xxxxxx       xxxxxxx
> $987.65
> BBB Consultations   11 Nov       xxxxx        xxxxx          xxxxxx
> $999.99
>
> I am trying to automate this quotation process of creating a new words
> document with hard coded texts at specific alignments and dump in the data
> from these 6 fields every time I add a new record to ms excel. So I could
> print out and fax to my customer the quotation document after trigger the
> create new words docu macros.
>
> Please enlighten me the workaround. Thank you.
>

> Ringo

0
CaroleO (115)